mlukfc.com Forums

mlukfc.com Forums (https://www.mlukfc.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic (https://www.mlukfc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Post your thoughts (https://www.mlukfc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4661)

Deb 04 Apr 2008 00:14

I'm sorry Ali but if R see's it's ok for people to carry on and talk this through then I see no reason why we can't do that. As has been said here before we all have the choice not to read it.

Me and Lucy are having an adult conversation here, we don't agree but it isn't a slanging match. Sometimes the only way to clear things up is to all talk them through. As it was it would have looked far worse if the thread had have been locked when R first did and stayed that way. Lucy and Andy are both friends of mine. That doesnt mean I have to agree with them on everything and I can say when I don't. At the moment I think whats being said is relevant to the conversation and as soon as it isn't i;m sure one of us will take it off of here.

Siobhan 04 Apr 2008 00:17

I haven't been a member here for very long but I have always felt welcome and I just wanted to explain that I haven't posted on here very much recently but that is because I am snowed under with school work not because I dont feel welcome.
Forgive me if i'm wrong but this could be the case for other people too and might explain why less people are posting.
Thats just my opinion and as I have said i'm only new and so I don't know much about what has been said on here in the past.
Also from what I have read (might have misread) the main problem is that posts have been interpreted wrongly and this can't be helped.

Deb 04 Apr 2008 00:21

Lucy I totally understand where you are coming from here. As to where the line is drawn I don't really know.

And as far as me not saying anything ( I can't speak for others) i'm sure at one point or another I have to both of you at different times. At the end of the day it' no big deal. Just a bit unfair that others can annoy people at times yet when others annoy them it's such a big deal. And i'm sure that many have been the vitcim of back stabbing (for want of a better word) not just you 2 or Neil and Jo. I've had many a convo with yourself and Andy about others that have peed us off over the yrs. Doesn't make any of us bad though. Or even them for that matter.

LucyK! 04 Apr 2008 00:31

This has got to end at some point.....

At the end of the day there was an issue and I brought it up. I realise that on reading it it upset and probably shocked Neil, Jo and Barb as I know it would have done to me, but they were not personal attacks from me or anyone else and I'm sorry if that's how they were interpreted. No-one is claiming that the three mentioned have offended or hurt anyone, it's just something that's become a bit irritating, the same as when people mentioned Carl, RJ and Jonty, or Andy and me (the only difference being that no-one thought to tell us... :roll: :p )

It was inevitable that one day the online community would branch out into friendships and relationships in the "real world" and I think with that comes closer bonds between people, meet ups outside of ML events and a lot more discussion of other members, be it good or bad and I don't think a single person here can claim to have never done it.

It is annoying that some rules can apply to some and not to others, in any situation not just this one, but that's the way of the world unfortunately, so I guess all we can do is everyone take on board what's been said and get on with it, otherwise there'll be even fewer people posting because we'll have all left for good.

firefly 04 Apr 2008 00:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deb (Post 405098)
I'm sorry Ali but if R see's it's ok for people to carry on and talk this through then I see no reason why we can't do that. As has been said here before we all have the choice not to read it.

Me and Lucy are having an adult conversation here, we don't agree but it isn't a slanging match. Sometimes the only way to clear things up is to all talk them through. As it was it would have looked far worse if the thread had have been locked when R first did and stayed that way. Lucy and Andy are both friends of mine. That doesnt mean I have to agree with them on everything and I can say when I don't. At the moment I think whats being said is relevant to the conversation and as soon as it isn't i;m sure one of us will take it off of here.

Deb there no need to say sorry.... just don't like things like this being said.... your both good friends!!!!! Hope you sort it!
Take Care

SW31 04 Apr 2008 00:42

hummm should start a bi###### thread - this is post your thoughts isnt it

Deb 04 Apr 2008 00:46

These are my thoughts, as they are many others :-P

Lucy I agree with all you wrote ....

Ali... don't worry it'll all come out in the wash i'm sure :-)

mszee 04 Apr 2008 00:59

Well, I wish somebody told me before that I am a liar, a forgerer and generally indicent person who would lie, steal and cheat to be nominated for joke award at some forum...award that actually I think R. won (at least I hope so cause I nominated him and felt he is most deserving)...

Well, well, well...I might have gotten an ulcer out of this but good to know anyway...yeah, well...

I guess that's it then...

Deb 04 Apr 2008 01:04

Zina that is not what I meant in any shape or form and I do not have a problem with you in any shape or form.

Anyone can see that someone who's been on a forum for less than a yr or what ever it was isn't really a candidate for life time achievemnet award on that board. that was not a dig at you, but nore at those that voted lol. Plus it was by far the only catagory I meant.

SW31 04 Apr 2008 01:19

I guess that's it then...

don't go zina there's still plenty of postwhoring to do as long as we keep on topic -otherwise we may have to set up another site that anything goes...:cool:

Battybarb 04 Apr 2008 01:26

Just when you think it cant get any worse there is a war film on tv ,ugh

duke knooby 04 Apr 2008 02:18

that was a good night... excellent gig.. knackered.. cya

Mick Loaf 04 Apr 2008 02:22

I should be in bed

AndyK 04 Apr 2008 13:10

Well, that's the favourite ~~~~~~ed for The Grand National Tomorrow, I've just drawn it in the office sweepstake.

RadioMaster 04 Apr 2008 16:08

bored as hell and still no end in sight...

duke knooby 04 Apr 2008 17:57

nah.. better not

Lord Kagan 04 Apr 2008 18:29

no glove and all that

Betty 04 Apr 2008 18:32

f*ck, this sucks!! It could be perfect, I know it :(

Lord Kagan 04 Apr 2008 18:33

howd the "meeting" go?

Betty 04 Apr 2008 18:35

was fun.
didnīt need one or two though ;)

duke knooby 04 Apr 2008 18:50

in on a fri night... poor

Hypnobabe 04 Apr 2008 18:55

Mungry....

Betty 04 Apr 2008 19:07

moaningly hungry?? :?

The Flying Mouse 04 Apr 2008 19:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lucy! (Post 405103)
This has got to end at some point.....

At the end of the day there was an issue and I brought it up.

:twisted: Please, PLEASE, of all the bullshit, DO NOT pretend to give yourself credit that you brought this up.

RJ was posting stuff about ignore threads, you made a snotty remark, I snapped at you (with a remark that was out of order, and have since apologized for) and that provoked you to get on your high horse and have a rant.

If you had not been provoked into that, then Barbara Jo and myself would still be on the receiving end of petty minded ambiguous remarks that are denied at the first challenge.

Just DON'T do it.

Now, if this is the time where we all talk honestly and openly, i'll join in with this seasons latest fashion..............

I don't know why, but it seems to me that Lucy has set herself up as the figure head in this little witch hunt, but of late i'm sensing this this incredible urge to be the head of the pack.To always have an opinion and something important to say.

Lucy, take some good advice and take a long hard look at your signature.
"Women who behave themselves rarely go down in history "

Women who go down in history go down in history for doing something worthwhile.
Emily Pankhurst - Votes for women.
Marie Currie - Chemist, physicist and pioneer in cancer research.
Even Margarette Thatcher - 1st woman PM.

There's nothing wrong at all with women fighting for their rights, their beliefs something (ANYTHING) worth while, but set your sights on something a little bigger than the off topic section of mlukfc (No, i'm not talking about General Messages)
If you have a burning desire to go down in history, then i'm afraid off topic is not going to seal the deal.

This is not meant as a criticism, a strong will and mind can be a great thing, but you are using it in the wrong way if the height of your ambition is telling people off for posting stuff here.

Now where does all this leave us?

According to Lucy there is a major hidden army of pissed off meat loaf fans on this site because Barbara Jo and I are posting to each other.

According to Lucy it's about the content.
I think Deb has said plenty on that subject, and i'm not going to add anything to it, because as far as i'm concerned it's an open adult forum and Lucy can post whatever she likes.

But everything else I have read , including the "you can get away with reading 20" post that prompted me to snap at Lucy, has been about the amount of posts.

So which is it?

Now R. has posted on this thread that he HAD indeed received a single PM asking him to do something.
This thread is the first I have heard about that communication.
R. decided that no action was warranted as the offending posts were in the off topic area (and even those posts were in the right place i.e. I wouldn't ask Jo for a pint in the one word story thread).

What me Jo and Barbara do...............

We post on the threads in off topic.

We stay on the topic of the particular thread.

We do not post to ourselves.

When other people join in posting, we interact with those people, whoever they are, and post to those people as well as ourselves.

Have a very simple in joke that is so out in can hardly be in.
Nobody can say that they can't understand what is being said.

What we don't do...............

Take all the crap (yes, it really is crap) onto the serious parts of the forum.

Post the person below posts in the one word story thread.

We do not ignore and exclude people who come and join in with the posting.

Post complex in jokes about what people have said on PM/skype/msn/telephone or smoke signals that have people scratching their heads and wondering what's being said and why.
For instance, in this very thread that argues against in jokes...........
Quote:

Originally Posted by mszee (Post 405048)
My nameless friend who knows who you're...I wish now we've made a bet...

Now I would like to say a special thanks to Deb for posting her thoughts on this situation.
I would like to apologize to her, and to anyone else, who have ever seen, or do see me, in a clique where I only post to certain people who are included in that clique.
That has never been my intention (or the situation) but I am very sorry if i've ever given that impression.

I also agree that more people could post in the serious parts of the forum as well as off topic.

Also, if nobody is posting but the three of us, and the three of us stop posting, who is left to post?
How many posts in off topic last night on threads but this>
Seems people are starting to fear being lablled post whores if they dare post in fun threads.

duke knooby 04 Apr 2008 19:32

just found out the thing i'm meant to be at tomorrow morning.. (the reason for not being out tonight) happened yesterday... oops