mlukfc.com Forums

mlukfc.com Forums (https://www.mlukfc.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic (https://www.mlukfc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Post your thoughts (https://www.mlukfc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4661)

Betty 17 Sep 2008 18:53

:lol:
at least it runs in the family :p

24K 17 Sep 2008 22:36

Very happy for M and Anji:))

mszee 17 Sep 2008 22:47

My head is spinning...all I want to do is to go home...but now I am stuck here...oh well...

samurai7 17 Sep 2008 23:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by Betty (Post 437908)
:lol:
at least it runs in the family :p

yes, it was handed down through generations :p

Lord Kagan 18 Sep 2008 00:02

fix me in my time of need

Cathie 18 Sep 2008 02:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by SamCat (Post 437776)
Have you tried those cold patches you put on When i used to get migraines i used to put a wet flannel in the freezer and put it on the nape of my neck and then my forehead it helps with the blood flow apparently!!

Ta hun, I'll try that. Any other remedies, people, send 'em my way lol.

Scuse the whinging yesterday, was just very frustrated!

Am grinning so much from the pictures of Jasmine! :D

mszee 18 Sep 2008 04:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cathie (Post 438074)
Ta hun, I'll try that. Any other remedies, people, send 'em my way lol.

Scuse the whinging yesterday, was just very frustrated!

We have very popular now in America all kinds of unconventional medicine: homeopathic, acupuncture, etc. People swear by this stuff...worth a try? Don't think it can hurt? Maybe won't help...but certainly won't hurt?

~Helen~ 18 Sep 2008 14:11

Highly amused by the conversation my colleague is having with a member of the public who objects to the fact that he (and the rest of the borough) is not permitted to drop cigarette ends on the floor!! :shock:

AndyK 18 Sep 2008 14:15

Correct sized new tyres arrived this morning. 200 miles to go and then they can be properly tested :twisted:

mszee 18 Sep 2008 15:21

If you're told that you're not entitled to certain tax rebate...you don't file for it, right? Why then you get a letter saying...we have records that you have never filed for this rebate...file immediately...so you go and file...and a few weeks later you get a letter that you're not entitled to it...

Is that where my tax money goes to? To make me do what I shouldn't have done in the first place and then tell me something I've already known???

MissAsh 18 Sep 2008 15:28

:bicker: Don't you just love it when plans go completely and utterly down the drain?

Monstro 18 Sep 2008 15:46

At least it's not raining

AndyK 18 Sep 2008 15:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by mszee (Post 438111)

Is that where my tax money goes to? To make me do what I shouldn't have done in the first place and then tell me something I've already known???

That's where half of them go .. .the other half go to baling out the banks when they get into financial trouble because they can't manage their own money!

mszee 18 Sep 2008 16:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by AndyK (Post 438117)
That's where half of them go .. .the other half go to baling out the banks when they get into financial trouble because they can't manage their own money!

Ahhh...well...if those institutions go out of business...it would create GLOBAL problems, including unemployment...so...guess it is more justified than futzking around with individuals who actually know what they are doing...it was so stupid - this rebate story - it's just unparallel...

AndyK 18 Sep 2008 16:04

You think the problems aren't coming anyway?

mszee 18 Sep 2008 16:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by AndyK (Post 438119)
You think the problems aren't coming anyway?

No, I think they are already here but just getting worse and worse...

~Helen~ 18 Sep 2008 18:10

I hate emotions. I am writing this as notice that henceforth I would like to remain devoid of all emotions - in particular, anything relating to love & hurt (which effectively are the same thing in my world)

~Helen~ 18 Sep 2008 18:11

aren't the halifax in a bit of trouble atm? i'm sure i saw that on the new y'day...amongst other banks.

i'm not in this position, but if a bank you've borrowed money from goes bankrupt, do you therefore still have to repay the money? or if it's borrowed against your house, do the administrators therefore come and repossess your house on the basis that it belongs to the bank, which owes money???

mszee 18 Sep 2008 18:32

My guess would be that the bank in trouble will try to sell loans/mortgages.

samurai7 18 Sep 2008 18:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~Helen~ (Post 438128)
aren't the halifax in a bit of trouble atm? i'm sure i saw that on the new y'day...amongst other banks.

i'm not in this position, but if a bank you've borrowed money from goes bankrupt, do you therefore still have to repay the money? or if it's borrowed against your house, do the administrators therefore come and repossess your house on the basis that it belongs to the bank, which owes money???

Lloyds TSB are to take over Royal Bank of Scotland, which owns Halifax, from what I heard today.

AndrewG 18 Sep 2008 18:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by samurai7 (Post 438135)
Lloyds TSB are to take over Royal Bank of Scotland, which owns Halifax, from what I heard today.

Not quite. They have bought HBOS, which owns Halifax and Bank of Scotland. Royal Bank of Scotland is a separate, much larger beast.

Wouldn't worry Helen. It's all a load of stuff the little man can't do anything about. However even if a Bank goes tits up like Northern Rock the Government would help out as otherwise they'd have a revolution on their hands. My friend has a Northern Rock mortgage and no probs. Halifax is much more secure than Northern Rock anyway, even if it hadn't been taken over.

samurai7 18 Sep 2008 19:02

ah, my mistake. Mind you, I'm surprised I was even that close - spent most of today dosed up to the gills with flu medicine :oops:

really hope tonight's show is okay. Had to cancel last night, which I hated even more than being ill :(

samurai7 18 Sep 2008 19:04

oh, and to make matters worse, just found out that the booking agent for this Sat's show in Port Talbot has made a big mistake, and they're expecting me on the 27th instead of the 20th :shock:

I was keeping the 27th free to celebrate my 30th, now I'll have to work. Mind you, it does make this week a tad easier.

Battybarb 18 Sep 2008 19:15

you gotta work on your birthday..not good..

The Flying Mouse 18 Sep 2008 20:43

:twisted: Well, that was fun, for a funeral.

A good turn out, lots of beer, and lots of singing (led by who knows? :roll: :mrgreen: )

God love you Johnny.See you later :up: