mlukfc.com Forums

mlukfc.com Forums (https://www.mlukfc.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic (https://www.mlukfc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Post your thoughts (https://www.mlukfc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4661)

belladonna-took 26 Jan 2009 10:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by Battybarb (Post 455119)
my daughters best friend got me a framed professional pic of my 2 grandaughters for xmas,i was so pleased with it,one of my best pressies

That was lovely Barb. I think it's so important that pics really capture the people they are of and what they are feeling. I did this couple's wedding too, and that was a wonderful..if terrifying..experience. Thank heavens they loved the pics..tricky if they hadn't!

I thought the pics that Anji and Michael had done were quite wonderful too. Awesome even!

I've got to do another wedding in June. Must start reading the 'how to' manuals again. It's always the lighting that's the tricky bit.

:-)

Monstro 26 Jan 2009 12:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by belladonna-took (Post 455126)
I've got to do another wedding in June. Must start reading the 'how to' manuals again. It's always the lighting that's the tricky bit.

:-)

I did the photo's for a wedding in a castle, the lighting through the "windows" was awful, good job I'd made them have a dry run and showed them where they could and couldn't have photo's taken!!

I'll dig out the book I bought on photographing weddings and post title and author, worked a treat for me.

belladonna-took 26 Jan 2009 12:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by Monstro (Post 455135)
I did the photo's for a wedding in a castle, the lighting through the "windows" was awful, good job I'd made them have a dry run and showed them where they could and couldn't have photo's taken!!

I'll dig out the book I bought on photographing weddings and post title and author, worked a treat for me.

It's so STRESSFUL isn't it M?! I have nightmares about light when a wedding's in the offing. I won't get a chance to have a dry run for this one either. it's miles away. Send me that title purlease!:-)

MeatGrl1 26 Jan 2009 14:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pudding (Post 455090)
Just watched The Saint with Val Kilmer, total shit :shit:

Pud :twisted:

You didn't like it that's fine, don't expect people to like it.
It would be a boring place if we all like the same thing.

Personally I like this Val Kilmer movie and he's gorgeous in it so there :lol:.

Seem to be buying alot of papers recently one way or another, last two weeks it was to get the DVD's from The Daily Mail, Saturday it was Daily Express as it had an artical on Agnetha and Anni-Frid from ABBA and yesterday was Sunday Mirror as it had a massive artical on Patrick Swayze and looks like I'll be getting The Daily Telegraph later as there is an artical about shows in the West End with a great pic of Michael and Leanne in Hairspray :cool:.

It's a bit crazy :nuts: I know but hey.
Going to get ready in a bit and start doing the things that need to be done, like I need to do some washing etc...

Rockette 26 Jan 2009 14:45

I have an annoying song running through my head. Think it's called "Ramblin' Rose."

Pudding 26 Jan 2009 19:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by MeatGrl1 (Post 455139)
You didn't like it that's fine, don't expect people to like it.
It would be a boring place if we all like the same thing.

I'm glad I don't like the same things as you, otherwise I'd be worried. :devil:

Interesting Val Kilmer was nominated for a Razzie for worst actor for this film and has been nominated for a Razzie as worst supporting actor another 2 times.

Heli 26 Jan 2009 20:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pudding (Post 455157)
I'm glad I don't like the same things as you, otherwise I'd be worried. :devil:

Interesting Val Kilmer was nominated for a Razzie for worst actor for this film and has been nominated for a Razzie as worst supporting actor another 2 times.

Maybe so.....but he's hot (well was).....which makes crap films always worth watching! :cool:

mszee 26 Jan 2009 20:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by Heli (Post 455161)
Maybe so.....but he's hot (well was).....which makes crap films always worth watching! :cool:

I never got his "hotness" somehow...

daveake 26 Jan 2009 20:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by mszee (Post 455162)
I never got his "hotness" somehow...

I don't get how having someone "hot" in a movie makes it worth sitting through 2 hours of shite.

Dave

mszee 26 Jan 2009 20:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by daveake (Post 455163)
I don't get how having someone "hot" in a movie makes it worth sitting through 2 hours of shite.

Dave

*Sigh*

If I admit that you're right...that will make me less than a woman...lol...so I will just keep my mouth shut...

belladonna-took 26 Jan 2009 20:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by daveake (Post 455163)

Dave

They've got to be superheated...but then any dross is worth it!:D

Pudding 26 Jan 2009 20:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by Heli (Post 455161)

He's about as hot as a cold bag of chips and mushy peas with a face to match :))

MeatGrl1 26 Jan 2009 20:35

Dave,
When you have a good looking guy/girl depending on your sex to look at you tend to ignore all the crap bits as your caught up watching said person.
And Pud, I know what your trying to do and it won't work, been a solid fan of his for 18-years now so I think I'll still like him no matter what you say.
In my eyes he's still incredibly gorgeous, so there :hand::raspberry: !!

allrevvedup 26 Jan 2009 20:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pudding (Post 455157)
and has been nominated for a Razzie as worst supporting actor another 2 times.

I doubt Tombstone was one of them

daveake 26 Jan 2009 20:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by MeatGrl1 (Post 455167)
Dave,
When you have a good looking guy/girl depending on your sex to look at you tend to ignore all the crap bits as your caught up watching said person.

Er, no, might work for you but doesn't work for me. If the movie is too boring to keep my attention then no amount of eye candy will keep my eyes open.

Dave

daveake 26 Jan 2009 20:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by mszee (Post 455164)
I will just keep my mouth shut...

Are you sure you're a woman? ;-) :lol:

MeatGrl1 26 Jan 2009 20:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by daveake (Post 455169)
Er, no, might work for you but doesn't work for me. If the movie is too boring to keep my attention then no amount of eye candy will keep my eyes open.

Dave

Fair enough ;).

mszee 26 Jan 2009 20:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by daveake (Post 455170)
Are you sure you're a woman? ;-) :lol:

I just wrote 10 different replies...all equally witless...that's why I am not posting them...but if judged by this site standards...NO

allrevvedup 26 Jan 2009 20:51

the 11th would've been the best

The Flying Mouse 26 Jan 2009 20:52

Quote:

Dave,

:twisted: I'm with the other guys here.

A good actor in a leading role goes quite a way in persuading someone to watch the movie in the first place, but if the movie is crap, no eye candy is going to make the film any better.

Heli 26 Jan 2009 20:55

Val Kilmer is 90's hothttp://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r...val_kilmer.jpg

But yeah hot guys getting half naked, fighting or just sweating makes any film worth watching......and it would be just the same for the guys if it was girls ;)

allrevvedup 26 Jan 2009 20:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Flying Mouse (Post 455174)
:twisted: I'm with the other guys here.

A good actor in a leading role goes quite a way in persuading someone to watch the movie in the first place, but if the movie is crap, no eye candy is going to make the film any better.

there are very few exceptions, I suppose it depends on moods...i mean i like watching switch off the brain action stuff, for exactly that reason it's a distraction and sometimes you'll watch films you know are probably going to be crap but you lose yourself in them.

Then there's other that you will just really want to see for the performances, actor, director, script etc.

Pudding 26 Jan 2009 20:57

Quote:

And Pud, I know what your trying to do and it won't work, been a solid fan of his for 18-years now so I think I'll still like him no matter what you say.
In my eyes he's still incredibly gorgeous, so there :hand::raspberry: !!

You have no idea what I'm trying to do, because I'm not trying to do anything. I don't like like Val Kilmer and you've thrown your toys out of the cot, spat the dummy out and given the teddy a good beating.

Teenagers who struggle to live in reality go all gooey over a movie star or pop star, how old are you? If you're still a teenager I apologise, let kids be kids is what I say.

mszee 26 Jan 2009 20:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by Heli (Post 455175)

But yeah hot guys getting half naked, fighting or just sweating makes any film worth watching......and it would be just the same for the guys if it was girls ;)

Wouldn't do anything for me cause not really a woman...but I do have to agree that Pamela Anderson IS famous and well known for something...something which can't be defined as acting on any level of imagination and/or fantasy...

Heli 26 Jan 2009 21:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by mszee (Post 455178)
Wouldn't do anything for me cause not really a woman...but I do have to agree that Pamela Anderson IS famous and well known for something...something which can't be defined as acting on any level of imagination and/or fantasy...

Haha exactly.

See I wouldn't watch films purely for hot guys, I have more intellegence to me than that. But there's nothing wrong with a bit of a perv-a-thon :p