mlukfc.com Forums

mlukfc.com Forums (https://www.mlukfc.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic (https://www.mlukfc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Post your thoughts (https://www.mlukfc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4661)

Monstro 29 Oct 2008 20:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by AndyK (Post 444150)
:bicker: bloody MSN!

That was when I appreciated the uninstall button, never to be reinstalled

mszee 29 Oct 2008 20:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by Monstro (Post 444152)
That was when I appreciated the uninstall button, never to be reinstalled

Actually, if you ever decide that you want to use MSN, you don't ever have to install it. Windows have messenger built in to the software - it's called Windows Messenger - and it works with MSN...that's what I use if I ever need MSN.

SamCat 29 Oct 2008 22:23

OMG David Tennant just quit as Dr Who after the next 4 specials!!

AndyK 29 Oct 2008 22:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by SamCat (Post 444165)
OMG David Tennant just quit as Dr Who after the next 4 specials!!

Has Micheal filled in his application form to be the next Doctor?

Although he'd be a better Doctor Way Aye than a Doctor Who :))

Monstro 29 Oct 2008 22:50

Only if they brought back wor Billy

SamCat 29 Oct 2008 23:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by Betty (Post 444132)
Yippeeee, yippeeeee, off to the big funfair in Bremen now :cheer: !!!

Emma, the water rollercoaster won´t be the same without you :D;) !!!!!!!!!!!!

Mainly because there wont be someone sitting opposite you going "Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh" and thats without the swearing that punctuated the screaming lol!!

But have fun hon lol!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by mszee (Post 444133)
I thought Em doesn't do rollercoasters? She already said no thanks to Eye of London or whatever that big thing is called...

No i dont do rollercoasters but i was persuaded to go on this water ride last year which even Betty said afterwards was very scary!! I wanted to go on another scary ride afterwards but she chickened out lol!!

mszee 29 Oct 2008 23:07

I don't do rollercoasters...mainly because I try to get off at the highest point just before it's about to go down...LOL...

SamCat 29 Oct 2008 23:16

Definately not letting you go on the London Eye then LOL!!

mszee 29 Oct 2008 23:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by SamCat (Post 444177)
Definately not letting you go on the London Eye then LOL!!

I don't know...from the pictures it looks almost like hanging rooms or something...with big windows...

MeatGrl1 30 Oct 2008 00:53

I think it'll take awhile before I get over this....

:shock: :yikes: :lmao: !!!!!!!!!!!

Am tired should go to bed soon as I have an appointment at 9.20AM.. YUCK :? !

MissAsh 30 Oct 2008 01:10

The London Eye is awesome! I'm terrified of heights and most fairground rides but went on the Eye around sunset last month and loved it so much I almost went on again :D

angelica 30 Oct 2008 01:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by MissAsh (Post 444222)
The London Eye is awesome! I'm terrified of heights and most fairground rides but went on the Eye around sunset last month and loved it so much I almost went on again :D

I have to disagree ... sorry! I hate heights too but because all my family went on a couple of years ago I agreed I'd try it and boy i wish I HAD'NT! It was scary .. hated it and never will go on again! Ever:!:
But my family disagree they love it lol!

mszee 30 Oct 2008 02:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by MissAsh (Post 444222)

Is it really then enclosed on all sides as shown in the pictures?

mszee 30 Oct 2008 02:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by angelica (Post 444223)
I have to disagree ... sorry! I hate heights too but because all my family went on a couple of years ago I agreed I'd try it and boy i wish I HAD'NT! It was scary .. hated it and never will go on again! Ever:!:
But my family disagree they love it lol!

Ouch...I need a third opinion...LOL...

MissAsh 30 Oct 2008 02:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by mszee (Post 444226)
Is it really then enclosed on all sides as shown in the pictures?

Yup. To give an idea of what it's like up there, I took a photo of the pod in front of us when I was at the top -

http://c3.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/i...143b7be882.jpg

AndrewG 30 Oct 2008 02:45

Ash that's a great photo. :))
Never been up there myself though have done one of those 3 hour bus tours which is pretty good value for money if you want to see many sights in a short space of time.

It's so clear that photo, it almost looks as if you were standing on top of the pod. :-P

mszee 30 Oct 2008 02:47

Thank you very much for the picture! That's the kind of picture I've seen online...

Angie, the thing appears to be enclosed...what scared you? I am really really afraid of heights and of that type motion...so...with me it's a real concern...but this doesn't look like a rollercoaster at all?

MissAsh 30 Oct 2008 02:52

Thanks Andrew, think it's the only photo I took where you can't see any fingerprints or smudges on the glass!

It's a 30 minute ride, goes really slowly and because you're so distracted by the scenery (especially on a really clear day) you barely notice the movement. I was sure I was going to be hugging the floor and begging to be put down on the ground again but it was totally the opposite. Think I'm going to go on it quite late next time as I'd love to see London all lit up.

AndrewG 30 Oct 2008 02:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by MissAsh (Post 444239)
Think I'm going to go on it quite late next time as I'd love to see London all lit up.

That would be lovely to see I reckon. But it's pretty much pitch black here south at 6pm these days so it doesn't need to be too late. ;-)

mszee 30 Oct 2008 03:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by MissAsh (Post 444239)
Thanks Andrew, think it's the only photo I took where you can't see any fingerprints or smudges on the glass!

It's a 30 minute ride, goes really slowly and because you're so distracted by the scenery (especially on a really clear day) you barely notice the movement. I was sure I was going to be hugging the floor and begging to be put down on the ground again but it was totally the opposite. Think I'm going to go on it quite late next time as I'd love to see London all lit up.

Would you ordinarily be afraid of rollercoasters and such?

MissAsh 30 Oct 2008 03:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by AndrewG (Post 444240)
That would be lovely to see I reckon. But it's pretty much pitch black here south at 6pm these days so it doesn't need to be too late. ;-)

Unfortunately it'll probably be late spring/early summer before I'm back in London so it'll be getting dark a fair bit later then... not that I'm complaining, more daylight hours to explore the city = more fun for me!

Quote:

Originally Posted by mszee (Post 444243)
Would you ordinarily be afraid of rollercoasters and such?

Very much so. I went to a theme park for a friend's birthday a few years ago and spent pretty much all day standing around playing slot/grab machines or reading my book as I was too scared to go on the rides myself, nothing's changed since then!

mszee 30 Oct 2008 03:32

Thank you for your support...I probably will do it...just because...while in Rome...

MeatGrl1 30 Oct 2008 08:41

Good ol' Nightol !!

That was a good sleep :cool:.

Don't usually do this time in the morning if I can help it :shock: :shock: :shock: !!

Betty 30 Oct 2008 19:06

Yippeee, I just bought tickets for a P!NK concert in Germany next year :mrgreen:
Yippeeeeeee, I got a brilliant email from my boss today :weee:
Yippeeeeeeeeeee, according to the weather forecast we should have snow tomorrow :cheer:

RadioMaster 30 Oct 2008 19:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by Betty (Post 444317)
Yippeeeeeeeeeee, according to the weather forecast we should have snow tomorrow :cheer:

according to my parents they had A LOT of snow in my hometown this morning.