mlukfc.com Forums

mlukfc.com Forums (https://www.mlukfc.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic (https://www.mlukfc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Post your thoughts (https://www.mlukfc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4661)

Betty 12 Jan 2009 23:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hypnobabe (Post 453493)
Don't make any sudden moves or loud noises, but I think I've done it....

Need to do a final read through, see if I've actually answered the question, but I think I'm about done, hooray!!!

Thatīs good news hon!! :up:

duke knooby 12 Jan 2009 23:54

have you ever got a text message which makes no sense, from a number you don't recognise.. but it rings a bell????

i have!!

Betty 12 Jan 2009 23:55

I havent

duke knooby 13 Jan 2009 00:10

the invbisible birdman rocks!!!!!

duke knooby 13 Jan 2009 00:12

more infractions should disappear tomorrow :D

~Helen~ 13 Jan 2009 00:15

well done to claire :-) am sure it's a huge relief...essay/assignment-writing days are a not-distant enough nightmare ;-) all be worth it in t'end though :-)

Hypnobabe 13 Jan 2009 00:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by Betty (Post 453509)
Thatīs good news hon!! :up:

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~Helen~ (Post 453518)
well done to claire :-) am sure it's a huge relief...essay/assignment-writing days are a not-distant enough nightmare ;-) all be worth it in t'end though :-)

Ta very much! Gotta start worrying about the next one now, which is a 60 minute memory feat under exam conditions... Basically do the studying, write an essay, try to remember what you've written and regurgitate it during a tutorial in 5 weeks or so... :roll:

duke knooby 13 Jan 2009 00:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hypnobabe (Post 453523)
Ta very much! Gotta start worrying about the next one now, which is a 60 minute memory feat under exam conditions... Basically do the studying, write an essay, try to remember what you've written and regurgitate it during a tutorial in 5 weeks or so... :roll:

have you ever used a dictophone????

mszee 13 Jan 2009 00:56

Good luck, Claire!!!

mszee 13 Jan 2009 00:58

I am going through the strangest experience of my life...as I've mentioned before, I've found my best friend since childhood who I've lost touch with many years ago...and so we're writing each other...and everything I've thought or felt is being turned upside down...most of my childhood/teen perceptions were all wrong...and...I wish I knew then what I know now...

mszee 13 Jan 2009 01:01

I was just looking at the comment I've received on my status on the facebook...obviously, otherwise I never look at my profile...but it says there that there are 2 days to go till Christmas...ummm...Christmas WHERE???

~Helen~ 13 Jan 2009 11:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hypnobabe (Post 453523)

My cousin (who is now 44) in his school days, decided the only way to get through an exam was to cheat. So he bought a new pack of Bic Biros and taking advantage of them having 6 sides, sat down with a pair of compasses to 'engrave' onto the side of them, any information he thought he may forget (apparently if you buy different coloured bic biros you can even have a reference system....just don't agree to loan the teacher your pen!).

Turned up on exam day ... discovered he had forgotten the pens!

However, he'd spent so long painstakingly engraving the information, he'd remembered it. And passed.

allrevvedup 13 Jan 2009 11:21

I knew I was supposed to have a memory test....forgot all about it though

Which is why i am always interested in the small newspaper ads for the events that advertise "I can improve your memory, come to my seminar on Thursday 8pm etc"

Now if you have memory problems, you are hardly going to remember this are you?

MeatGrl1 13 Jan 2009 13:25

3 hours of boring computer stuff :yawn: !!

~Helen~ 13 Jan 2009 14:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by mszee (Post 453528)
I am going through the strangest experience of my life...as I've mentioned before, I've found my best friend since childhood who I've lost touch with many years ago...and so we're writing each other...and everything I've thought or felt is being turned upside down...most of my childhood/teen perceptions were all wrong...and...I wish I knew then what I know now...

Zina. Not sure what you are talking about, but, are you ok?

~Helen~ 13 Jan 2009 14:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by MeatGrl1 (Post 453573)
3 hours of boring computer stuff :yawn: !!

aah was that this morning's induction thingy? other than boring, how was it?

MeatGrl1 13 Jan 2009 14:22

It was OK, stuck in a tiny room, freezing cold and trying to concentrait solidly to what was written on the screen in front of me and did a few quiz things though I will and have not remembered it as I have never been someone to take written things in, I'm much better hands on and learning as I do it !!

Saturday I get a till number so looks like I'll get to be on shop floor and a bit warmer :cool: !!

mszee 13 Jan 2009 14:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~Helen~ (Post 453583)
Zina. Not sure what you are talking about, but, are you ok?

I am ok...and I am just saying that as you grow older...you realize what things were really like back then...and what was important in your teens and twenties is laughable later on...

~Helen~ 13 Jan 2009 15:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by mszee (Post 453587)
I am ok...and I am just saying that as you grow older...you realize what things were really like back then...and what was important in your teens and twenties is laughable later on...

yet at the time some things seemed so difficult to deal with...hindsight would be a wonderful thing!

~Helen~ 13 Jan 2009 15:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by MeatGrl1 (Post 453586)
It was OK, stuck in a tiny room, freezing cold and trying to concentrait solidly to what was written on the screen in front of me and did a few quiz things though I will and have not remembered it as I have never been someone to take written things in, I'm much better hands on and learning as I do it !!

Saturday I get a till number so looks like I'll get to be on shop floor and a bit warmer :cool: !!

I can't imagine you NEED to know most of that. I remember a half day's induction for a high street clothing store...and I think barely any of it was relevant to the actual job. Just seemed to be standard corporate stuff they had to show us.

Hope it goes well on Saturday - shop floor should be more interesting...plus you get the variety of entertainment that is customers! :twisted:

Monstro 13 Jan 2009 15:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by MeatGrl1 (Post 453454)
Well I went.....

Came away with the job :cheer: :yay: !!!!!!!!!!!!

Congratulations!!!!

duke knooby 13 Jan 2009 18:32

derren brown is on tonight... excellent

and it should be noted that.. once again, i had absolutely nothing to do with the old thread bump :-)

RadioMaster 13 Jan 2009 19:50

yup

mszee 13 Jan 2009 20:22

AND...they are so much funnier than yours...lol

MeatGrl1 13 Jan 2009 21:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~Helen~ (Post 453592)
I can't imagine you NEED to know most of that. I remember a half day's induction for a high street clothing store...and I think barely any of it was relevant to the actual job. Just seemed to be standard corporate stuff they had to show us.

Hope it goes well on Saturday - shop floor should be more interesting...plus you get the variety of entertainment that is customers! :twisted:

Thanks hun,
I know and isn't it just common knowledge not to serve alcohol to a policeman on duty :lmao: :nuts: !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yes looking forward to the change :lol:.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Monstro (Post 453594)
Congratulations!!!!

Thank you :cool:.