mlukfc.com Forums

mlukfc.com Forums (https://www.mlukfc.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic (https://www.mlukfc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Post your thoughts (https://www.mlukfc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4661)

LucyK! 02 Apr 2008 22:56

The issue isn't the amount of posting Neil, it's the content. It's constant posts that exclude everyone except two people because they're constant posts about your private lives. No one has a problem with you and Jo using this place to communicate (Christ knows it's cheaper than a phonebill) but no-one wants to log on here and read things that really should be private between the two/three of you.

And to be honest if we're discussing maturity here then I really don't think calling people childish and ignoring things is the way forward here.

Deb 02 Apr 2008 22:59

I was just about to reply to your post Neil with the fact you said discussion over or what ever the words were and then chose to be sarcy about it.

But Lucy beat me to it in a huge way lol.

I personally don't find it bad. Although I have to admit today for the first time I ventured out of this thread and into others in OT and was very shocked at how the convo was only between 3 people. And could then see what others were finding annoying.

BUT to be fair, this isn't the first time this has happened. RJ, Karl and Jonty took over this topic and the sb for months :-P Not that it bothered me at all. So have many others on many occasions, with many convos between a few people that others dont get. Only a few have I ever found annoying. But there have been many times in the past and especially after last May when many here met up and became close that many felt left out here. Trust me from someone who watched both, that was just as bad.

As far as I can make out it is just postwhoring, I don't think its malicious in anyway. Others have been at times.

But I have got annoyed today at the attitude to the Liverpool thread. As it was just opinions that we gave. There was no need to take it as you did Neil.

Deb 02 Apr 2008 23:05

Neil my replies to you today were a joke and are the first time i've said anything, or even felt the need to, to be honest. Plus as I said in reply to you, it was more of a joke. But I guess if you have had it a lot lately it's easy to see that everyone is doing it. I actually wasnt and havent been.

LucyK! 02 Apr 2008 23:10

Several people here have made little quips and remarks about it, but I think I can safely say that they've been made with the hope that perhaps the hint would be taken and we could avoid someone having to post as bluntly as I did. Unfortunately for everyone that didn't happen.

Again, no-one has an issue with the quantity - like Deb says, RJ, Karl and Jonty posted constantly at one point too - the issue is the personal content that excludes everyone else and is things that really aren't for our reading

djfierce 02 Apr 2008 23:12

I agree completely with Deb, alot of people have private conversations using this board including some who complain about neil and co. On different days it irritates me or not, but on the whole i dont care, i only care if it happens on a Meat article thread which happened recently and i did post. Off topic? Nope don't care really, as far as i can see these areas are maintained by maybe 10-15 people (being generous there lol)

Things do seem to go haywire once people know each other personally or date, which is why me and m dont post to each other too much on board, pretty much because none of it is relevant to any threads anyway but because our private life is just that M has a blog for the other stuff. I'm not saying everyone should do that its just how we do it.

I'm talking about friends too, when you type something that you know only one or two other people will get then i define that as a private conversation, thats just me though.

Some people should look at themselves before criticising others i think, and i mean no one in particular before i get hounded, there are way too many to mention.

LucyK! 02 Apr 2008 23:20

It's inevitable on a forum of people who are friends both on and offline, including people who are couples, that there will be comments made that are for the attention of a specific person or group, "in jokes" are to be expected, but surely not constantly in every thread in an entire area of the forum? Especially by the Mod who posted rules stating we shouldn't do that.

Like you Anji, Andy and I considering our private lives to be private, and apart from the fact it's no-one business what we get up to I very much doubt anyone here is interested enough to read about it anyway, which is why, like Michael, things we've done as a couple are told in Blog posts. That's also our choice and I respect other people's choices in how their conduct their relationships (be it as part of a couple or a friendship), the issue as far as i can see is that this is Off Topic for everyone, but it's hard to get involved in constant personal conversations

Deb 02 Apr 2008 23:21

One thing I do want to add to this. Some say it isn't a Meat forum anymore. but so many post in off topic and TOTALLY ignore many Meat posts. Aknowledging them would sure help in making it more like a Meat forum again ;)

Now that is one thing that really does annoy me :-P

djfierce 02 Apr 2008 23:38

Yep actual news doesnt seem to get acknowledged or commented by the mass.

Anyway i've spared enough 2 cents on this, go get your own now :p

duke knooby 02 Apr 2008 23:41

always nice to get a mention though ;)
lol

Lord Kagan 02 Apr 2008 23:44

oh aye, even if your name is spelled wrong :p

Deb 03 Apr 2008 00:05

lol sorry 'Carl'

Lord Kagan 03 Apr 2008 00:08

no no keep getting my name wrong, i can deny it was me then

mszee 03 Apr 2008 00:25

Well, I kind of agree with everything above and I do try to look at every point and at each side and try to justify things...

For me it's a bit different than annoyance. Annoyance is a very simple feeling and is easily done with by pressing log out button - no big deal.

But when I personally see a happy couple (and thank god, we do have a few of them here) addressing each other on open threads (who knows - maybe they have computer problems, money problems, phone problems and it's their only way of communication)...I try to stay away. I am letting those couples talk to each other. Never will I intrude on a stream of conversation between two people who are considered a couple in real life or otherwise, unless I am in on the inside joke of some kind or am really close to them.

So...I stay away from one thread for a while until I see somebody else joining in...and then I stay away from another thread if I see similar conversation there...and then I find myself staying away from most of the off topic (topic which I enjoy) threads...and then, I guess I feel left out...and sometimes when all threads are jumping I do try to chime in...but it does feel like being a 5th wheel and I just bud out...

It is probably me and my sick tactfullness...but it is what it is for me...

Don't know if I've explained myself well...but that's what it is like for me personally...

SW31 03 Apr 2008 02:09

i think if a couple need to talk in that way use chat not open foums ,dont have much else to say on it ta or we would be here all night/day/night ect

Battybarb 03 Apr 2008 10:38

Why do some people think that they are a cut above everyone else,it aint what you have got that matters,it is the person you are ,at the end of the day you cant take anything with you and we all end up in the same place and there aint anything you can do about it..........

djfierce 03 Apr 2008 11:02

I dont think its a matter of some thinking they are cut above, i think it is more that some people can't seem to see that they do the same thing, maybe little less obvious or less frequent to some but to those that dont post often it is very blatant. This site is currently being maintained by maybe half a dozen people with the odd poster in the Meat related threads. Starting to look a bit like another big Meat loaf site i think.

Battybarb 03 Apr 2008 11:20

wasnt talking about anyone on the forum,its people around me at the moment

Battybarb 03 Apr 2008 11:21

p.s. at work and also at home

Battybarb 03 Apr 2008 11:24

its just how i am feeling at the moment,having to go into work and put up with it the same everyday,that is why i have been on here a lot lately to get away from realality for a few hours,so i dont end up going mad

djfierce 03 Apr 2008 11:26

ok hun,

Someones just interpreted my post to me and it was taken wrong, i thought you meant those with an opinion on this, but yes there are a few specific people on this site who do think they are cut above and forget we are all just fans.

We all have friends on here, some even have partners, we all decide what is appropriate, that is our right as adults. If something is wrong or members are acting inappropriately then it is the mods job not members to sort it out, yes Neil is a mod and maybe biased on this but he isnt the only mod.

Battybarb 03 Apr 2008 11:32

i suppose its a lot like text messages sometimes,the way it is written is not always the way it is read and can cause a lot of confusion ,not always good,i find evryone on here very friendly and have only been on here for a lot less time than a lot of people as i didnt have a computer but have been in the fan club since 1999 and have too made some lovely friends,a lot of the time it often seems like a family,must shoot now or will be late for work

RadioMaster 03 Apr 2008 15:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by djfierce (Post 404970)
ok hun,

Someones just interpreted my post to me and it was taken wrong, i thought you meant those with an opinion on this, but yes there are a few specific people on this site who do think they are cut above and forget we are all just fans.

We all have friends on here, some even have partners, we all decide what is appropriate, that is our right as adults. If something is wrong or members are acting inappropriately then it is the mods job not members to sort it out, yes Neil is a mod and maybe biased on this but he isnt the only mod.

For the record, the british fan community has only very few people who think they are 'better' than other fans. ThatS what I like about you guys: you are kind and friendly to everybody new to the community, and dont judge them by facts llike how many shows have they seen, or how many records do they own.

In the German community on the other hand, you have maybe 5 or 6 people who dont even bother talking to or looking at 'newer' fans, as they think theyre not worth it.
Thats why I spend so much time with you guys ;)

Deb 03 Apr 2008 16:00

Not got much time but..... I find the opposite RJ lol. Some of my best friends are the German fans and if I could talk German would spend far more time with them. luckily for me most of them speak English ;)

RadioMaster 03 Apr 2008 16:21

very interesting

Deb 03 Apr 2008 16:51

Indeed RJ, and how i'm feeling right now I think i'd best shut up. or Neil, Jo and Barb wont be the only one's who's feelings have been hurt...