mlukfc.com Forums

mlukfc.com Forums (https://www.mlukfc.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic (https://www.mlukfc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Post your thoughts (https://www.mlukfc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4661)

The Flying Mouse 10 Jul 2009 12:59

:twisted: If Michael Ball dies, we're f*cked :shock:

After that MJ thread, I regret not sending the boys round to resuss him :doh:

The Flying Mouse 10 Jul 2009 13:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by duke knooby (Post 466846)
derren brown is fantastic!!!

:twisted: He is.

MeatGrl1 10 Jul 2009 13:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Flying Mouse (Post 466869)

:mad: Neil that is not even funny !

allrevvedup 10 Jul 2009 13:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pudding (Post 466863)
That 90 second rehearsal vid that came out last week he was obviously miming, even though the promoter was saying it was all live.

Yeah I saw that...all of this mind boggling and back to his best stuff was rubbish...the dance moves were good but he hadn't performed live in a long time and hadn't sung live for a much longer period

Pudding 10 Jul 2009 13:15

Quote:

LMAO :lmao: If Johnny Depp dies I'm leaving this forum for a month :))

MeatGrl1 10 Jul 2009 13:17

Wonders why she bothers with this forum !

I am seriously thinking of a hiatus !

Then again nobody would care if I did or I didn't...

mszee 10 Jul 2009 19:09

After a forced and enforced hiatus of my own...I find this hysterical...thanks to all who has entertained me just now during my very limited computer time these days...

Neil, Emma finally found something you've posted that wasn't funny...I would be extremely proud of yourself right about now if I were you...

allrevvedup 10 Jul 2009 19:47

welcome back...from wherever you weren't!

mszee 10 Jul 2009 20:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by allrevvedup (Post 466891)
welcome back...from wherever you weren't!

Thanks, I am actually going back there...lol

batcity 10 Jul 2009 21:30

actually quite relaxed TODAY!!! and thinking of having a nicorette gum (11 months since I smoked)

For crying out loud 10 Jul 2009 22:24

just a quick question to the mods, i thought we wernt allowed to use racist or offensive language on this site. am i correct in thinking this?

MeatGrl1 10 Jul 2009 22:49

Yes I believe they are, I am still livid over those comments in the R.I.P Michael thread, if a mod looks on here I beg you, please can you remove those words ?!

Thank you !

Pudding 10 Jul 2009 23:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by MeatGrl1 (Post 466875)
Wonders why she bothers with this forum !

I wondered that too...

batcity 10 Jul 2009 23:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pudding (Post 466910)
I wondered that too...

ditto!!!

oh the thread is locked that was yesterday in the words of the song "for crying out loud" and this is today. and with the immortal word of the songs by the eagles "Get Over It"

Skeleton 10 Jul 2009 23:52

Now I understand why I have a little odd feeling and insomnia..

It's a full moon.. :D

Wario 10 Jul 2009 23:57

Quote:

Figures, my most popular thread would get locked

Dont I deserve an award? For "Most popular Thread thats been locked"?

I think I do

SamCat 11 Jul 2009 10:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by For crying out loud (Post 466908)
just a quick question to the mods, i thought we wernt allowed to use racist or offensive language on this site. am i correct in thinking this?

Yes i always thought we weren't allowed but i think the rules have changed and its ok for SOME people to do it and to insult other members and generally act like schoolyard bullies without any punishment!! I just hope the new members that join (replacing the ones that are leaving because of this) dont read these people's comments and think we are all racist bullies i know i've left sites straight away cos i have read something on my first visit and never gone back!!

Betty 11 Jul 2009 12:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by SamCat (Post 466949)
Yes i always thought we weren't allowed but i think the rules have changed and its ok for SOME people to do it and to insult other members and generally act like schoolyard bullies without any punishment!! I just hope the new members that join (replacing the ones that are leaving because of this) dont read these people's comments and think we are all racist bullies i know i've left sites straight away cos i have read something on my first visit and never gone back!!

CHSIB

I canīt understand why the mods donīt react to some people.
Others have been banned for less!!!!!
It fascinates and worries me that some people are allowed to insult people in the worst of ways and they just get away with it. Several times, again and again!!
Personally I gotta say that I stopped reading regularly and posting a few weeks ago cos I just couldnīt stand anymore what was going on here (and still is! Hang on, it even gets worse these days...)
I had so many things to say to certain peoples posts but because I didnīt want to go down to their levels I chose the, in my opinion, wiser way and stayed away.
I loved this site, met a lot of great people on here and at concerts etc. Some of them even became close friends of mine and Iīm proud and happy to have them as a part of my life!
But this site has become a forum for people with no respect for other people and their opinions, a forum for people with an apparently very weak and pathetic social life and sadly a forum without any rules or at least different rules for different people.
I donīt think the meaning of this site is to make you feel uncomfortable or even angry when you read stuff on here but thatīs what it actually does for weeks now!
Itīs a shame how fast all this here went downhill, especially when you think about how simple the ways to STOP it are!!!!

Elijah's way 11 Jul 2009 14:50

Yeah I think it's really ridiculous that I post a new thread and it gets deleted before anyone gets to read it but people that use racial slurs are still allowed to be a member and post more nonsense. :mad:

RadioMaster 11 Jul 2009 15:23

looks like ive missed something important last night....shame

duke knooby 11 Jul 2009 16:42

bloody brakes.. hate doing brakes

now the brakes are broken :angry:

R. 11 Jul 2009 17:58

I'm coming back to this here in this thread - I'll split this into an extra thread if needed ...

Quote:

Originally Posted by RHStoned (Post 466954)
Yeah I think it's really ridiculous that I post a new thread and it gets deleted before anyone gets to read it but people that use racial slurs are still allowed to be a member and post more nonsense. :mad:

Well, given the nature of content in your two threads - I don't think it's ridiculous at all. With regard to the now closed MJ thread - we really don't need any explicit details of what MJ was accused to have done. People who are interested in this stuff can use Google or Bing anytime to find this "information".

Quote:

Originally Posted by Betty (Post 466952)
CHSIB

I canīt understand why the mods donīt react to some people.
Others have been banned for less!!!!!
It fascinates and worries me that some people are allowed to insult people in the worst of ways and they just get away with it. Several times, again and again!!
Personally I gotta say that I stopped reading regularly and posting a few weeks ago cos I just couldnīt stand anymore what was going on here (and still is! Hang on, it even gets worse these days...)
I had so many things to say to certain peoples posts but because I didnīt want to go down to their levels I chose the, in my opinion, wiser way and stayed away.
I loved this site, met a lot of great people on here and at concerts etc. Some of them even became close friends of mine and Iīm proud and happy to have them as a part of my life!
But this site has become a forum for people with no respect for other people and their opinions, a forum for people with an apparently very weak and pathetic social life and sadly a forum without any rules or at least different rules for different people.
I donīt think the meaning of this site is to make you feel uncomfortable or even angry when you read stuff on here but thatīs what it actually does for weeks now!
Itīs a shame how fast all this here went downhill, especially when you think about how simple the ways to STOP it are!!!!

Kinda difficult to start an answer here, but let's see ...
Since beginning of this year, there have been roughly 15000 posts and 15(!) of them have been reported. On some of these reports we reacted, others we ignored in favor of a more relaxed forum moderation. I can only speak of me now, but during the last half year I have approximately read 10% of the above number, because I simply had no time. And that includes those reports above. That said, it would help us big time if people actually reported what pisses them off. This is way more effective than analyzing each and every post for possible offenses. Other than that, we'll try harder to moderate more efficiently and less relaxed than during the last year. That's a promise.

AndrewG 11 Jul 2009 18:06

Thanks R..
Indeed I always forget about the damn report button!!! :doh:

Evil One 11 Jul 2009 18:33

There are many things I always forget.

daveake 11 Jul 2009 18:44

I sometimes forget to fini