mlukfc.com Forums

mlukfc.com Forums (https://www.mlukfc.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic (https://www.mlukfc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Post your thoughts (https://www.mlukfc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4661)

~Helen~ 29 Jul 2008 16:46

Is anyone interested in knowing that currently, in my office (which has no opening windows) the temperature is now 29C? (84F) and I have only been out to rush to another office to help someone set up a meeting. My lunch 'break' (ha) has consisted of periodically coming on here for 1-2 minutes in lull periods. Too hot. Too hungry :(

(Edit - in case you'd not guessed, I'm in a particularly intolerant mood atm! Conveyancing clerks worrying me for no reason does nothing positive for my nerves, and neither does this HEAT!)

Betty 29 Jul 2008 16:47

We´re gonna watch Mamma Mia in cinema tonight.
Poor guy... I´ve forced him lol

Betty 29 Jul 2008 16:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~Helen~ (Post 425660)
Is anyone interested in knowing that currently, in my office (which has no opening windows) the temperature is now 29C? (84F) and I have only been out to rush to another office to help someone set up a meeting. My lunch 'break' (ha) has consisted of periodically coming on here for 1-2 minutes in lull periods. Too hot. Too hungry :(

(Edit - in case you'd not guessed, I'm in a particularly intolerant mood atm! Conveyancing clerks worrying me for no reason does nothing positive for my nerves, and neither does this HEAT!)

Hey luv

Chin up!!!!!

mszee 29 Jul 2008 16:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by Betty (Post 425661)
We´re gonna watch Mamma Mia in cinema tonight.
Poor guy... I´ve forced him lol

I enjoyed it...CLUE...stay PAST end credits...VERY important...the best part of the movie!!!

~Helen~ 29 Jul 2008 16:51

We've just hit 85F now (just between 29 & 30C) :melting:

mszee 29 Jul 2008 16:52

*Zina is wondering how UKers would fare where she is where normal temperature in the summer is never below 85 but for the most part is closer to a 100...*

~Helen~ 29 Jul 2008 16:52

Thanks Betty!

(and yes, I do have a thermometer in my office)

~Helen~ 29 Jul 2008 16:54

yes but zina...is it usually 85 degrees indoors, in a concealed room within a room, neither of which has opening windows? or do you as i suspect get air conditioning in countries with nice weather? as it's rarely warm in this country we're not allowed air con. we have some mobile aircon units but not allowed to use them in my office because there is no ventilation. i have a fan on, but all it's doing is stiring up the air which is warm. and my thermometer has just hit 30C

RadioMaster 29 Jul 2008 16:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by mszee (Post 425657)
RJ, it took 5 days for package and 6 business days for DVD...what is your handle over there? I don't see you???

Yeah, I think you can tag yourself but only if it's you...

keep on searching, choose a very obvious but clever username. ;)
hint: it starts with M

RadioMaster 29 Jul 2008 17:27

its incredibly hot......:drool:

think I'll go down to the shop and get myself a bucket of Ben & Jerry's.

mszee 29 Jul 2008 17:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~Helen~ (Post 425668)
yes but zina...is it usually 85 degrees indoors, in a concealed room within a room, neither of which has opening windows? or do you as i suspect get air conditioning in countries with nice weather? as it's rarely warm in this country we're not allowed air con. we have some mobile aircon units but not allowed to use them in my office because there is no ventilation. i have a fan on, but all it's doing is stiring up the air which is warm. and my thermometer has just hit 30C

We have air...which often breaks...LOL...and then we all suffocate...

mszee 29 Jul 2008 17:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by RadioMaster (Post 425669)
keep on searching, choose a very obvious but clever username. ;)
hint: it starts with M

Added you as a friend...just try to decline me...LOL...

Jonty probably will...:roll:

Jonty...surprise me???

~Helen~ 29 Jul 2008 20:18

In the end we decided to use the air con and just stick the vents thru to another room, and one out the front door. probably not how it's sposed to be done but it reduced the temperature to 25 degrees so we were happier.

Monstro 29 Jul 2008 21:11

Well, supposed to be a day off for hospital appointment til I got an early morning phone call, just got in from work now and this is why!!!!!!!....

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/standa...ire/article.do

angelica 29 Jul 2008 21:46

Why wo'nt my three children go to bed:shock:

Did take them to bed and did the story thing ... and now they're all up and driving me crackers!!! :roll:

Emma ... Harry (3) loves your avatar and keeps shouting It's TIGGER!!!!!! every time I scroll down.

Gotta go and sort these monsters out

RadioMaster 29 Jul 2008 22:01

i cant believe jonty finally cleaned out his pm box :yikes:

SamCat 29 Jul 2008 22:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by angelica (Post 425703)

Did take them to bed and did the story thing ... and now they're all up and driving me crackers!!! :roll:

Emma ... Harry (3) loves your avatar and keeps shouting It's TIGGER!!!!!! every time I scroll down.

Ah thank you i was gonna change it but i'll keep it now just for Harry!!

Good luck with the monsters lol!!

duke knooby 29 Jul 2008 22:27

nice of my manager to spring my annual review on me today, with only 5 weeks notice, shame i hadn't bothered preparing for it lol

mszee 29 Jul 2008 22:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by duke knooby (Post 425706)
nice of my manager to spring my annual review on me today, with only 5 weeks notice, shame i hadn't bothered preparing for it lol

As long as you've gotten the raise...

mszee 29 Jul 2008 22:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by angelica (Post 425703)

Have a deep body of water nearby???

angelica 29 Jul 2008 22:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by SamCat (Post 425705)
Ah thank you i was gonna change it but i'll keep it now just for Harry!!

LOL! I'll tell him in the morning!

Finally got them to bed ... hopefully ... for how long though I don't know!!!

angelica 29 Jul 2008 22:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by mszee (Post 425710)
Have a deep body of water nearby???

Zina!!!! LOL!

RadioMaster 29 Jul 2008 22:53

after what I just did, Michael will probably never let me sleep in his frontroom again.....

duke knooby 29 Jul 2008 22:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~Helen~ (Post 425660)
Is anyone interested in knowing that currently, in my office (which has no opening windows) the temperature is now 29C? (84F)

is that all?? was 28.5 at 8am, got to 31... far too feckin hot... feckin broken aircon

angelica 29 Jul 2008 23:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by RadioMaster (Post 425720)
after what I just did, Michael will probably never let me sleep in his frontroom again.....

What have you done????