mlukfc.com Forums

mlukfc.com Forums (https://www.mlukfc.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic (https://www.mlukfc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Post your thoughts (https://www.mlukfc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4661)

allrevvedup 08 Feb 2009 09:31

the snow is back and i'm going back to bed

MeatGrl1 09 Feb 2009 00:29

Walking back wasn't fun, actually I cried because I was so scared that I'd slip, at one point I was just stood in the middle of the road.. Stuck because I tested the road around me with my foot and it slid, almost rang mum but thought I am almost home, I can do it and somehow I got home but it's scary when it's like this !!

~Helen~ 09 Feb 2009 01:55

should've tried driving in it...or not. roads not gritted, everything white...no one driven up the hill before me so just had a sheet of icey slippy whiteness to drive up hill on. in a peugeot 106. at least my drive home wasn't boring! (if you're wondering who won between me and the car, it was me...and i pray that remains the case!)

Heli 09 Feb 2009 04:43

Sooooooooooooooo tirrrred :(

Heli 09 Feb 2009 04:44

Ok it's a lie...I'm a bit coffeed up. However I have that dry eyed, could really do with a long sleep sort of feeling.

Just 2 and a bit hours till my train.

Pudding 09 Feb 2009 05:48

Crying over snow is a bit nuts :nuts: unless you're a child and other kids are throwing snowballs filled with stones in them - Grrrrrr!

Pud :twisted:

Betty 09 Feb 2009 12:58

all 3 tickets sorted!!!!!! yippeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :cheer: :mrgreen:
Roll on May!!!

Battybarb 09 Feb 2009 13:21

just need lots of sleep...

SamCat 09 Feb 2009 13:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by Betty (Post 456251)
all 3 tickets sorted!!!!!! yippeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :cheer: :mrgreen:
Roll on May!!!

Is that a yippeeeeeeeeeee i can join in with lol!!!!

Betty 09 Feb 2009 13:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by SamCat (Post 456259)
Is that a yippeeeeeeeeeee i can join in with lol!!!!

LOL
Certainly, feel free to join, a further yippeeeeeeeeeeeee can never be wrong! Especially when you´re involved anyway :mrgreen:
Been dancing through the office after I won the auction lol :oops:

Rockette 09 Feb 2009 13:49

Thoroughly gutted by the human cost of our fires here in Victoria, Australia.

First the worst drought in history dries up the countryside, then the heatwave from hell and then a succession of fire balls (and not the yummy kind) swallows up what's left.

It's all so depressing, and hard to escape when you open windows and the smell of smoke fills your nostrils.

Battybarb 09 Feb 2009 14:00

sounds like a total nightmare for you,hope it improves soon

SamCat 09 Feb 2009 15:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by Betty (Post 456260)
LOL
Certainly, feel free to join, a further yippeeeeeeeeeeeee can never be wrong! Especially when you´re involved anyway :mrgreen:
Been dancing through the office after I won the auction lol :oops:

Yippeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!

And i just killed a really hard boss in Castlevania lol!!

MeatGrl1 09 Feb 2009 15:52

Pud, I was not crying because it was snow, I love the snow but if you read my post properly you would of read that I was scared of falling on ice... May seem petty to you but as I have brittal bones a fall could break one !!
That aside glad I made it in one peice.

So much to do and so little time !!

allrevvedup 09 Feb 2009 16:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~Helen~ (Post 456241)
(if you're wondering who won between me and the car, it was me...and i pray that remains the case!)

so do i as i doubt the car can make such entertaining posts

Pudding 09 Feb 2009 21:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rockette (Post 456261)
Thoroughly gutted by the human cost of our fires here in Victoria, Australia.

First the worst drought in history dries up the countryside, then the heatwave from hell and then a succession of fire balls (and not the yummy kind) swallows up what's left.

It's all so depressing, and hard to escape when you open windows and the smell of smoke fills your nostrils.

It's truly shocking beyond belief, especially when they think most of the fires were deliberately started.

We had the smoke haze from those fires drift over to New Zealand, turned the sky a weird yellow. Kinda puts it into perspective the size of the fires when we get the smoke from over 2,000 Km away.

AndyK 09 Feb 2009 21:14

Just seen the news reports about the fires in Oz, makes the stories that've been run over in the UK about a little snow and ice somewhat insignificant really.

daveake 09 Feb 2009 21:20

Absolutely. We whinge about not being able to get into work, whilst people in Oz are losing their houses and in some cases their lives. I can't imagine what it's like trying to escape the inferno in a car, and getting burnt to death on the way.

Dave

Pudding 09 Feb 2009 21:23

Yep, I can understand old ladies getting stressed about the weather in the UK, but not the younger ones. The folks in Oz would welcome a massive snow fall right about now.

allrevvedup 09 Feb 2009 21:46

beggars belief how someone could even consider starting those fires

Battybarb 09 Feb 2009 23:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by allrevvedup (Post 456291)
beggars belief how someone could even consider starting those fires

they have got to be totally insane and should be locked up and the key chucked away forever

daveake 10 Feb 2009 00:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by Battybarb (Post 456306)
they have got to be totally insane and should be locked up and the key chucked away forever

I think being strapped to a burning tree would be more appropriate.

mszee 10 Feb 2009 00:06

Best wishes to Australians and New Zealanders...our thoughts are with you...

mszee 10 Feb 2009 03:37

In other news...I was called a "looney tunes on crack" today...I think I like it...I think I am legally changing my name to THAT...

Pudding 10 Feb 2009 05:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by mszee (Post 456311)
Best wishes to Australians and New Zealanders...our thoughts are with you...

The fire isn't really affecting New Zealand, just the smoke haze. Any best wishes should really just go to the Aussies.

The totally bizarre thing is, in Northern Australia they've got floods due to tropical rainstorms :nuts: