mlukfc.com Forums

mlukfc.com Forums (https://www.mlukfc.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic (https://www.mlukfc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Post your thoughts (https://www.mlukfc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4661)

Battybarb 10 Feb 2009 09:37

Really really do not want to go to work today !!

Rockette 10 Feb 2009 11:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pudding (Post 456281)
It's truly shocking beyond belief, especially when they think most of the fires were deliberately started.

Pud :twisted:

I don't very often agree with our Prime Minister, but he's correct in calling them mass murderers.

I'm really feeling for the poor sods up north with their floods. Our fires have overtaken their plight and I hope they receive the full support they so deserve to get their communities back together too.

Where I live, we've only copped two or three minor grass fires and that's how I hope it remains. Next weekend is shaping up to be another bad one, with hot northerlies brewing. For once, I wish the weather guys would get it wrong. We're busily rotary hoeing all our (crunchy dead) grass around our home. Apparently, that's been the saving grace for some homes. Gotta at least try.

MeatGrl1 10 Feb 2009 12:36

Still shocked :shock: :cool: !!

Tired :zzz:.

mszee 10 Feb 2009 14:31

Well, I hope weather people are wrong and you all get lots of rain...

~Helen~ 10 Feb 2009 15:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pudding (Post 456322)
The totally bizarre thing is, in Northern Australia they've got floods due to tropical rainstorms :nuts:

I saw that on yesterday's news, it's an awful cruel touch of fate...and something of a shame the excess water from the north can't somehow easily be drained (thus also reducing flooding) and transfered to the south to be used to put out fires.

As for those responsible for starting the fires...no words can describe that...I cannot imagine why anyone would...and only hope they get their comeuppance. (as for the suggestion of fastening them to a burning tree ...I'm not sure death's a harsh enough punishment when you consider the losses of all those affected).

England (on the whole, I don't mean individuals) makes such a fuss out of any small extreme in weather, and I can only consider us fortunate that we dont suffer the extremes most other countries do.

As a Geographer (well, I was) my favourite area was 'hazards' (which includes fires and floods) and some of the impacts can be mind-numbingly horrific...yet unfortunately, the likelihood of occurence always seems to be higher in those areas where the impact will be higher, being more suitable areas for settlements. So cruel.

(and I'm done - shutting up now!)

Thoughts with those in Australia though, just a shame we can't do more.

~Helen~ 10 Feb 2009 15:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by mszee (Post 456344)
Well, I hope weather people are wrong and you all get lots of rain...

except those with floods...who need only a healthy amount of rain and for now, a break from rain completely!

Rockette 10 Feb 2009 15:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~Helen~ (Post 456348)
As for those responsible for starting the fires...no words can describe that...I cannot imagine why anyone would...and only hope they get their comeuppance.

Reliable word from a high ranking 'firie' friend of ours is that police have apprehended a 14 year old male in relation to one of the fires and have him under lock and key for his own protection. :|

The Flying Mouse 10 Feb 2009 22:42

:twisted: It's weird that the most popular thread on the forum was started by someone who has only ever made 16 posts here, and has not visited the forum (in their accout at least) in four years and one day.

Strange huh? :shock:

MeatGrl1 10 Feb 2009 22:44

It's quite cold.

I hear we are due more snow :shock: :roll:, I hope not, though it looks very pretty and walking in it is very fun it's the aftermath with the ice I dread... Yuck.

Think I need an early night tonight I went to bed at rather a silly time this morning :shock: :lol: !!

Monstro 11 Feb 2009 00:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Flying Mouse (Post 456401)
:twisted: It's weird that the most popular thread on the forum was started by someone who has only ever made 16 posts here, and has not visited the forum (in their accout at least) in four years and one day.

Strange huh? :shock:

Even weirder is that someone took the time to figure that out :D

MissAsh 11 Feb 2009 00:43

Oh bother, I just realised I'm going to have to miss Bat The Symphony as the only Scottish date is while I'm away in England, typical! Guess I'll just have to make up for it by going to multiple Vamps Rock dates towards the end of the year.

Skeleton 11 Feb 2009 12:21

I had MRI (they checked my head) last night and I didn't like it at all.. :(

I have a little claustrophobia.. But I could brought my own cd with me and I chose Bat 3.. :D Listening Meat's singing made me calm.. :mrgreen:

SW31 11 Feb 2009 12:42

do i really have to go to work-well at least were going back to 4 on 4 off

Ankie 11 Feb 2009 12:44

I want to break away!!!!!

Only 3 months and 4 days to go for that :D:D:D

Monstro 11 Feb 2009 12:53

Bloody punctures

Hypnobabe 11 Feb 2009 16:57

Why didn't I learn the first time I tried to do this?

Monstro 11 Feb 2009 19:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hypnobabe (Post 456438)

DIY dentistry?

AndyK 11 Feb 2009 20:49

Spent the best part of today travelling to and from London, and a little part of the day in London ... which leaves with me a thought ... where's all the snow that crippled our capital then? :p

allrevvedup 11 Feb 2009 20:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hypnobabe (Post 456438)

self hypnosis?

~Helen~ 11 Feb 2009 22:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by MeatGrl1 (Post 456402)
It's quite cold.

I hear we are due more snow :shock: :roll:, I hope not, though it looks very pretty and walking in it is very fun it's the aftermath with the ice I dread... Yuck.

My biggest dislike is that very cold means paying for heating. Roll on summer! And soon.

daveake 12 Feb 2009 09:16

Why is money spent on stupid pointless research projects? According to the latest one, 6 out of 7 dwarves aren't happy.

Battybarb 12 Feb 2009 10:07

another boring day dealing with half heads and a bloody migraine ....

carole 12 Feb 2009 10:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rockette (Post 456334)
I don't very often agree with our Prime Minister, but he's correct in calling them mass murderers.

I'm really feeling for the poor sods up north with their floods. Our fires have overtaken their plight and I hope they receive the full support they so deserve to get their communities back together too.

Where I live, we've only copped two or three minor grass fires and that's how I hope it remains. Next weekend is shaping up to be another bad one, with hot northerlies brewing. For once, I wish the weather guys would get it wrong. We're busily rotary hoeing all our (crunchy dead) grass around our home. Apparently, that's been the saving grace for some homes. Gotta at least try.

Glad you're safe and hope the grass fires don't get any worse. My heart goes out to all those people who've lost everything in the fires. I thank my lucky stars I'm neither affected by floods or fires.

Carole

Hypnobabe 12 Feb 2009 10:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by Monstro (Post 456455)
DIY dentistry?

Quote:

Originally Posted by allrevvedup (Post 456460)
self hypnosis?

Birthday party for the kids.... at least I'm not doing it at home this time, so someone else gets to provide all the food and do all the clearing up... We've booked an exclusive party at our local Kidsworld play centre place - it's going to be mad!

SW31 12 Feb 2009 12:02

were the hell did this snow come from