mlukfc.com Forums

mlukfc.com Forums (https://www.mlukfc.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic (https://www.mlukfc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Post your thoughts (https://www.mlukfc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4661)

~Helen~ 08 Sep 2008 00:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by Betty (Post 436250)
canīt wait to be honest... love nickelback to bits and always wanted to see them live someday:D
Cheers!!!

Hey I'm seeing them a week tomorrow - birthday treat from friends - so I hope they're good! Let me know what they're like live! :D Hope you enjoy!

duke knooby 08 Sep 2008 00:14

that was a gorgeous pizza

duke knooby 08 Sep 2008 00:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by Betty (Post 436313)
ya gonna meet me at the airport?

which one and when?

duke knooby 08 Sep 2008 00:17

time for bed i reckon... not even pished lol

Betty 08 Sep 2008 00:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~Helen~ (Post 436314)
Hey I'm seeing them a week tomorrow - birthday treat from friends - so I hope they're good! Let me know what they're like live! :D Hope you enjoy!

I will hon ;)
And thanks a lot!

Quote:

Originally Posted by duke knooby (Post 436319)
which one and when?

Belfast City...09:30am your time :p

MissAsh 08 Sep 2008 00:23

Hope you have a great time Betty! Nickelback are fantastic live, saw them in 2004 and I'm flying down to London to see them again in a fortnight :mrgreen:

mszee 08 Sep 2008 01:55

Have a good trip, Betty...enjoy yourself!

xx

SW31 08 Sep 2008 02:19

why do people keep telling me its only 4 pay checks to christmas

mszee 08 Sep 2008 02:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by SW31 (Post 436337)
why do people keep telling me its only 4 pay checks to christmas

Well...if they get paid once a month...then it's actually 3...

MissAsh 08 Sep 2008 02:23

Or if you get paid weekly, 15 (I think)

mszee 08 Sep 2008 02:24

OK...I was just offered to play dot game with this...

http://media.mlxxfc.net/n703102336_4074.jpg

You think???

mszee 08 Sep 2008 02:28

Another one...

"One of your friends has a secret crush on you...click here to find out who..."

Better yet...can I smoke what you've smoked today??? Then maybe I'll click on THAT...

mszee 08 Sep 2008 02:57

Officials: Burglar wakes men with spice rub, sausage whack

FRESNO, California (AP) -- Authorities say they've arrested a man who broke into the home of two California farmworkers, stole money, rubbed one with spices and whacked the other with a sausage before fleeing.

Fresno County sheriff's Lt. Ian Burrimond says 22-year-old Antonio Vasquez was found hiding in a field wearing only a T-shirt, boxers and socks after the Saturday morning attack.

He says deputies arrested Vasquez after finding a wallet containing his ID in the ransacked house.

The farmworkers told deputies the suspect woke them Saturday morning by rubbing spices on one of them and smacking the other with an 8-inch sausage.

Burrimond says money allegedly stolen was recovered.

:wtf:

:lmao:

SW31 08 Sep 2008 10:32

must get this assignment finished

~Helen~ 08 Sep 2008 13:32

I'm an idiot. and absolute stupid idiot. why is it NOT possible to UNinvite persons from an event on facebook? and how can I suggest somebody may not want to come (because they're not my favourite person atm and will ruin the event for me) without irritating that person further or causing further problems between us. argh! stupid stupid inviting them in the first place. but it was a gesture of friendship, but the friendship just got worse. so ARGH.

but anyways, aside of that we have a temp today. So far she's asked me how to spell 'wardens', 'security', 'swearing' (in reference to a customer reporting youths causing annoyance, in case you think that's a strange word to be using at work!) amongst several others, and has already informed me she can't spell (you think?!) or type very well, and that she types very slowely. Argh!

mszee 08 Sep 2008 14:03

That reminds me of a story...dunno if it's true...

There was apparently this company called Joseph Fine Co. They got a temp customer service telephone operator. On the first call she didn't know how to address the caller so instead of saying Joseph Fine Co., she said...Hello. So the person on the other end tried to confirm that this is Joseph Fine Co. and said...is this Joseph Fine??? The operator put him on hold and asked around...do we have Joseph Fine working here...to which hurried manager answered hastily...are you kidding? Joseph Fine is dead.

Operator got back on the phone and told customer...I am very sorry to inform you, sir, but Joseph Fine passed away...

LOL...

MeatGrl1 08 Sep 2008 14:43

I really need to get my arse into gear.

Need to find a coat/jacket before Thursday.

Also got my copy of 'On The Ball' this morning :cool:.
So far I've just skimmed through it and looked at the gorgeous pictures and read Michael's note and it's evident he loves being in Hairspray and enjoyed his concerts :heart:.

Anyway sure you don't care about that as much as I do but it's my thoughts after all LOL.

Now I really should be getting a move on...

Bye for now

:)).

~Helen~ 08 Sep 2008 14:49

hehe thanks zina! made me chuckle!

mszee 08 Sep 2008 14:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~Helen~ (Post 436379)
hehe thanks zina! made me chuckle!

Now that I think of it, it actually is probably true...this was told to me by my co-worker and I just remembered that he used to work for the company named something like that...

RadioMaster 08 Sep 2008 17:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~Helen~ (Post 436357)
I'm an idiot. and absolute stupid idiot. why is it NOT possible to UNinvite persons from an event on facebook? and how can I suggest somebody may not want to come (because they're not my favourite person atm and will ruin the event for me) without irritating that person further or causing further problems between us. argh! stupid stupid inviting them in the first place. but it was a gesture of friendship, but the friendship just got worse. so ARGH.

It's ok, I can take a hint

Battybarb 08 Sep 2008 17:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~Helen~ (Post 436357)

but anyways, aside of that we have a temp today. So far she's asked me how to spell 'wardens', 'security', 'swearing' (in reference to a customer reporting youths causing annoyance, in case you think that's a strange word to be using at work!) amongst several others, and has already informed me she can't spell (you think?!) or type very well, and that she types very slowely. Argh!

So why is she doing that sort of temping...lol..sounds like more stress for you..bet you cant wait for today to be over...

Battybarb 08 Sep 2008 17:37

A few months ago at my daughter Sam"s firm they emplyed a new receptionist..she had a real attitude problem ,she would not answer the phone and she sat on the reception desk making plastercine animals....Sam got so sick of doing her job for her,she went to reception to tell her of it,after giving her a very polite dressing down the girl replied by asking Sam if she liked the animals she had just made sitting all along the desk,Sam replied by squashing the lot of them...lol...the girl is no longer there and they now have a very good receptionist..

RadioMaster 08 Sep 2008 17:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by Battybarb (Post 436391)
A few months ago at my daughter Sam"s firm they emplyed a new receptionist..she had a real attitude problem ,she would not answer the phone and she sat on the reception desk making plastercine animals....Sam got so sick of doing her job for her,she went to reception to tell her of it,after giving her a very polite dressing down the girl replied by asking Sam if she liked the animals she had just made sitting all along the desk,Sam replied by squashing the lot of them...lol...the girl is no longer there and they now have a very good receptionist..

sounds like fun

Battybarb 08 Sep 2008 17:41

Not really ,the animals were not that good...lol

RadioMaster 08 Sep 2008 17:48

I dont know, I would have liked the squashing bit