mlukfc.com Forums

mlukfc.com Forums (https://www.mlukfc.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic (https://www.mlukfc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Post your thoughts (https://www.mlukfc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4661)

Evil One 11 Jul 2009 18:47

Where's this Bing suddenly appeared from anyway?

Elijah's way 11 Jul 2009 20:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by R. (Post 466965)
I'm coming back to this here in this thread - I'll split this into an extra thread if needed ...

Well, given the nature of content in your two threads - I don't think it's ridiculous at all. With regard to the now closed MJ thread - we really don't need any explicit details of what MJ was accused to have done. People who are interested in this stuff can use Google or Bing anytime to find this "information".

Kinda difficult to start an answer here, but let's see ...
Since beginning of this year, there have been roughly 15000 posts and 15(!) of them have been reported. On some of these reports we reacted, others we ignored in favor of a more relaxed forum moderation. I can only speak of me now, but during the last half year I have approximately read 10% of the above number, because I simply had no time. And that includes those reports above. That said, it would help us big time if people actually reported what pisses them off. This is way more effective than analyzing each and every post for possible offenses. Other than that, we'll try harder to moderate more efficiently and less relaxed than during the last year. That's a promise.

Yes it's very ridiculous and the first post was a stupid accident and I didn't make any racial slurs :mad:
And I'm very much aware that Google or Bing exists so when other people start threads about MJ you should probably inform them of that as well.

The Flying Mouse 11 Jul 2009 21:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by RHStoned (Post 466987)
yes it's very ridiculous and the first post was a stupid accident and I didn't make any racial slurs :mad:

:twisted: No, but you did post two threads about MJ, one of them with a link saying that MJ was guild of child abuse (and I found the details of what Jordan Chandler accused of him explicit and blatantly sensationalist to flog a few papers.Believe me here folks, the details given in that article made me want to hurl my lunch and bleach my eyes) and the other claimed that JC had "come clean" and admitted he's lied.

I PM'd you why I removed the threads, and I said that anyone who is trully interested will have no problem finding both of them on the net.

You even admitted to me that you had not even read the first article before you copied and pasted it here.
Let me say that again for clarity.
You posted an article giving disgustingly explicit details of what Michael Jackson was accused of here on the forum without even taking the time to read what you copied and pasted.

You agreed with my decission to delete the threads and the reasons I had for deleting them.
No infraction was given (or a warning, or even a negative tone).
No foul, no penalty.

Now you are complaining about it here on the open forum.

If you have any further issues about why those threads were deleted (as the forum rules stipulate, any disagreement with a mod decission must be handled through PM and not posted on the forum) feel free to PM myself or another staff member to discuss it.
That way you might avoid another public bollocking like this and save your blushes.

ANY further MJ threads posted on this forum will be closely watched by the staff.
If we decide the content is likely to lead to a row, we'll delete it.
As soon as it looks like it's going that way, it'll be locked.

Elijah's way 11 Jul 2009 21:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Flying Mouse (Post 466989)
:twisted: No, but you did post two threads about MJ, one of them with a link saying that MJ was guild of child abuse (and I found the details of what Jordan Chandler accused of him explicit and blatantly sensationalist to flof a few papers.Believe me here folks, the details given in that article made me want to hurl my lunch and bleach my eyes) and the other claimed that JC had "come clean" and admitted he's lied.

I PM'd you why I removed the threads, and I said that anyone who is trully interested will have no problem finding both of them on the net.

You even admitted to me that you had not even read the first article before you copied and pasted it here.
Let me say that again for clarity.
You posted an article giving disgustingly explicit details of what Michael Jackson was accused of here on the forum without even taking the time to read what you copied and pasted.

You agreed with my decission to delete the threads and the reasons I had for deleting them.
No infraction was given (or a warning, or even a negative tone).
No foul, no penalty.

Now you are complaining about it here on the open forum.

If you have any further issues about why those threads were deleted (as the forum rules stipulate, and disagreement with a mod decission must be handled through PM and not posted on the forum) feel free to PM myself or another staff member to discuss it.
That way you might avoid another public bullocking like this and save your blushes.

The only reason I have said anything about it is because none of you done anything about the racial slurs so save your blushes. And yes I admit that I stupidly posted the first one by mistake I have nothing to blush about I think it is the people who are running this forum that has every reason to be blushing.

R. 11 Jul 2009 21:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by RHStoned (Post 466992)
The only reason I have said anything about it is because none of you done anything about the racial slurs so save your blushes. And yes I admit that I stupidly posted the first one by mistake I have nothing to blush about I think it is the people who are running this forum that has every reason to be blushing.

The post in question have been dealt with. If you have further issues with the way the forum is run, post your feedback in the appropriate forum area and leave this thread for people who want to post their thoughts.

Thank you.

SW31 12 Jul 2009 00:53

has had a good day today

Battybarb 12 Jul 2009 02:48

thats good Chris

Battybarb 12 Jul 2009 02:49

OMG...just cannot sleep !!!!!!

duke knooby 12 Jul 2009 16:06

far far far far too much alcohol

(or maybe too much poteen)

allrevvedup 12 Jul 2009 16:43

was that the reason for your text last night?

RadioMaster 12 Jul 2009 16:50

i didnt get a text...tut tut

Pudding 12 Jul 2009 22:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by R. (Post 466965)
I'm coming back to this here in this thread

Then don't go away :lmao:

Battybarb 13 Jul 2009 00:42

got loads done today,shattered now,hopefully will sleep tonight...if not got nice bottle of wine in fridge...lol

duke knooby 13 Jul 2009 02:18

that was a much much much smaller fire than last year... still big though

Pudding 13 Jul 2009 02:29

Can't cope with Playhouse Disney any longer :panic:

Wario 13 Jul 2009 03:47

Why have I lost 2000 VR points in Mario Kart Wii last night. Bloody hell

duke knooby 13 Jul 2009 16:38

the brakes have beaten me... more tools required
ie... someone else will have to do them :-P

mszee 13 Jul 2009 16:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by Betty (Post 466952)
CHSIB

I canīt understand why the mods donīt react to some people.
Others have been banned for less!!!!!
It fascinates and worries me that some people are allowed to insult people in the worst of ways and they just get away with it. Several times, again and again!!
Personally I gotta say that I stopped reading regularly and posting a few weeks ago cos I just couldnīt stand anymore what was going on here (and still is! Hang on, it even gets worse these days...)
I had so many things to say to certain peoples posts but because I didnīt want to go down to their levels I chose the, in my opinion, wiser way and stayed away.
I loved this site, met a lot of great people on here and at concerts etc. Some of them even became close friends of mine and Iīm proud and happy to have them as a part of my life!
But this site has become a forum for people with no respect for other people and their opinions, a forum for people with an apparently very weak and pathetic social life and sadly a forum without any rules or at least different rules for different people.
I donīt think the meaning of this site is to make you feel uncomfortable or even angry when you read stuff on here but thatīs what it actually does for weeks now!
Itīs a shame how fast all this here went downhill, especially when you think about how simple the ways to STOP it are!!!!

Agreed on all points

For crying out loud 13 Jul 2009 17:06

tell me about it! it feels like there is a slight degree of bullying going on from the mod to RHstoned above. especially as this thread states "post your thoughts" and that is exactly what he is doing. it seems to me that the mods have messed up recently and are now trying to silence anyone who questions their moderating.

Elijah's way 13 Jul 2009 17:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by For crying out loud (Post 467078)
tell me about it! it feels like there is a slight degree of bullying going on from the mod to RHstoned above. especially as this thread states "post your thoughts" and that is exactly what he is doing. it seems to me that the mods have messed up recently and are now trying to silence anyone who questions their moderating.

Yeah it does feel that way. It's a crying shame I can't post my thoughts without being bullied by the mod team.

Thank you for realizing that.

Elijah's way 13 Jul 2009 17:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by R. (Post 466993)
The post in question have been dealt with. If you have further issues with the way the forum is run, post your feedback in the appropriate forum area and leave this thread for people who want to post their thoughts.

Thank you.

That's what I was doing posting my thoughts at least that's what I thought I was doing perhaps you should show me the proper way to do that. :roll:

samurai7 13 Jul 2009 17:38

wonders how long it's gonna take before the hateful emails start coming my way after the vid I shared...

For crying out loud 13 Jul 2009 18:36

why? although to be fair with how this site is at the mo, i'de take no notice if i were you. insults and mocking seem to be in favour. i liked it :D

mszee 13 Jul 2009 18:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by For crying out loud (Post 467096)
why? although to be fair with how this site is at the mo, i'de take no notice if i were you. insults and mocking seem to be in favour. i liked it :D

I don't think he is talking about this site...

~Helen~ 13 Jul 2009 21:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by samurai7 (Post 467086)
wonders how long it's gonna take before the hateful emails start coming my way after the vid I shared...

Quote:

Originally Posted by For crying out loud (Post 467096)

Quote:

Originally Posted by mszee (Post 467097)
I don't think he is talking about this site...

I think Zina's right... though I still say take no notice. The videos - Paradise especially - are fantastic! And you have some great girls singing with you too. If "someone" feels the necessity to spam someone else's videos on YT, that says more about them than it does about the video they're commenting on...except in confirming the quality of the tribute act ;-)