mlukfc.com Forums

mlukfc.com Forums (https://www.mlukfc.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic (https://www.mlukfc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Post your thoughts (https://www.mlukfc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4661)

mszee 15 Mar 2009 06:40

And oh yeah...no reason to tell me I look retarded in that picture...I know it already...Foy told me to go outside and he will come out to take a picture...of course, I immediately had to go to the bathroom...as I came out, I passed him running out towards the exit...Dan is trying to get me back, I turn around and see Foy Vance waving at me to come over...I missed him by a mile...that's when I went cuckoo completely...

duke knooby 15 Mar 2009 14:56

was a good gig then???????

mszee 15 Mar 2009 17:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by duke knooby (Post 458599)
was a good gig then???????

Good isn't the right word...we will have to talk about this...maybe you're used to this seeing Duke and all...but we have never seen anything like this...still can't listen to a single sound of music...still digesting what I've seen and heard...

duke knooby 15 Mar 2009 17:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by mszee (Post 458609)
Good isn't the right word...we will have to talk about this...maybe you're used to this seeing Duke and all...but we have never seen anything like this...still can't listen to a single sound of music...still digesting what I've seen and heard...

that doesn't sound good... ahwell

great pic btw... he's changed his hat lol

mszee 15 Mar 2009 18:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by duke knooby (Post 458610)
that doesn't sound good... ahwell

great pic btw... he's changed his hat lol

Well, I tried MSN you ain't there...it IS good...that's how I take music in...if it blows me completely away then I can't listen to anything for a while...

You should have seen the hat though...it looked like some homeless dude wouldn't wear...lol...

duke knooby 15 Mar 2009 18:07

is it fair to say, that no youtube clip quite catches being there?

mszee 15 Mar 2009 18:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by duke knooby (Post 458612)
is it fair to say, that no youtube clip quite catches being there?

Oh no...no...not even close...I wasn't prepared at all...people who never heard of Foy Vance but came to see other artists were crying...I opened my mouth and forgot to close it...

Mind yourself...other artists were VERY good...but only when Foy came on...if I was those other artists, I would have immediately quit the business...

mszee 15 Mar 2009 18:14

Needless to say that I was catching those crying ones and turning them on to Duke too...although there were plenty of people there who actually came to see Duke not knowing that he isn't there...before Foy place was semi-empty...I felt bad...when Foy came on the place was already packed solid...when he finished there was mass exodus...seeing the reception he said he'll be coming back...

duke knooby 15 Mar 2009 18:18

as long as you enjoyed it lol

mszee 15 Mar 2009 18:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by duke knooby (Post 458616)
as long as you enjoyed it lol

Again, enjoyed isn't the right word...blown away is closer but still no cigar...ran home and ordered his CD at 2 am in the morning...lol...

Those Youtube clips are like Foy on heavy sedatives in comparison to live performance...lol...

mszee 15 Mar 2009 18:21

By the way, you avatar now is my most favorite picture of Duke...

duke knooby 15 Mar 2009 18:25

did he just stick to the guitar for that show??

mszee 15 Mar 2009 18:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by duke knooby (Post 458620)
did he just stick to the guitar for that show??

Yeah, also some keyboards, but he was doing all kinds of crazy stuff...he used 2 microphones, recorded himself through one and then played himself back in a loop...he played guitar with his teeth or sang into the guitar...he did something with keyboards too...it was truly surreal cause impression was that you're listening to the band and backup singers...

duke knooby 15 Mar 2009 18:30

where he builds the song in layers???

mszee 15 Mar 2009 18:30

Since audience wouldn't let him go and he ran out of his time, set up time for the next guy and the next guy's time...he arranged it so that audience was doing sing along while he was busy packing himself...it was kinda funny to realize that he is just trying to get away from us while we were busy singing along...

mszee 15 Mar 2009 18:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by duke knooby (Post 458624)
where he builds the song in layers???

I think this is what it was...honestly we've never seen or heard anything like this so I can't tell...

Betty 15 Mar 2009 21:32

Zina, I´m glad you had a brilliant time!!

Ok, two engagements at one day...Did I miss something??? Is it engagement day??
Bet none of the two couples will actually get married in the end :roll:

mszee 15 Mar 2009 22:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by Betty (Post 458638)
Zina, I´m glad you had a brilliant time!!

Ok, two engagements at one day...Did I miss something??? Is it engagement day??
Bet none of the two couples will actually get married in the end :roll:

Betty...if you have even a slight chance to see this man in concert...go for it...it was off the charts amazing!!!

There comes a time when all of a sudden everybody gets engaged, then married, then - children...the trick is not to get caught in this but just follow your own course and do what is right for you!!!

JanT 15 Mar 2009 22:32

Folk are disappearing from my FaceBook friends and I'm wondering why :shock:

Betty 15 Mar 2009 23:09

:bicker: :wall: :evil: !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

duke knooby 15 Mar 2009 23:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by Betty (Post 458642)
:bicker: :wall: :evil: !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

what happened?? and is it my fault?

Betty 15 Mar 2009 23:40

relax and enjoy your pizza. tis not your fault

SamCat 16 Mar 2009 00:30

Betty I keep missing you lol!! Jonathon Wilkes is going on tour with WWRY and guess what part he's playing?!!!! Ha ha you'll never guess lol!!

Battybarb 16 Mar 2009 01:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by JanT (Post 458641)
Folk are disappearing from my FaceBook friends and I'm wondering why :shock:

ive been having the same problem Jan

mszee 16 Mar 2009 02:14

Well, cheer up...I didn't even know I know as many people as are my friends now on the facebook...lol...actually I didn't check if any of them disappeared...hmmm...