mlukfc.com Forums

mlukfc.com Forums (https://www.mlukfc.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic (https://www.mlukfc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Post your thoughts (https://www.mlukfc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4661)

~Helen~ 27 Jan 2009 19:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by mszee (Post 455368)
Well, I just got a pay cut...on the bright side...at least I still have a job...for now...

:-( & :-)

pay cut sucks...well done for looking for a bright side...which obviously is there in the benefit of some job (always better than no job) but pay cuts aren't ever easy to take regardless of what your circumstances are...I really hope it doesn't affect you & your family too greatly xx

mszee 27 Jan 2009 20:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~Helen~ (Post 455379)
:-( & :-)

pay cut sucks...well done for looking for a bright side...which obviously is there in the benefit of some job (always better than no job) but pay cuts aren't ever easy to take regardless of what your circumstances are...I really hope it doesn't affect you & your family too greatly xx

Whoever didn't get a pay cut got fired...so...it's hard not to see THAT side...

Thank you for good wishes...I just want to go home right now...wish they did it at night or something...

allrevvedup 27 Jan 2009 20:12

I can understand that, they told us we wouldn't be getting a bonus for the last quarter and also no pay rise at all this year, after we were promised an increase for transferring to the claims department.

mszee 27 Jan 2009 20:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by allrevvedup (Post 455382)
I can understand that, they told us we wouldn't be getting a bonus for the last quarter and also no pay rise at all this year, after we were promised an increase for transferring to the claims department.

There is no talk about pay increase...pay cut put me far below the last pay increase I've had anyway almost 2 years ago...

belladonna-took 27 Jan 2009 22:34

All this reminds me of the time when husb and i couldn't pay the mortgage despite both working full time and having foreign students staying too. That was because mortgage interest rates doubled over night in 1992. I know the situation now is different and even more serious, but i'll never forget the fear that there was nothing we could do to avoid repossession.

mszee 27 Jan 2009 22:46

I wouldn't go for adjustable mortgage even back when...I was offered great deal and I took worse deal but fixed mortgage...

belladonna-took 27 Jan 2009 22:59

In those days we couldn't get a fixed rate mortgage. I got a 5 yr fixed one from about 2000 though....and neatly paid way over the odds for the entire term. sigh!

angelica 27 Jan 2009 23:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by mszee (Post 455384)
There is no talk about pay increase...pay cut put me far below the last pay increase I've had anyway almost 2 years ago...

That's bad news Zina ... hope things get better soon

MissAsh 28 Jan 2009 14:08

*sigh* it really isn't normal to have a cold/something similar four times in as many months is it?

~Helen~ 28 Jan 2009 14:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by MissAsh (Post 455442)
*sigh* it really isn't normal to have a cold/something similar four times in as many months is it?

My mother would tell you to drink lots of water and take vitamin C!

Hope you recover quickly and don't get any more for a long long while!

MissAsh 28 Jan 2009 15:24

Thanks Helen. I usually drink 1-2 litres of water a day and take echinacea/vitamin supplements but my immune system appears to be broken... Ah well, gives me an excuse to spend as much time as possible wrapped in my duvet recovering!

mszee 28 Jan 2009 15:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by angelica (Post 455413)
That's bad news Zina ... hope things get better soon

Thanks, Angela...

I am a realist though and expect it to get a whole lot worse before it gets better...

~Helen~ 28 Jan 2009 16:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by MissAsh (Post 455454)
...an excuse to spend as much time as possible wrapped in my duvet recovering!

Definitely! And to get people to wait on you. And to eat chocolate (probably doesn't help in the slightest, just tastes good! ;))

mszee 28 Jan 2009 19:02

Well, just called our payroll into the processing company...they are telling me they have this pay cutting business from a lot of clients...on Monday this particular customer service person talked to somebody with 100 people pay cut...

Monstro 28 Jan 2009 19:39

One of our contracts at work reissued, half the support hours, 30+ redundancies

mszee 28 Jan 2009 20:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by Monstro (Post 455490)
One of our contracts at work reissued, half the support hours, 30+ redundancies

Things are tough all over...

JanT 28 Jan 2009 20:30

We'll be taking on new staff in March if that's any help. Don't suppose it is since I live in Blackpool, sorry :/

MeatGrl1 28 Jan 2009 20:42

Watched an interview with Val last night for Felon which he also talked about several other films too and Heath Ledger but as much as I love this guy he was a bit of a goof telling everyone that he dies and so will not be in the sequal... Thanks babs, is there any need to watch this now :roll: :bleh: :shock: LMFAO !!

Am hungry. Need to sort out my room but I keep getting distracted though I have managed to change my bed clothes :cool:.

mszee 28 Jan 2009 21:05

Well, Val didn't really die...he has just pretended to die...so I think it's safe???

~Helen~ 28 Jan 2009 21:20

I'm worried I'm cheating on you all...I've spent half the evening on a DIY forum! Argh! ;)

mszee 28 Jan 2009 21:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~Helen~ (Post 455499)
I'm worried I'm cheating on you all...I've spent half the evening on a DIY forum! Argh! ;)

Actually...it might come handy...you will know how to hammer and fix tools...

~Helen~ 28 Jan 2009 21:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by mszee (Post 455501)
Actually...it might come handy...you will know how to hammer and fix tools...

Yeah...to be honest, I'm MORE worried that I find it interesting!

mszee 28 Jan 2009 22:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~Helen~ (Post 455502)
Yeah...to be honest, I'm MORE worried that I find it interesting!

It IS interesting...no worries...

Ankie 28 Jan 2009 22:19

##^$&#($)%*$&$%%*%(^(*$&#^%&%&%&$
grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.....

So, off my chest now...

~Helen~ 28 Jan 2009 22:22

Errrm....Ankie, are you ok??