mlukfc.com Forums

mlukfc.com Forums (https://www.mlukfc.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Messages (https://www.mlukfc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Meat Loaf on Twitter (https://www.mlukfc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13098)

suzieq 04 Nov 2009 05:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smithie (Post 473545)
That's an interesting idea, Suzie. Since there are two duets with Patti, maybe one is a slow song and the other is uptempo.

And Hugh is in too!

The possibilities are all the way around Smithie. Meat has thrown curveballs before plus when we think we have all the answers, Meat changes the questions.

Suzieq

djfierce 04 Nov 2009 09:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vickip (Post 473614)
I'm the same way ... I've gotten more used to Facebook, and prefer it to Twiiter :-)
But hopefully Meat will still use it to post quick updates (or links to videos) even after the new site is up and running.

I'm sorry to flog a dead horse but i had given up on a new site, has anything new been said?

CarylB 04 Nov 2009 11:03

Not a dickybird .. nor even a tweet ;)

Caryl

Pudding 04 Nov 2009 11:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vickip (Post 473614)
I'm the same way ... I've gotten more used to Facebook, and prefer it to Twiiter :-)

As they say - "Twitter is the Facebook for ugly people" LOL Facebook is way better than Twitter.

djfierce 04 Nov 2009 16:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by CarylB (Post 473625)
Not a dickybird .. nor even a tweet ;)

Caryl

Thanks Caryl, thought as much, but then i guess tweets are free and painless compared the shenanigans of the 'official' forum lol

AndyK 04 Nov 2009 16:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by djfierce (Post 473642)
Thanks Caryl, thought as much, but then i guess tweets are free and painless compared the shenanigans of the 'official' forum lol

Ssshhhh Anji ... keep the free bit quiet, heaven forbid we be charged a membership fee to find out any news or gossip ;-)

Vickip 04 Nov 2009 17:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pudding (Post 473628)
As they say - "Twitter is the Facebook for ugly people" LOL Facebook is way better than Twitter.

:lol:

suzieq 07 Nov 2009 03:43

Meat's been busy apparently "killing it" again.

Pssst.......Pearl has tweeted. She's singing a duet w/Meat on this project as well. Referenced the duet as bitchin', kick-ass and powerful stuff.

Suzieq

Vickip 07 Nov 2009 03:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by suzieq (Post 473772)
Meat's been busy apparently "killing it" again.

Pssst.......Pearl has tweeted. She's singing a duet w/Meat on this project as well. Referenced the duet as bitchin', kick-ass and powerful stuff.

Suzieq

:up::up:

Vickip 07 Nov 2009 04:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by suzieq (Post 473615)
The possibilities are all the way around Smithie. Meat has thrown curveballs before plus when we think we have all the answers, Meat changes the questions.

Suzieq

I'm sorry but I haven't had a chance to listen to both of the radio interviews yet ... did Meat say that he was doing 2 duets with Patti :??: Or 2 duets on the cd :??:

Meat only mentioned one duet with Patti in a tweet a while back ... and now Pearl posted that she recorded a duet with him today :))

So maybe there are 2 duets on the cd .. one with Patti and one with Pearl :??:

This is really getting exciting :))

suzieq 07 Nov 2009 04:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vickip (Post 473774)
I'm sorry but I haven't had a chance to listen to both of the radio interviews yet ... did Meat say that he was doing 2 duets with Patti :??: Or 2 duets on the cd :??:

Meat only mentioned one duet with Patti in a tweet a while back ... and now Pearl posted that she recorded a duet with him today :))

So maybe there are 2 duets on the cd .. one with Patti and one with Pearl :??:

This is really getting exciting :))

Well aren't you just full of questions now huh? Welcome to my brain.:mrgreen:

For real though, it really is exciting. The interview that mentions the duets was in Oct. 08' a week after the Florida shows Vicki. Dennis Miller inquired if Patti was going to be at the Pa. show, and Meat's response was yeah. Then Meat said there is a new album and there are two duets. He didn't say specifically that it was Patti, but rather implied. On a timeline tweet, Meat put out [you know the one with Angus and McKenna (sp.)], he said that there were duets on there, but again Patti was definitely on one of them but my natural thought was that she was going to be doing both. Until today that is.

Suzieq

Vickip 07 Nov 2009 04:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by suzieq (Post 473775)
Well aren't you just full of questions now huh? Welcome to my brain.:mrgreen:

:lol: It's just too exciting !

Quote:

Originally Posted by suzieq (Post 473775)
For real though, it really is exciting. The interview that mentions the duets was in Oct. 08' a week after the Florida shows Vicki. Dennis Miller inquired if Patti was going to be at the Pa. show, and Meat's response was yeah. Then Meat said there is a new album and there are two duets. He didn't say specifically that it was Patti, but rather implied. On a timeline tweet, Meat put out [you know the one with Angus and McKenna (sp.)], he said that there were duets on there, but again Patti was definitely on one of them but my natural thought was that she was going to be doing both. Until today that is.

Suzieq

Oh ok :)) Your natural thought made a lot of sense. That was the tweet I was talking about. I remember Meat talking about the duet with Patti, but I don't remember him mentioning another one. Now I'll have to watch it again :wink:

carole 07 Nov 2009 23:06

Yeah it is really exciting. That's great that Pearl's doing a duet with Meat, I really love Man Of Steel. So I can only imagine who amazing this new song will be.

Carole

djfierce 07 Nov 2009 23:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by AndyK (Post 473643)
Ssshhhh Anji ... keep the free bit quiet, heaven forbid we be charged a membership fee to find out any news or gossip ;-)

lol very true Andy, i'll put the horse back in the box then :p

glamourgirl 09 Nov 2009 15:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by suzieq (Post 473775)
a

For real though, it really is exciting. The interview that mentions the duets was in Oct. 08' a week after the Florida shows Vicki. Dennis Miller inquired if Patti was going to be at the Pa. show, and Meat's response was yeah. Then Meat said there is a new album and there are two duets. He didn't say specifically that it was Patti, but rather implied. On a timeline tweet, Meat put out [you know the one with Angus and McKenna (sp.)], he said that there were duets on there, but again Patti was definitely on one of them but my natural thought was that she was going to be doing both. Until today that is.Suzieq

Meat was talking about Patti during that interview and he said she was back and they had two duets on the new album so hopefully there are 2 duets with Patti. Their duets are always my favorites. And Hugh is doing a duet too, so there will be many duets it seems.

CarylB 09 Nov 2009 16:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by glamourgirl (Post 473840)
Meat was talking about Patti during that interview and he said she was back and they had two duets on the new album so hopefully there are 2 duets with Patti. Their duets are always my favorites. And Hugh is doing a duet too, so there will be many duets it seems.

I believe he said he asked Hugh Laurie to play piano ... not sure I can see Hugh dueting with Meat, although he does have a pleasant light tenor :) Can't quite see Minnie the Moocher ending up on the album .. nor Nagasaki - the Foxtrot Riot .. lol

Caryl

glamourgirl 09 Nov 2009 16:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by CarylB (Post 473842)
I believe he said he asked Hugh Laurie to play piano ... not sure I can see Hugh dueting with Meat, although he does have a pleasant light tenor :) Can't quite see Minnie the Moocher ending up on the album .. nor Nagasaki - the Foxtrot Riot .. lol

Caryl

:lol: I was wondering if Hugh could sing or not.

Smithie 09 Nov 2009 18:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vickip (Post 473774)
I'm sorry but I haven't had a chance to listen to both of the radio interviews yet ... did Meat say that he was doing 2 duets with Patti :??: Or 2 duets on the cd :??:


Yah, in the Reading interview Meat was talking about Patti and he said she's back and we're doing another record and we have two duets on that record (all referring to Patti).

http://radiotime.com/ProgramDetails....ogramId=125064


Maybe Hugh is playing piano and singing a bit of harmony.

djfierce 09 Nov 2009 20:21

based on his comic efforts early in his career, i would be very surprised if Hugh sang on the album, he play a mean piano though ;-)

CarylB 09 Nov 2009 23:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by djfierce (Post 473859)
based on his comic efforts early in his career, i would be very surprised if Hugh sang on the album, he play a mean piano though ;-)

So would I .. lol .. Meat said ages ago that he had asked Hugh to play piano on the album. He and Stephen Fry did some hilarious duets in Jeeves and Wooster, but I don't see Hugh singing the kind of song on the album .. but he does play a mean piano indeed .. saw a J&W repeat tonight, and he cabn sure boogie :))

As to how many duets Meat will be singing with Patti .. only time will tell .. there's many a twist twixt recording and final edit :)

Caryl

djfierce 09 Nov 2009 23:18

http://img301.imageshack.us/i/vid00010.mp4/

hugh playing :-)

suzieq 10 Nov 2009 00:14

So much to say about these tweets. So little time right now. I had lost hope about seeing Hugh in a tweet and boom there he was.....I'm so excited, I can't even type.

Suzieq

clpmss 10 Nov 2009 00:23

OMG that Hugh Laurie Little Girl was too funny. Thank you I need that laugh :)

Sarge 10 Nov 2009 00:44

The strings sound pretty cool, like the theme music of a 1970s crime movie.

Vickip 10 Nov 2009 01:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sarge (Post 473889)
The strings sound pretty cool, like the theme music of a 1970s crime movie.

Yes .. I was thinking exactly the same thing :))

roomster 10 Nov 2009 01:10

Thanks a lot for all the great Tweets Meat :D

I am really looking forward to your new album, and all the teasers that you have served us sounds exceptional. I also loved the Hugh Laurie piano sequence.

Keep up the good work!

Vickip 10 Nov 2009 01:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by clpmss (Post 473888)
OMG that Hugh Laurie Little Girl was too funny. Thank you I need that laugh :)

I loved it !! :lmao:

Even though I'm a Phillies fan (and rooted for them during the World Series),
I still got a kick out of Meat's excited play by play during the game :-)

nikox1 10 Nov 2009 01:33

sounds great meat!!:D

snider22 10 Nov 2009 03:32

Great round of tweets today, everything sounds great, and I love the inside look at the album.

In the string session at Columbia clip, it sounds like they were playing to the song Peace On Earth written by Rick Brantley. Sounds great, love the chilling violins.

Pudding 10 Nov 2009 04:52

Love the music clip with Hugh Laurie, the music he was playing, although it was short, it had me hooked for more. :up:

carole 10 Nov 2009 13:47

Wow, what a great surprise to come home to tonight, all those Twitters. Loved Hugh playing the piano, can't wait to hear the whole thing. And that's great for Meat that his team won, it was great hearing how excited he was.

Carole

Vickip 10 Nov 2009 14:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by carole (Post 473913)
Wow, what a great surprise to come home to tonight, all those Twitters. Loved Hugh playing the piano, can't wait to hear the whole thing. And that's great for Meat that his team won, it was great hearing how excited he was.

Carole

Yeah it was fun hearing Meat so excited ... even though the wrong team won :wink: I swear it sounded like he was yelling at me for being a Phillies fan :lmao:

Seriously, I absolutely agree about hearing Hugh play the piano. The little clip sounded great, and I'm really looking forward to hearing the entire thing :))

Vickip 10 Nov 2009 14:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pudding (Post 473905)
Love the music clip with Hugh Laurie, the music he was playing, although it was short, it had me hooked for more. :up:

:up: :up:

suzieq 10 Nov 2009 20:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pudding (Post 473905)
Love the music clip with Hugh Laurie, the music he was playing, although it was short, it had me hooked for more. :up:

So very true.

Quote:

Originally Posted by carole (Post 473913)
Wow, what a great surprise to come home to tonight, all those Twitters. Loved Hugh playing the piano, can't wait to hear the whole thing. And that's great for Meat that his team won, it was great hearing how excited he was.

It was a surprise to see all those tweets recapping the last week or so of events.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vickip (Post 473917)
Yeah it was fun hearing Meat so excited ... even though the wrong team won :wink: I swear it sounded like he was yelling at me for being a Phillies fan :lmao:

Vicki, Be careful what you wish for....:D

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vickip (Post 473917)
Seriously, I absolutely agree about hearing Hugh play the piano. The little clip sounded great, and I'm really looking forward to hearing the entire thing :))

Honestly, Meat cannot tweet another thing to make me want this CD even more than I want it right now. I can't be any more ready or look any more forward to hearing this CD. I've wanted this CD before Meat even murmured tweet one, the desire to hear it has only grown stronger while he has had me on the hook the entire time. So for translation purposes..."I'm really looking forward" = "I want it now (but I'm going to be patient for it's release)."

Suzieq

Vickip 10 Nov 2009 21:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by suzieq (Post 473951)

Vicki, Be careful what you wish for....:D

:lmao:

Quote:

Honestly, Meat cannot tweet another thing to make me want this CD even more than I want it right now. I can't be any more ready or look any more forward to hearing this CD. I've wanted this CD before Meat even murmured tweet one, the desire to hear it has only grown stronger while he has had me on the hook the entire time. So for translation purposes..."I'm really looking forward" = "I want it now (but I'm going to be patient for it's release)."

Suzieq
I couldn't have said it better myself Suzieq :))

PanicLord 10 Nov 2009 22:43

Loving the new tweets - Hugh Laurie sounds awesome, as does the whole album so far! Bring it on!

duke knooby 10 Nov 2009 23:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pudding (Post 473905)
Love the music clip with Hugh Laurie, the music he was playing, although it was short, it had me hooked for more. :up:

it sounded very like a duke intro to me

which is great :D

Paul191 10 Nov 2009 23:24

Nice set of videos today! Loved it!!

Pudding 11 Nov 2009 03:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by carole (Post 473913)
Wow, what a great surprise to come home to tonight,

Next surprise is when you get home and dinner is made :lmao:

florence75015 11 Nov 2009 03:29

What style of music does Hugh Laurie play on the video? Is Meat with him or is he just playing alone?

Sorry to bother you with my questions but I can't see the videos again, as they're back in mp4 format. Yet, I'm not the only one as I've just received a message from a Fan from New Zealand who can't see them either.

I'm afraid RedPony2 aka Cowboy has forgotten his Youtube password :(

Florence

suzieq 11 Nov 2009 03:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by florence75015 (Post 473968)
What style of music does Hugh Laurie play on the video? Is Meat with him or is he just playing alone?

Sorry to bother you with my questions but I can't see the videos again, as they're back in mp4 format. Yet, I'm not the only one as I've just received a message from a Fan from New Zealand who can't see them either.

I'm afraid RedPony2 aka Cowboy has forgotten his Youtube password :(

Florence

Florence
Hugh is playing a piano alone with a pair of headphones on. It sounds like an intro OR he could have been just warming up. But Hugh looked and sounded great. I hope you will be able to see the tweets soon.

Suzieq

florence75015 11 Nov 2009 03:58

Thanks a lot for your answer, Suzanne.
Have a nice evening in Florida.

Florence

carole 11 Nov 2009 04:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pudding (Post 473967)
Next surprise is when you get home and dinner is made :lmao:

Well that would be a big surprise since I live alone and do all the cooking myself.

Carole

duke knooby 11 Nov 2009 15:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by florence75015 (Post 473968)
What style of music does Hugh Laurie play on the video? Is Meat with him or is he just playing alone?


Florence

it looked a little something like this..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WUTYXb9YcWM

suzieq 11 Nov 2009 16:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by duke knooby (Post 473956)
it sounded very like a duke intro to me

which is great :D

May I ask what a duke intro is???

Quote:

Originally Posted by duke knooby (Post 473981)
it looked a little something like this..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WUTYXb9YcWM

Excellent of you to have it You Tubed for others to see it.

Suzieq

Vickip 11 Nov 2009 19:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by duke knooby (Post 473981)
it looked a little something like this..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WUTYXb9YcWM

Thank you for posting it on YouTube for everybody :))

duke knooby 11 Nov 2009 20:28

i didn't post it on you tube.. twas nothin to do with me

your thanks should go to meat for the tweet, and whom ever it was that did upload it
(so thanks to them :D)

florence75015 11 Nov 2009 20:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by duke knooby (Post 473981)
it looked a little something like this..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WUTYXb9YcWM

That's great! So thanks to Meat for enabling us once more to enter into the studio and to that unknown person who put the video on Youtube.
I like the music Hugh Laurie is playing on piano.

Florence

Vickip 11 Nov 2009 23:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by duke knooby (Post 473995)
i didn't post it on you tube.. twas nothin to do with me

your thanks should go to meat for the tweet, and whom ever it was that did upload it
(so thanks to them :D)

:oops: Thanks for the clip Meat ... and thanks to the person who posted it on YouTube :-)

Ma.Ra 11 Nov 2009 23:46

Lol, how disrespectful is that to just downloading the video with 3rd party tools and then uploading it on youtube......
Where do people take the right for that??? It doesnt mean that you are allowed to download it with semilegally tools and uploading it somewhere else just because it is possible to watch it for free...

And why is there a need to upload it on another platform anyway?

suzieq 12 Nov 2009 01:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vickip (Post 474006)
:oops: Thanks for the clip Meat ... and thanks to the person who posted it on YouTube :-)

Ditto

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ma.Ra (Post 474007)
Lol, how disrespectful is that to just downloading the video with 3rd party tools and then uploading it on youtube......
Where do people take the right for that??? It doesnt mean that you are allowed to download it with semilegally tools and uploading it somewhere else just because it is possible to watch it for free...

And why is there a need to upload it on another platform anyway?

Rude to do without asking, I agree. I think it's plenty legal though. There is a need because the img platform that is being used was a problem with Meat's earlier tweets. People were unable to open and view the videos.

Twitter is free anyway, so it's not like they are absconding money from the artist. Which would pose a big problem. I think Meat does want people to see his tweets, so I don't think he's going to have a big problem with someone uploading it to you tube (Meat correct me if I am wrong here). Meat tried to correct the problem himself, but for some reason, the platform keeps getting defaulted back to img or yfroggy.

Suzieq

djfierce 12 Nov 2009 08:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ma.Ra (Post 474007)
Lol, how disrespectful is that to just downloading the video with 3rd party tools and then uploading it on youtube......

if there were no video's that fit what you describe here then youtube would have to close down due to lack of video's ;-)

I wonder if you feel the same way about those tv show appearances from other countries or otherwise long lost live performances from vhs that you wouldnt be able to see if someone hadnt taken the time to upload them for other fans to view.

carole 12 Nov 2009 09:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by djfierce (Post 474026)
if there were no video's that fit what you describe here then youtube would have to close down due to lack of video's ;-)

I wonder if you feel the same way about those tv show appearances from other countries or otherwise long lost live performances from vhs that you wouldnt be able to see if someone hadnt taken the time to upload them for other fans to view.

Good point, there's heaps of videos of Meat from TV appearance from other countries like Germany, the US and UK that I would never have seen if it hadn't been for youtube.

Carole

Pudding 12 Nov 2009 22:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by djfierce (Post 474026)
if there were no video's that fit what you describe here then youtube would have to close down due to lack of video's ;-)

True. One of my biggest bugbears with Youtube is you get a LOT of the same shit repeated :roll:

djfierce 12 Nov 2009 22:45

Very true Pud it gets on my nerves too.

Ma.Ra 13 Nov 2009 00:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by djfierce (Post 474026)
if there were no video's that fit what you describe here then youtube would have to close down due to lack of video's ;-)

I wonder if you feel the same way about those tv show appearances from other countries or otherwise long lost live performances from vhs that you wouldnt be able to see if someone hadnt taken the time to upload them for other fans to view.

I agree rare material should be uploaded.;) I disagree to have on every platform the same identical videos.
I am fine with uploading an identical video once it has been removed from a platform but I dont like the fact of same stuff on every platform.

Or the users here could pleaes stop post the links of the same videos just from different plattforms.

Pud says the same thing, just in his weird pudding manner:lol:

evil nickname 13 Nov 2009 08:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by suzieq (Post 474010)
There is a need because the img platform that is being used was a problem with Meat's earlier tweets. People were unable to open and view the videos.

So you're saying that there isn't a problem with the platform, but rather that there are people who have a problems playing back the (mp4) video on their system. Which is something completely different. And easy to fix by installing the right codex or just download the video and throw it in VLC.

suzieq 13 Nov 2009 14:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by evil nickname (Post 474086)
So you're saying that there isn't a problem with the platform, but rather that there are people who have a problems playing back the (mp4) video on their system. Which is something completely different. And easy to fix by installing the right codex or just download the video and throw it in VLC.

Uh, yeah, I'm not well versed in computer lingo or the fixing of them....what I do know is that there was/is a problem for others opening and viewing the video when it has an association with img, quicktime player, or some yfrog. I used term platform cause' someone else used it but sounded like I remembered it to be the right term. People had tried to reinstall a newer version of quicktime or already had the new version and it still didn't work. Also the throwing it in the VLC didn't yield much success either for these folks. It's all in this twitter thread if you go back a bit and read through the problems.

The solution was for Meat to upload the vids to You Tube and the vids worked for everyone there without having to mess around with trying to "fix" the computer to view the videos. For us computer neanderthals :-), myself obviously included, I wouldn't know about how to fix the problem without help from people like you and others on this site who have tried to help those who couldn't view.

Suzieq

CarylB 13 Nov 2009 17:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by suzieq (Post 474102)
Uh, yeah, I'm not well versed in computer lingo or the fixing of them....what I do know is that there was/is a problem for others opening and viewing the video when it has an association with img, quicktime player, or some yfrog. I used term platform cause' someone else used it but sounded like I remembered it to be the right term. People had tried to reinstall a newer version of quicktime or already had the new version and it still didn't work. Also the throwing it in the VLC didn't yield much success either for these folks. It's all in this twitter thread if you go back a bit and read through the problems.

The solution was for Meat to upload the vids to You Tube and the vids worked for everyone there without having to mess around with trying to "fix" the computer to view the videos. For us computer neanderthals :-), myself obviously included, I wouldn't know about how to fix the problem without help from people like you and others on this site who have tried to help those who couldn't view.

Suzieq

I'm sure quite a few start to feel baffled by terms like codex etc ;)

And surely the thing to remember is that there's a promotional aspect to Meat's Tweets :) He has close to 8 thousand followers, most of whom probably don't visit here, and many of whom may just click on a link and if it doesn't work for them may simply shrug and move on (computer neanderthals or not) .. so the more places it's viewable, and the more easily it can be accessed, the better I would have thought.

I love to view the Tweets, and took Sarge's advice, downloading VLC media player which enables me to view them even though my Quicktime refuses to co-operate .. but were I one of the thousands who buy Meat's albums and go to a concert when he's on tour but don't spend much time on fanclub websites, I'd probably have given up on the ones I couldn't view.

Caryl

Pudding 13 Nov 2009 21:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by CarylB (Post 474110)
And surely the thing to remember is that there's a promotional aspect to Meat's Tweets :) He has close to 8 thousand followers

I don't think there's any promotional aspect to Meats tweets at all, 8 thousand followers aint going to sell an album. Maybe Meat just wants to share a bit of an insight into how an album is created and what he gets up to and nothing more :shrug: If it was for a promotional aspect then it would be more professional, the clips Meat is recording are anything but professional, nothing more than a bit of fun.

CarylB 13 Nov 2009 22:40

And I do .. yes, they're fun .. but they also have snippets and items about the new album to get people's interest .. and for those who like Meat Loaf generally imo one of the things they like IS his sense of fun ..

I'm not saying, nor did I say, that they are a key promotional activity, but imo 8,000 followers can't be a bad thing, and most of his tweets are about a new album, so to me there is some promotional aspect to/potential in them ..

So again we need to agree to disagree ..

Caryl

florence75015 13 Nov 2009 23:13

I agree both with Suzanne and Caryl :

- The videos are now not available for everybody. Putting them back on Youtube had solved the problem, I therefore hope that Meat will upload them on his account again.

- Whatever the word we use, "promotional" or other, Twitter enables Meat to gain more exposure and that really matters. Furthermore, the interest in using Twitter is the fact that people can "re-tweet" your messages then reaching more persons.
So, it's not only 8.000 followers who read Meat's tweets but way more thanks to the RT.

Florence

suzieq 14 Nov 2009 04:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pudding (Post 474124)
I don't think there's any promotional aspect to Meats tweets at all, 8 thousand followers aint going to sell an album. Maybe Meat just wants to share a bit of an insight into how an album is created and what he gets up to and nothing more :shrug: If it was for a promotional aspect then it would be more professional, the clips Meat is recording are anything but professional, nothing more than a bit of fun.

You mean to tell me there is nothing professional about one of Meat's recent tweets with McKenna and Luna taking liberties and checking out each other's junk in their trunk? :lol:

C'Mon that is a strategy that cannot fail. I actually found that hysterically normal for me. As if that was a clip out of my own life, because I've seen my share of all that between my pets.

Sorry Caryl, agreeing with Pud here, I would tend to err on the side that this was a fun move and not at all into the promotional aspect of the new album.

Suzieq

Pudding 14 Nov 2009 04:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by suzieq (Post 474149)
Sorry Caryl, agreeing with Pud here, I would tend to err on the side that this was a fun move and not at all into the promotional aspect of the new album.

And of course you would be wise to agree with me :))

I'd say a lot of us have a blogspot or Facebook accounts where we post snippets of our day and update anyone who's interested of what we have or will be up to. Meat's no different, except he chooses Twitter as his outlet of personal expression. He is human too, not EVERYTHING he does has to be for the sole purpose of selling music, I'd like to think he isn't an industry whore :shock:

suzieq 14 Nov 2009 06:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pudding (Post 474150)
And of course you would be wise to agree with me :))

Hmmm....I've never been told I was wise. EVER! (Silver lining to agreeing with Pud).

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pudding (Post 474150)
I'd say a lot of us have a blogspot or Facebook accounts where we post snippets of our day and update anyone who's interested of what we have or will be up to. Meat's no different, except he chooses Twitter as his outlet of personal expression. He is human too, not EVERYTHING he does has to be for the sole purpose of selling music, I'd like to think he isn't an industry whore :shock:

IMO, Meat is definitely not an industry whore and yet he is real private in his personal life and personal expression. So this avenue of twitter could have made him more neurotic, but to the contrary he is quite good at putting his guard down.

Suzieq

CarylB 14 Nov 2009 14:54

I didn't suggest the Twitter snippets were a prime promotional tool, merely in defending their getting as wide an audience as possible said that there is imo a promotional "aspect" to them .. and to imply that this would make Meat an "industry whore" is as specious as it is plain daft.

Not all of them are of pups .. sniffing behinds or not .. Many are snippets from the album, feature guests on the album .. and these result in many comments of excitement here, with people saying they are really looking forward to the album .. Who is to say (apart from Pud perhaps) that there will be other people who do not visit or comment here, do not experience the same excitement and interest in what the album will be like, at how it may be different and new etc etc.

I did not suggest that Meat is using Twitter as a promoptional tool .. indeed he lhao at those who suggested in the beginning that they were carefully scripted .. They are fun, sure.

However, if watching them arouses interest in fans who do not visit this fansite (and currently Meat doesn't currently have an official fansite which offers much (except the link to Twitter .. so one would assume he wants fans who search out his official site to actually GO to Twitter) .. if it arouses that level of interest, then it's useful .. and IMO useful that as many as possible can actually view the things. And if any of those convert to sales of the album or bums on seats at a concert, they've had a beneficial effect .. which is the promotional aspect I was talking about.

An official fansite has a promotional aspect in that it is the performer's window to the world .. Meat's Twitter page is currently his official means of communicatiing with his fans around the world. To have an official site doesn't make any performer an "industry whore" .. it just makes sense!

Caryl

suzieq 14 Nov 2009 16:39

I see what you are saying Caryl. And I can see the possibility of viewers of tweets converting into sales.

Suzieq

Pudding 14 Nov 2009 20:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by CarylB (Post 474164)
with people saying they are really looking forward to the album .. Who is to say (apart from Pud perhaps) that there will be other people who do not visit or comment here, do not experience the same excitement and interest in what the album will be like, at how it may be different and new etc etc.

You're just making shit up aren't you? :nuts: I've never said I wasn't looking forward to the album and I've never said people outside of MLUKFC won't be excited about it either. I might not fall over myself on everything Meat does thinking it's fantastic or hang off every single word he says as if he's some deity, but that doesn't make me any less of a Meat Loaf fan.

Quote:

Originally Posted by CarylB (Post 474164)
I did not suggest that Meat is using Twitter as a promoptional tool ..

Really? Then who the hell wrote this "And surely the thing to remember is that there's a promotional aspect to Meat's Tweets :)"

Quote:

Originally Posted by CarylB (Post 474164)
To have an official site doesn't make any performer an "industry whore" .. it just makes sense!

And nobody said it did, what was said was "not EVERYTHING he does has to be for the sole purpose of selling music"

Quote:

Originally Posted by suzieq (Post 474168)
I see what you are saying Caryl. And I can see the possibility of viewers of tweets converting into sales.

The people that are following Meat on Twitter would have probably bought the album regardless if Meat twittered or not.

CarylB 14 Nov 2009 20:35

No real point in taking this any further as you'll continue to take phrases and imply something not meant. I did not say you weren't looking forward to the album .. just said you'd probably argue the point I was making .. as indeed you have done. And for the final time

I said there was a PROMOTIONAL ASPECT .. I did not say the Tweets were simply a promotional tool ..

As to:
Quote:

I might not fall over myself on everything Meat does thinking it's fantastic or hang off every single word he says as if he's some deity, but that doesn't make me any less of a Meat Loaf fan.
Always the same old fiddle and same old tune.

Caryl

Dave 14 Nov 2009 20:47

Ummm...you can follow people's tweets on twitter and never click the follow button on twitter. That is what rss feeds are for. The "nearly eight thousand" could very well be much higher than that. Just a thought.

roomster 14 Nov 2009 21:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 474179)
Ummm...you can follow people's tweets on twitter and never click the follow button on twitter. That is what rss feeds are for. The "nearly eight thousand" could very well be much higher than that. Just a thought.

I am one of those :-)

Pudding 14 Nov 2009 23:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by CarylB (Post 474178)
Always the same old fiddle and same old tune.

Caryl

Then change the record ;)

suzieq 15 Nov 2009 03:28

So anyway, about Justin's mustache ..... it seems not to have gotten in the way of his guitar playing :)

Suzieq

Evil One 15 Nov 2009 03:32

Did he often play guitar with his face then?

suzieq 15 Nov 2009 03:36

No, the mustache is becoming quite robust though...and a change of focus may be better for the forum :)

duke knooby 15 Nov 2009 15:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by CarylB (Post 474178)
Always the same old fiddle and same old tune.

Caryl

well, if we can't have a banjo, theres nothin wrong with having a fiddle every now and again :shock:

Evil One 15 Nov 2009 17:02

Does anyone really want to think of Caryl fiddling? :D

Pudding 16 Nov 2009 04:27

:wtf: :barf: :faint:

RSG 21 Nov 2009 23:27

It's been said they recorded 15 tracks, something tells me there will be 13 on the record. And 2 extra for b-sides on singles. It is a matter of time until we hear a single track from the album.
And could Meat really pull off "Los Angeloser" haha, time will tell.

Dave 22 Nov 2009 18:32

Meat can pull off way more than any of us can imagine!

RSG 22 Nov 2009 18:40

True. :D

Vickip 22 Nov 2009 20:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 474500)
Meat can pull off way more than any of us can imagine!

Absolutely :))

suzieq 22 Nov 2009 20:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 474500)
Meat can pull off way more than any of us can imagine!

Agreed!

duke knooby 22 Nov 2009 23:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 474500)
Meat can pull off way more than any of us can imagine!

:shock: pmsl

Pudding 23 Nov 2009 01:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by duke knooby (Post 474517)
:shock: pmsl

LMAO :lmao: No one can beat the Meat :shock:

RSG 23 Nov 2009 14:07

Pudding, for the record. I posted the childish cartoon on Rockman BEFORE your "beat the Meat" comment.

Pudding 23 Nov 2009 23:05

RSG, for the record, this aint the Rockman ;)

RSG 23 Nov 2009 23:20

lol :)

nikox1 24 Nov 2009 23:34

jack black on the new album? and a small clip of los angeloser:D

snider22 25 Nov 2009 00:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by nikox1 (Post 474645)
and a small clip of los angeloser:D

Great tweets today, and i have listened to that clip several times, Los Angeloser sounds like it will be nothing short of awesome.:D

roomster 25 Nov 2009 00:04

Maybe the album title will be "Los Angeloser"?

nikox1 25 Nov 2009 00:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by roomster (Post 474650)
Maybe the album title will be "Los Angeloser"?

do you know something?:shock::D
thats not a bad title for the album

RSG 25 Nov 2009 00:27

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ljT6TGpO_zo

I don't hear the snippet that sounds like this song. 4 seconds, I waited 10 minutes for that video to load to hear 4 seconds! ;) Give us more! And its ~~~~ing awesome that Jack Black is in the studio. He's up there with Meat as far as vocalists go.

nikox1 25 Nov 2009 00:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by RSG (Post 474656)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ljT6TGpO_zo

I don't hear the snippet that sounds like this song. 4 seconds, I waited 10 minutes for that video to load to hear 4 seconds! ;) Give us more! And its ~~~~ing awesome that Jack Black is in the studio. He's up there with Meat as far as vocalists go.

jack and meat in the same building, sounds wild!!

nikox1 25 Nov 2009 00:39

whats the name of the album? enough is enough meat:lol:

Vickip 25 Nov 2009 01:01

Jack Black is so cool ! I would love to hear Jack & Meat singing together :))
I listened to song snippet a couple of times now .. I didn't realize it was Los Angeloser !

I love how Meat's having fun keeping us in suspense .. but I really want to hear more :lol:

clpmss 25 Nov 2009 01:25

I loved Jack Black too...they are such silly guys

Vickip 25 Nov 2009 02:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by clpmss (Post 474662)
I loved Jack Black too...they are such silly guys

Definitely :))

suzieq 25 Nov 2009 03:58

Mixing the
Titled but not tellin' album.
Meat on a motorcycle.
Jack Black in the house.

Ah a great Tuesday. Thanx Meat.
Suzieq

Pudding 25 Nov 2009 05:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by nikox1 (Post 474652)
do you know something?:shock::D
thats not a bad title for the album

Yes it is.

And Jack Black sucks, not a fan of his at all :nope:


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 09:58.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright ©1999 - mlukfc.com
Made by R.


Page generated in 0.09664 seconds with 11 queries.