mlukfc.com Forums

mlukfc.com Forums (https://www.mlukfc.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic (https://www.mlukfc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Post your thoughts (https://www.mlukfc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4661)

RadioMaster 28 Apr 2010 08:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by duke knooby (Post 493627)
theres a new nightmare on elmstreet??? awesome :D

yup. with the guy from watchmen playing freddy

MeatGrl1 28 Apr 2010 14:15

Am hungry.

Ignoring message left on answer phone by boss, think she's trying to get me to go in this afternoon but I've already made plans to meet mum and see Gran, going to play ignornace and say I didn't get it til late :bleh:.
Also joy recieved my letter telling me to attend this disciplinrery for time keeping... Wonderful :roll:.

Another reason I don't want to return the call !!

daveake 28 Apr 2010 14:37

Isn't it ironic that those "please do not print this email unless it's really necessary" paragraphs that some companies attach to all their emails are just long enough to make the email print over two pages ....?

MeatGrl1 28 Apr 2010 14:59

Why have I got MJ's 1993 Grammy speech in my head ?!!?

LOL Random I know but there you go :lol: !!

tonyloaf 28 Apr 2010 15:39

spag bowl or pasta bake???

AndyK 28 Apr 2010 16:31

Talking to some people at our office in deepest darkest Zomerzet really is like talking back in time to someone form the 1970s :lmao:

duke knooby 28 Apr 2010 16:50

not a popular tyre size anymore it would appear...

my BRAND NEW tyres were made in 2001 and 2003 :lmao:

RadioMaster 28 Apr 2010 17:32

~~~~ flights doubled in price over 24 hrs

mszee 28 Apr 2010 18:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by RadioMaster (Post 493746)
~~~~ flights doubled in price over 24 hrs

Those are pretty volatile...just keep on checking different days and times...it doesn't make any sense but sometimes the next day is cheaper than the previous day and so on...

duke knooby 28 Apr 2010 18:25

:shock:

just got a classic insurance quote for £9,999 lol

daveake 28 Apr 2010 18:37

For one kidney or both of them?

RadioMaster 28 Apr 2010 19:09

if there'd really be such a thing as a Los Angeloser...

...he'd probably look like this:

http://media.mlxxfc.net/Ronnysmall.jpg

the sunglasses give me that nice little douchebag touch lol

mszee 28 Apr 2010 19:12

Let me explain something to you, RJ...even if you looked like American (I guess sunglasses put you into a whole new nation category)...the office where you sit will give you away in a heartbeat...for the most part our shitholes don't look like German offices...and where you sit is typical...

samurai7 28 Apr 2010 19:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by RadioMaster (Post 493775)
if there'd really be such a thing as a Los Angeloser...

...he'd probably look like this:

http://media.mlxxfc.net/Ronnysmall.jpg

the sunglasses give me that nice little douchebag touch lol

um... there appears to be a Mac next to you running WinXP?! :shock:

RadioMaster 28 Apr 2010 19:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by mszee (Post 493777)
Let me explain something to you, RJ...even if you looked like American (I guess sunglasses put you into a whole new nation category)...the office where you sit will give you away in a heartbeat...for the most part our shitholes don't look like German offices...and where you sit is typical...

so, what does an american office look like?

duke knooby 28 Apr 2010 19:47

are they heavy duty t shirts?

AndyK 28 Apr 2010 19:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by RadioMaster (Post 493775)

That picture is a perfect example of what we in the IT inductry call a PICNIC :))

mszee 28 Apr 2010 20:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by RadioMaster (Post 493780)
so, what does an american office look like?

I did write above that most offices here look like shitholes...not all...but most...at least in my area which is pretty darn old anyway...

I do know how German office looks cause I used to work for the company doing business with Germans...and when they came to visit us...they ran out in panic and furnished the office THEIR way...which was exactly the way it looks in your picture...

PanicLord 28 Apr 2010 21:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by daveake (Post 493731)
Isn't it ironic that those "please do not print this email unless it's really necessary" paragraphs that some companies attach to all their emails are just long enough to make the email print over two pages ....?

LOL - yes it is! It really winds me up that message too. So idiotic.

Firstly, I can't see why anyone would print out all their emails - doesn't that rather remove the benefit of them being "e"?

Secondly, if you did have a good reason to print them out, that makes it necessary! Surely no one would print it out if it wasn't necessary?

Please leave me alone to make my own decision about whether I want to print something.

Sorry, just had to get that off my chest :bicker::lol:

RadioMaster 28 Apr 2010 21:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by mszee (Post 493787)
I did write above that most offices here look like shitholes...not all...but most...at least in my area which is pretty darn old anyway...

I do know how German office looks cause I used to work for the company doing business with Germans...and when they came to visit us...they ran out in panic and furnished the office THEIR way...which was exactly the way it looks in your picture...

so...define shithole in this case? and what exactly do you do to make an office look German?

dont get it...

mszee 28 Apr 2010 21:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by RadioMaster (Post 493804)
so...define shithole in this case? and what exactly do you do to make an office look German?

dont get it...

Sigh...I guess you want to visit me at work...

Clean and blonde furniture...(my guess would be to match the hair??? Dunno)

PanicLord 28 Apr 2010 22:03

And another thing...

There is now a government TV ad paid for with my tax dollars telling me I should "drive 5 miles less per week to reduce CO2".

WHAT??? HOW? Am I supposed to park the car 1/2 a mile away from my house? What about the people who live there, if any? In fact I think that's probably a roundabout where it's illegal to park anyway.

Do they honestly think I add on a little bit of mileage to each journey just to keep the place a little bit warmer and burn some massively expensive fuel?

Idiotic tosh. The most stupid thing I have ever heard, and a massive waste of public money.

Sorry.

There is a possibility that now I have started I may never stop.

mszee 28 Apr 2010 22:08

The good thing is...that we're all in it together...

NY State Governor proposed tax on soft drinks (sodas, drink mixes, etc.) to save people from obesity...beat this one...

So anyway...go on and vent....

~Helen~ 28 Apr 2010 22:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by daveake (Post 493731)

Quote:

Originally Posted by PanicLord (Post 493803)
LOL - yes it is! It really winds me up that message too. So idiotic.

Firstly, I can't see why anyone would print out all their emails - doesn't that rather remove the benefit of them being "e"?

I have a colleague who prints out each and every email sent between him and the boss and certain colleagues - then files them. He has a conspiracy theory that any emails that may in future be required to 'prove' anything would mysteriously vanish from the server the moment they are needed.

Quote:

Secondly, if you did have a good reason to print them out, that makes it necessary! Surely no one would print it out if it wasn't necessary?

But yes, I suppose in his opinion, that makes the printing of it necessary!

I seem to regularly attend meetings with our IT department relating to various projects and we all turn up with files of paperwork. Just seems wrong to me.

Quote:

Please leave me alone to make my own decision about whether I want to print something.

It's just there to make us feel we are appearing to care about the environment... don't actually care if you kill the rainforests printing every email ... but at least we appear to care ;-)

Sue K 29 Apr 2010 02:02

Belated Happy Wednesday meatie peeps ...

good ! ... it was just ONE hiccup ! ... lol ...