mlukfc.com Forums

mlukfc.com Forums (https://www.mlukfc.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic (https://www.mlukfc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Post your thoughts (https://www.mlukfc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4661)

belladonna-took 03 Feb 2009 18:51

only takes half an inch or so to bring the UK to a standstill Zina!

Doh! have also run out of food..so tea will be some oven chips, peas, tinned sweetcorn and one small tin of salmon between four....
Life is impossible without my car..and it's still freezing even with the heating on turbo. comes of having walls 3 inches thick with lots of gaps in them. Honestly, you can see to the outside through some of the gaps. Brrrr!
Tried to post more pics...but failed. Keep getting told i already have a file named something or other...and i rename the new file...and still it won't work. Looking on the bright side, you're probably all quite grateful. Am off now to spread 7 oven chips between four people.

mszee 03 Feb 2009 18:57

Just cause I don't post doesn't mean I don't care...so when everybody was posting about snow yesterday I looked up some pictures...and I didn't get it...I am sorry...

We are getting awful snow since night but right now it's not sticking yet...ummm...it looks just about like those pictures posted above...maybe a bit worse...but they say it's gonna get colder and it will really start sticking...yuck...

This year we have a bad winter...we have non-stop snow that melts during the day and freezes into ice at night, so we didnt' get out of ice this winter yet...pretty unusual for these parts...usually we get 2 or 3 awful snow storms (a foot or less of snow) and then that's it...

belladonna-took 03 Feb 2009 19:00

It's the ice that's so horrible isn't it? Unless you're a stunt driver as i know some of us are.
I can't keep the car ( that i don't have at the moment ) on the road in warm sunshine..ditches keep creeping up on me....let alone when there's ice in various shades of black or white all over the place. Eeeek!

mszee 03 Feb 2009 19:05

I usually don't drive in weather like this...multiple phobias which won't be discussed here for fear of the wise butts...co-worker gave me a ride to work today...

belladonna-took 03 Feb 2009 19:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by mszee (Post 455926)
I usually don't drive in weather like this...multiple phobias which won't be discussed here for fear of the wise butts...co-worker gave me a ride to work today...

I think that was kind of them Zina. Probably! It would be gutting to have to miss work of course!

Just found some old Marvel (dried milk) at the back of the cupboard. It's a bit brown and dried up....but i'm desperate..

mszee 03 Feb 2009 19:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by belladonna-took (Post 455927)
I think that was kind of them Zina. Probably! It would be gutting to have to miss work of course!

Just found some old Marvel (dried milk) at the back of the cupboard. It's a bit brown and dried up....but i'm desperate..

Surprisingly enough, I am well liked...lol...

Congrats on milk...remembered radio talk show once when somebody mentioned that in America as soon as it snows, everybody is making French toast...stores are full of people buying bread, eggs and milk...lol...French toast...

SamCat 03 Feb 2009 19:41

Marvin and Sam have not been out for 2 days now there are no pawprints in the snow and the litter tray is full!! Even London cats dont cope with snow lol!!

belladonna-took 03 Feb 2009 19:43

Our cats always used to use the tray just as we were eating...they were almost infallible. We hardly noticed, but visitors used to retch a bit. I suppose it might have been my cooking come to think of it...

SamCat 03 Feb 2009 19:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by belladonna-took (Post 455931)
Our cats always used to use the tray just as we were eating...they were almost infallible. We hardly noticed, but visitors used to retch a bit. I suppose it might have been my cooking come to think of it...

Sam always used to do that when she was a kitten and cos i'm open plan, there was quite a few meals we ate in the bedroom lol!!

belladonna-took 03 Feb 2009 19:49

snow snow everywhere and never a drop of milk

http://media.mlxxfc.net/DSC00973.JPG

Local facilities from the bedroom window...

R. 03 Feb 2009 20:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by Monstro (Post 455913)
Still love your Punto? LOL

Punto? Fix It Again Tony! :p

mszee 03 Feb 2009 20:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by SamCat (Post 455930)
Marvin and Sam have not been out for 2 days now there are no pawprints in the snow and the litter tray is full!! Even London cats dont cope with snow lol!!

Our neighbor's cat keeps on sitting in our backyard...I guess our snow is warmer...lol...

daveake 03 Feb 2009 20:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by mszee (Post 455936)
Our neighbor's cat keeps on sitting in our backyard...I guess our snow is warmer...lol...

Or cooler ... do cats get piles? :twisted:

Dave

mszee 03 Feb 2009 20:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by daveake (Post 455937)
Or cooler ... do cats get piles? :twisted:

Dave

What are piles???

daveake 03 Feb 2009 20:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by mszee (Post 455938)
What are piles???

Ever wish you hadn't said something?

Bum grapes.

Next ...

Dave :twisted:

mszee 03 Feb 2009 21:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by daveake (Post 455941)
Ever wish you hadn't said something?

Bum grapes.

Next ...

Dave :twisted:

Oh...then cats must have it...why should they be better than us????

Oh yeah, they are...they own us...duh...

Battybarb 04 Feb 2009 08:27

think i am gonna need some ice skates to get to work this morning ,,its like a sheet of ice outside,should be good for a laugh...dancing on ice or what....lol

angelica 04 Feb 2009 11:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by Battybarb (Post 455965)
think i am gonna need some ice skates to get to work this morning ,,its like a sheet of ice outside,should be good for a laugh...dancing on ice or what....lol

LOL:lol: You go Barb!

It's freezing here Brrr!!!! No snow or ice ... we only had thick snow for a day and then the heavy rain washed it all away! Thank goodness:-)

Rockette 04 Feb 2009 14:47

It's weird to sit in an Australian month-long heat wave and see ice and snow storms in the northern hemisphere.

You lot skate on your roads and ours are literally melting.

mszee 04 Feb 2009 16:11

We had a non-stop snow starting from the night before and all through the day yesterday...regular freaking non-stop blizzard...fortunately, temperatures dropped after the snow ended...so it's not so bad...

Unfortunately, some people did get it rough...my co-worker's uncle was coming from work yesterday, the car skidded and he hit the fire hydrant...instant death...life is becoming funner and funner...

belladonna-took 04 Feb 2009 20:28

That's horrible Zina.

mszee 04 Feb 2009 20:32

Yeah...I got your e-mail and I promise to reply but I probably won't be online from home for another day or so...sorry for the delay!

belladonna-took 04 Feb 2009 23:03

no worries x

Monstro 05 Feb 2009 12:04

Running someone over on your motorbike makes an interesting start to the day!!!!

AndyK 05 Feb 2009 12:08

Badly?

(or if it was a deliberate act ... how many gardens did you have to drive over before you hit them?)