mlukfc.com Forums

mlukfc.com Forums (https://www.mlukfc.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic (https://www.mlukfc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Post your thoughts (https://www.mlukfc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4661)

SW31 30 Aug 2008 21:05

what a lot to catch up on

SamCat 30 Aug 2008 21:25

Well I made it through the day I'm so tired i ache all over!! But i'm now sitting eating pizza with a glass of wine and i feel a bit better but i dont think i'll be online very late tonight lol!!

Lord Kagan 30 Aug 2008 23:51

after a few glasses thatll change

Lord Kagan 31 Aug 2008 00:14

need sleep... feck

MeatGrl1 31 Aug 2008 00:29

I feel that the open day went well and has inspired me to persue my dream (well one of them, my biggest and longest has been to go to Graceland but that is another thing altogether :lol: ) and work with animals, the nice male nurse that mum and I spoke to let me know of a course that we certainly haven't heard of before called the ANA course which has currently escaped me now but it allows me to work and get paid and go to colleage once a week and that seems feesable. Also I need to look over my colleage stuff because in that I have certain things that would be of interest for this line of work, I have washed and bathed a cat, as I remember it didn't like it but it's a skill I can add, I have mucked out an avery and cleaned kennals and all this I need to jot down and with help need to present this in a letter which I can give into vets.
So all in all I feel it was a very good day and another thing he said is that I shouldn't let anyone tell me that I need to have qualifications because I don't, and yes GCSE's came at really the wrong time for me so I don't have good grades. But I feel like there is a whole new world there now :)).

duke knooby 31 Aug 2008 01:27

laptop speakers are shite, and the keys are in different places...
but its feckin fast compared to the borrowed one

duke knooby 31 Aug 2008 01:50

how the hell do ya switch it off????
on off switch aint on/off

angelica 31 Aug 2008 01:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by duke knooby (Post 434784)
how the hell do ya switch it off????
on off switch aint on/off

switch what off your lap top????

duke knooby 31 Aug 2008 01:57

yeah yeah.. feckin vista.. things don't do what they did do

angelica 31 Aug 2008 02:00

oh ... right

~Helen~ 31 Aug 2008 02:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by MeatGrl1 (Post 434772)
I feel that the open day went well and has inspired me to persue my dream (well one of them, my biggest and longest has been to go to Graceland but that is another thing altogether :lol: ) and work with animals, the nice male nurse that mum and I spoke to let me know of a course that we certainly haven't heard of before called the ANA course which has currently escaped me now but it allows me to work and get paid and go to colleage once a week and that seems feesable. Also I need to look over my colleage stuff because in that I have certain things that would be of interest for this line of work, I have washed and bathed a cat, as I remember it didn't like it but it's a skill I can add, I have mucked out an avery and cleaned kennals and all this I need to jot down and with help need to present this in a letter which I can give into vets.
So all in all I feel it was a very good day and another thing he said is that I shouldn't let anyone tell me that I need to have qualifications because I don't, and yes GCSE's came at really the wrong time for me so I don't have good grades. But I feel like there is a whole new world there now :)).

Very very best of luck to you hon! I really hope it works out for you - the course / work thing sounds like a really good idea! :up:

Quote:

Originally Posted by duke knooby (Post 434786)
yeah yeah.. feckin vista.. things don't do what they did do

Off button is via start (round windows thingy, bottom left) and then the arrow / triangle next to the padlock picture, bottom right of the menu. Vista does take a bit of getting used to, and if you're used to XP you might hate it. But if it's replacing Windows 98 for you, it's a dream. All a matter of perspective ;)

angelica 31 Aug 2008 02:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~Helen~ (Post 434789)

Off button is via start (round windows thingy, bottom left) and then the arrow / triangle next to the padlock picture, bottom right of the menu. Vista does take a bit of getting used to, and if you're used to XP you might hate it. But if it's replacing Windows 98 for you, it's a dream. All a matter of perspective ;)

Helen that sounds very technical!:?

duke knooby 31 Aug 2008 02:06

Off button is via start (round windows thingy, bottom left) and then the arrow / triangle next to the padlock picture, bottom right of the menu. Vista does take a bit of getting used to, and if you're used to XP you might hate it. But if it's replacing Windows 98 for you, it's a dream. All a matter of perspective ;)[/QUOTE]

excellent, cheers... used to xp lol
all the ballocks down the right hand side of the screen has been got rid off already... infact, virtually everything has been got rid off lol 4 icons on the desk top

~Helen~ 31 Aug 2008 02:07

only coz when i first got vista, everytime i clicked on what i thought was the off button, the damn thing restarted!!

~Helen~ 31 Aug 2008 02:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by duke knooby (Post 434793)
excellent, cheers... used to xp lol
all the ballocks down the right hand side of the screen has been got rid off already... infact, virtually everything has been got rid off lol 4 icons on the desk top

I quite like the weather gadget on the right hand side, and I kept the note pad too, it's useful for leaving myself reminders!

duke knooby 31 Aug 2008 02:20

i quite like it runs on this one... bless my poor old borrowed pc, it served me well for 18 months

duke knooby 31 Aug 2008 02:39

thats messenger back

Betty 31 Aug 2008 02:42

oh dear, what a night, what a party....

duke knooby 31 Aug 2008 02:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by Betty (Post 434798)
oh dear, what a night, what a party....

oh right

Betty 31 Aug 2008 04:08

I´m really enjoying this

duke knooby 31 Aug 2008 05:20

you should go to bed emma, you don't wanna miss michael balls sunday brunch

MeatGrl1 31 Aug 2008 05:32

Why the feck am I still up :shock: ?!

Not going the right way about getting up for MB at 11 at this rate :shock::shock::shock::shock: !!

OK going to drink this tea then go !!

:lol: !

SamCat 31 Aug 2008 11:28

Wow 10 and a half hours sleep i think i needed that lol!!

AndrewG 31 Aug 2008 11:34

Try 4 hours. Lol. I was on such a high after that tribute gig that I just had to right about it straight away. Didn't get to sleep till 5.30am. :D

SamCat 31 Aug 2008 11:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by AndrewG (Post 434820)
Try 4 hours. Lol. I was on such a high after that tribute gig that I just had to right about it straight away. Didn't get to sleep till 5.30am. :D

Thats how much sleep i got before and after the Excel gig lol!! Do you have to work today?