mlukfc.com Forums

mlukfc.com Forums (https://www.mlukfc.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic (https://www.mlukfc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Post your thoughts (https://www.mlukfc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4661)

~Helen~ 05 May 2010 21:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by Monstro (Post 494830)
no ID needed to vote

Nope...just a bit of card with your name and address on (which gets posted out to you) and I don't think you even need proof of ID to register for that :?

Actually, it gets worse ... a colleague has been asked last minute to stand in as a poll clerk (she requested to do it but originally was not required) ... so now she can have no vote as she has missed the deadline to apply for postal vote and as she is poll clerk-ing at a different place to her own poll station and she cannot leave all day, she cannot vote.

mszee 05 May 2010 21:16

I find myself time and again typing out these long posts and then deleting them before posting...not sure why I bother...

~Helen~ 05 May 2010 21:17

Mishap with a kitchen utensil this evening means I now have a burnt hand and half my dinner landed on the floor. That which did not land on the floor became overcooked whilst I was cleaning up the mess from the floor :-(

~Helen~ 05 May 2010 21:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by mszee (Post 494960)
I find myself time and again typing out these long posts and then deleting them before posting...not sure why I bother...

why you bother typing them or why you bother deleting them?

AndyK 05 May 2010 21:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~Helen~ (Post 494958)
Nope...just a bit of card with your name and address on (which gets posted out to you) and I don't think you even need proof of ID to register for that :?

You do need proof of id to register if you've never been registered before, otherwise the proof is your prior registration in a different area, you don't need the bit of card to actually vote either which is crazy ... roll up give them a name and address that is on the register and you're fine. Our fair and democratic system open to abuse? No chance :lmao:

mszee 05 May 2010 21:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~Helen~ (Post 494962)
why you bother typing them or why you bother deleting them?

Both...I guess typing it gets it out of my system...and deleting gets me out of trouble...lol...thanks, Helen...all sorted now...

~Helen~ 05 May 2010 21:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by AndyK (Post 494963)
You do need proof of id to register if you've never been registered before

I don't remember ever needing proof ... but maybe my birth being registered put me on the electoral roll automatically :? all I know is that I now get a piece of card (or two) through the post and I take it / them with me when I go to vote.

Quote:

Originally Posted by AndyK (Post 494963)
roll up give them a name and address that is on the register and you're fine

That's assuming the poll clerk or presiding officer doesn't know you or the person you are pretending to be...

~Helen~ 05 May 2010 21:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by mszee (Post 494966)
Both...I guess typing it gets it out of my system...and deleting gets me out of trouble...lol...thanks, Helen...all sorted now...

Glad to be of service. ;-)

RadioMaster 05 May 2010 22:40

doctor, aint there nothing I can take,
I said doctor, to relieve this belly ache?

mszee 06 May 2010 02:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by RadioMaster (Post 494980)
doctor, aint there nothing I can take,
I said doctor, to relieve this belly ache?

Doctor said: you're a nut,
Forget the way to Pizza hut...

Sue K 06 May 2010 12:09

i think easy-peasy will do it for supper tonight... i'll put putting love into the making of tuna and egg salad rather than something hot... lol ...

RadioMaster 06 May 2010 12:21

1 down 3 to go

Monstro 06 May 2010 12:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by Monstro (Post 494313)
Went about 3 foot above my head as well lol, appreciate the reply though!!! It's all sorted now, autofilled from my itunes library and it's all working well.....still like to know why it went but what they hey, all's well that ends well

Really should've checked properly, at work with music playing, tracks missing from nigh on every album, kinda frustrating!!!!!!!!

Sue K 06 May 2010 14:19

... i'm not a doctor ! ...

firefly 06 May 2010 14:59

Is happy happy happy!!!!!

Sue K 06 May 2010 15:36

and i'm hungry hungry hungry ... lol ... i best have some breakfas!! ...

MissAsh 06 May 2010 16:02

I really hate hayfever, I swear it kicks in earlier every year!

Sue K 06 May 2010 16:13

... ahhh ... better... hard-boiled egg on a Thomas' English Muffin ... :D ...

AndyK 06 May 2010 16:21

Why do people think it's acceptable to shout (well, ok talk very loudly) down their phones in an open plan office?

allrevvedup 06 May 2010 16:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by AndyK (Post 495065)
Why do people think it's acceptable to shout (well, ok talk very loudly) down their phones in an open plan office?

cause they are idiots?

AndyK 06 May 2010 17:03

That's one way of describing them.

Im seriously thinking of converting to the DCI Gene Hunt school of office politics

Vickip 06 May 2010 17:20

If I get one more call from "unavailable" or "out of area" today, I'm going to
throw my phone out the window :mad:

RadioMaster 06 May 2010 17:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by AndyK (Post 495065)

youre the office buzzkill in your company, aintcha? :))

AndyK 06 May 2010 17:56

I'm the only one with any common sense if that's what you mean? :))

RadioMaster 06 May 2010 17:59

there's always one who spoils the fun :p

bet you tell the supervisor then it get's too loud as well