mlukfc.com Forums

mlukfc.com Forums (https://www.mlukfc.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic (https://www.mlukfc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Post your thoughts (https://www.mlukfc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4661)

24K 28 Aug 2008 19:22

LOL...

RadioMaster 28 Aug 2008 19:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~Helen~ (Post 434000)
Is that because the automatic squiggle censor doesn't remove it? ;)

that's one of the reasons :D

Hypnobabe 28 Aug 2008 21:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~Helen~ (Post 433860)
I have a doorbell at work which sometimes rings for no reason (i.e. there is no one at the door...and I KNOW there's no one at the door because it's that mirrored glass stuff so I can see them but they can't see me). Usually, it goes ding-dong. But on occasion, between 5 & 6pm, I get twinkle twinkle little star and a few other tunes.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~Helen~ (Post 433975)
As it's the work doorbell I don't care if it rings all night. Sadly it's not a plug-in-able one, but runs off batteries...trouble is, it doesn't ALWAYS ring when someone IS at the door...and taking the batteries out would ensure it never rang when someone was at the door and this would require constantly checking for people at the door. You see my predicament?

Post Script...the doorbell ordinarily goes "ding dong". Sometimes when it rings for no reason it does go ding dong. but usually when ringing for no reason, it plays tunes. But I have no function for picking type of ring, I can only control the volume. So explain that one to me...

Is it, by any chance, a wireless doorbell? I have one, and so does my next door neighbour. They run off the same frequency, and because the houses are relatively close, my receiver picks up their button, if you know what I mean. Luckily, we've worked it out, and we have different rings anyway, so if it goes with a two tone ring, we know it's our door, but if it goes with a four tone ring, we know it's next door and don't bother getting up. Hubby assures me there is a way of changing the frequency in the bell part (as opposed to the button part, before you lot start... :roll: )...

Siobhan 28 Aug 2008 22:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hypnobabe (Post 434046)
Is it, by any chance, a wireless doorbell? I have one, and so does my next door neighbour. They run off the same frequency, and because the houses are relatively close, my receiver picks up their button, if you know what I mean. Luckily, we've worked it out, and we have different rings anyway, so if it goes with a two tone ring, we know it's our door, but if it goes with a four tone ring, we know it's next door and don't bother getting up. Hubby assures me there is a way of changing the frequency in the bell part (as opposed to the button part, before you lot start... :roll: )...

other things that make them go off is people unlocking their cars with the zapper thingies but I dont know if you can do anything about that

AndrewG 28 Aug 2008 22:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by SOC2292 (Post 434048)
other things that make them go off is people unlocking their cars with the zapper thingies but I dont know if you can do anything about that

Yeah very good point. That used to happen to me a lot. I thought kids were messing around at 7am in the morning then I was up early one morning, saw my neighbour walk to his car and next thing I know my doorbell goes off. :D On mine I was able to change the channel (16 combinations or so) and never had the problem since.

AndrewG 28 Aug 2008 22:12

The Gary Glittery thing sounds scary Siobhan. Though I think there might be some :kickass: going on over in your neck of the woods I reckon.

Bap 28 Aug 2008 22:20

Stuff is now sorted!!! Hehe talked to housemate moving back to Bath in Feb! Woop Woop!!! :D :D :D But no mention on facebook anyone cause work won't get to know til Jan ;) :P lol

Siobhan 28 Aug 2008 22:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by AndrewG (Post 434050)
The Gary Glittery thing sounds scary Siobhan. Though I think there might be some :kickass: going on over in your neck of the woods I reckon.

yeh, its a pretty tranquil little village I live in but someones put up a sign at the roundabout saying 'watch out Gary Glitters about' lol

AndrewG 28 Aug 2008 22:34

:lmao:

mszee 29 Aug 2008 00:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bap (Post 434052)
Stuff is now sorted!!! Hehe talked to housemate moving back to Bath in Feb! Woop Woop!!! :D :D :D But no mention on facebook anyone cause work won't get to know til Jan ;) :P lol

Good job!!! Congrats!!! Hope you'll stop pining now...

facebook = :silence:

duke knooby 29 Aug 2008 00:18

knackered, pished, bored

mszee 29 Aug 2008 00:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by duke knooby (Post 434060)
knackered, pished, bored

same here except for middle part...

2 out of 3 is bad enough...:(

Battybarb 29 Aug 2008 00:26

Feeling very old..first borns birthday tomorrow and she is 30...where do the years go ?????

http://media.mlxxfc.net/008.JPG

duke knooby 29 Aug 2008 00:33

that was a mistake... shouldn'y ave done that

Battybarb 29 Aug 2008 00:38

Shouldnt have done what????????

Lord Kagan 29 Aug 2008 00:38

my livers fecked... poor

Battybarb 29 Aug 2008 00:40

very poor................................

Lord Kagan 29 Aug 2008 00:51

meh, who needs one

Battybarb 29 Aug 2008 00:53

could have it fried with onions...

mszee 29 Aug 2008 00:53

Apologies to all who received unexpected and weird hugs from me...I didn't do it...facebook malfunction!!!

mszee 29 Aug 2008 00:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lord Kagan (Post 434067)
my livers fecked... poor

Poor...

MeatGrl1 29 Aug 2008 01:03

Feckin' knackered :zzz: !

Lord Kagan 29 Aug 2008 01:10

its really not right to feel this bad after 1 drink

mszee 29 Aug 2008 01:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lord Kagan (Post 434082)
its really not right to feel this bad after 1 drink

Well, if it's hydrochloric acid.......

Battybarb 29 Aug 2008 02:06

PMSL....