mlukfc.com Forums

mlukfc.com Forums (https://www.mlukfc.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic (https://www.mlukfc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Post your thoughts (https://www.mlukfc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4661)

sexyeyes_jo 19 Jun 2009 00:35

well i just buried my dad yesterday with the same thing as one of your nephews but my dad was 47 and he shouldn't even be dead the reason why he is dead is because of a ~~~~ing no good ~~~~ of a doctor who treated him with a ~~~~ing chest infection he had a blood clot on the lung and it killed him but 3 years ago in the same year my nan, my nan's brother and my ex died all in the same year and now my life will never be the same but it just seems like everything good seems to happen to me it always turns bad

mszee 19 Jun 2009 04:24

Sorry, Jo, for your pain...I remember mine as if it was yesterday...

I hate to post my own petty thoughts after the above...but what the hell...

We're back to Titanic then...read something interesting that I thought was kind of cool...

The last survivor of Titanic died just a couple of weeks ago. She was 9 weeks old when she was rescued from the sinking ship. It was never disclosed until now and it was not a public knowledge but apparently for a while she was taken care of financially by Leonardo DiCaprio and Kate Winslet...cool...

And the moral for all of us:

If you possess a priceless jewel...instead of throwing it to the bottom of the ocean, you might want to choose helping somebody less fortunate rather than feeling so bitter (or whatever the ~~~~) at the end of your days...and that's only one of the reasons why I hated the movie so much...

Pudding 19 Jun 2009 21:04

WTF? :wtf: it's only a movie.

mszee 19 Jun 2009 21:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pudding (Post 465010)
WTF? :wtf: it's only a movie.

I understand...I STILL don't understand why a woman with children and grandchildren keeps something so precious all her life and at the end of it dumps it into the ocean...if this movie pretended to be a serious movie at least it had to make some sense. If there is a sense to this, then I didn't get it....

The Flying Mouse 19 Jun 2009 21:49

:twisted: If I remember rightly, there was a bit of a grumble from the family of the officer who's shown shooting a passanger dead (before shooying himself) near the end of the movie.

If you've really really got to make a fictitious film about a true event, but careful you don't tread on someones reputation.

daveake 19 Jun 2009 21:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Flying Mouse (Post 465026)
If I remember rightly, there was a bit of a grumble from the family of the officer who's shown shooting a passanger dead (before shooying himself) near the end of the movie.

Ah, but don't forget that they had a secret plan - they made the movie so boring that no-one managed to get to the end.

Dave

MeatGrl1 19 Jun 2009 21:58

I actually love Titanic but then I am actually fascinated by the history of it and have been to a few exhibitions now and have literally been dragged away because like a sponge I wanted to read everything about it and soak it up.
The film I agree is very far fetched but is brilliant if you want to have a good cry, it's very heart wrenching at the end.

mszee 19 Jun 2009 22:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by daveake (Post 465030)
Ah, but don't forget that they had a secret plan - they made the movie so boring that no-one managed to get to the end.

Dave

I did cause that's when I woke up - at the end...my husband did too and he thinks that the movie had a somewhat happy ending...I will give you only one guess why...

RadioMaster 19 Jun 2009 22:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by daveake (Post 465030)

Dave

dito!!!!!!!!

Pudding 19 Jun 2009 22:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by mszee (Post 465015)
If there is a sense to this, then I didn't get it....

If you didn't get the symbolic nature the diamond had as the last link to Roses' past and throwing it in the ocean finally releases her from any connection she had to a man she was intending to marry but wasn't happy with, then no you probably didn't get it.

MeatGrl1 19 Jun 2009 22:07

Cal was an evil hateful bas tard, so glad she went against society and went with her heart, totally agree Pud, why would she want to be reminded of Cal when she had fantastic carefree memory's with Jack who sadly perished and only memory she has is the picture that he drew for her.

mszee 19 Jun 2009 22:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pudding (Post 465041)
If you didn't get the symbolic nature the diamond had as the last link to Roses' past and throwing it in the ocean finally releases her from any connection she had to a man she was intending to marry but wasn't happy with, then no you probably didn't get it.

Oh...well, tell it to Dan...he said that she sent it over to Leonardo DiCaprio for drowning him...:lmao:

Guess we both didn't get it...

mszee 19 Jun 2009 22:13

No, I still have to ask...why the feck did she wait until she was a 100? Wouldn't she want to get rid of it then and there??? Give it back to his family or something???

Did she like to be reminded of evil man all her life???

The Flying Mouse 19 Jun 2009 22:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pudding (Post 465041)

:twisted: Sorry, but in reality the only place that diamond would be thrown is on e bay :mrgreen:

mszee 19 Jun 2009 22:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by MeatGrl1 (Post 465046)
Cal was an evil hateful bas tard, so glad she went against society and went with her heart, totally agree Pud, why would she want to be reminded of Cal when she had fantastic carefree memory's with Jack who sadly perished and only memory she has is the picture that he drew for her.

But she kept it all her life!!! Guess I am too thick to get it...

MeatGrl1 19 Jun 2009 22:15

He was dead before she let him go, he died of hypothermia, hense when she lets him go she says weakly; "I'll never let go, Jack." It was a promise she made to him and she felt she owed it to him to survive because in those fateful moments he says to her;

"Don't you say that, don't you say your goodbyes.
Your going to go on and live an old lady and
die warm in your bed, not like this, not this night."

I'm getting emotional thinking about it, it's so very sad :(.

daveake 19 Jun 2009 22:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by mszee (Post 465037)
I did cause that's when I woke up - at the end...my husband did too and he thinks that the movie had a somewhat happy ending...I will give you only one guess why...

I'm not sure that my definition of a happy ending is fit for a family forum ... :twisted:

mszee 19 Jun 2009 22:17

See, Dan...she didn't drown him!!! You just judge all women by me!!!

I don't remember any of this anyway...

mszee 19 Jun 2009 22:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by daveake (Post 465060)
I'm not sure that my definition of a happy ending is fit for a family forum ... :twisted:

:lmao:

The Flying Mouse 19 Jun 2009 22:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by MeatGrl1 (Post 465058)
He was dead before she let him go, he died of hypothermia, hense when she lets him go she says weakly; "I'll never let go, Jack."

:twisted: I thought that part was funny as feck.

"I'll never let go"

He dies.

She shoves him off.

"Get off you frozen ~~~~~~~" :mrgreen:

MeatGrl1 19 Jun 2009 22:21

Only you would find that funny :shock: !!

I'm crying bucket loads :lol: !!

mszee 19 Jun 2009 22:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by MeatGrl1 (Post 465065)
Only you would find that funny :shock: !!

I'm crying bucket loads :lol: !!

Ummm...not only him...sorry...:lmao:

The Flying Mouse 19 Jun 2009 22:25

:twisted: Wasn't the funniest thing in the film though.

For instance, when the ship finally goes under, Jack & Rose are standing on the upturned stern of the ship, and then they simply step off the ship and into the Atlantic.
Anything that close to a fecking big piece of metal sinking at high speed will be dragged down with it as the ocean closes in to occupy the empty space left by the ship.
You've got to work hard to escape the drag factor of a sinking ship.

Biggest load of bollox i've ever seen.

Monstro 19 Jun 2009 22:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Flying Mouse (Post 465067)

Biggest load of bollox i've ever seen.

Jeez, from someone who's seen all the Star Wars films as well!!!!!

RadioMaster 19 Jun 2009 22:31

wtf? you cant compare a classic like star wars to schmalz crap like titanic!!! (well, at least not the original 3)