mlukfc.com Forums

mlukfc.com Forums (https://www.mlukfc.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic (https://www.mlukfc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Post your thoughts (https://www.mlukfc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4661)

24K 22 Jul 2010 06:51

Feeling happy and sad all in one thought...but tomorrow is a new day !

duke knooby 22 Jul 2010 08:22

why cant i sleep anymore?

insomnia sucks plums

RadioMaster 22 Jul 2010 08:27

headache

Sue K 22 Jul 2010 12:06

Happy Thursday meatie peeps ...

it seems a bit less humid this morning... ahhh... lol ... and thoughts turn to Chiefie... who i hope is feeling better this morning ...

Skeleton 22 Jul 2010 13:01

Last day at practical training.. :( And another period of unemployment begins until I go back to school... :shrug:

Battybarb 22 Jul 2010 13:50

aint slept all night...need sleep !

Hypnobabe 22 Jul 2010 15:05

I wonder if it's the 4000+ songs that's making my I-phone sync take so long.....

allrevvedup 22 Jul 2010 15:10

if any of them are westlife...then yes it is

MeatGrl1 22 Jul 2010 15:33

I'm bouncing off the walls right now, I cannot believe this is happening :panic: :cheer:.

Vickip 22 Jul 2010 16:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by MeatGrl1 (Post 507048)
I'm bouncing off the walls right now, I cannot believe this is happening :panic: :cheer:.

:yay: :cheer:

MeatGrl1 22 Jul 2010 16:33

:cool: !!!

Talking to the producer today I will definatly meet HIM again.. That stuck out the most when she was telling me about it... :panic: :cheer: !!

I need to calmn down as it's not til September BUT the excitement is overwhelming, I'm so bloody excited :cool: !!!

Wario 22 Jul 2010 16:35

I am finding myself attracted to the oddest things. They arent even real.

Danny 22 Jul 2010 16:52

When comes the thunder storm - it is toooooooo hot ;)

meat_loaf2008 22 Jul 2010 17:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by WarioLoaf (Post 507070)
I am finding myself attracted to the oddest things. They arent even real.

Smokin the pot again eh? ;)

AndrewG 22 Jul 2010 17:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by MeatGrl1 (Post 507068)
:cool: !!!

Talking to the producer today I will definatly meet HIM again.. That stuck out the most when she was telling me about it... :panic: :cheer: !!

I need to calmn down as it's not til September BUT the excitement is overwhelming, I'm so bloody excited :cool: !!!

HIM as in Michael Jackson??? :?

duke knooby 22 Jul 2010 17:59

michael balls i reckon

RadioMaster 22 Jul 2010 18:14

bought a new sofa...the question is where to put it...

allrevvedup 22 Jul 2010 18:30

in the garden

RadioMaster 22 Jul 2010 18:35

it'll get wet

allrevvedup 22 Jul 2010 18:54

you never stated you wanted a logical answer...

samurai7 22 Jul 2010 19:05

my gig is now somehow starting an hour earlier tonight, which means that I should be home an hour earlier. Whether or not it will work out that way is still to be seen though...

duke knooby 23 Jul 2010 00:12

well id a very strange spooky experience last night...

and that was before the insomnia(again)

sioooooooooooooo

tiredness plus hunger plus lots of alcohol might help me sleep tonight

~Helen~ 23 Jul 2010 00:22

Thank you everyone for your suggestions. I am REALLY grateful and this has helped a LOT!

Quote:

Originally Posted by mszee (Post 506864)
I think you bought quite enough...

Well, I know, however, although I've put together the basket of millions of things, it's from a small group of 4 of us ... and I'd like them (baby and parents-to-be) to have something significant - that's just from me!

Quote:

Originally Posted by mszee (Post 506864)
...BUT...silver baby spoon or rattle engraved with initials (which you may not know yet) is usually one of those memorable ones...

I've been trying to keep my eye out for suitable silverware to have engraved (started thinking maybe a silver money box? - except I've not found one suitable yet). I really like your idea - though obviously would need to know baby's name first - so this may be done later, after the birth - if I have any money left! This is a good one, thank you.

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Flying Mouse (Post 506889)
:twisted: Try looking on e bay.
Search "baby" "new baby" "congratulations baby".

Oh believe me, ebay has been searched! :-) Have found some unusual 'baby sock bouquets' which are basically socks/bibs etc rolled up to look like roses, interspersed with some wooden roses and wrapped up with tissue paper. They're pretty cool ... although as I just mentioned (above) I sort of want to get something 'thoughtful and significant'... :? And my major concern with them now is that baby is due in 5 days (that came 'round so quickly!) and I don't trust the postal system. :?

Quote:

Or (just a thought here) you could get something nothing to do with baby or mummy, and get something more "friend" orientated.
Everyone else will be doing the baby thing, so something that is more of a treat to her might stand out more :idea:

No I agree, think this is a brilliant idea... though have already got her (in the basket of millions of things) some earrings (not posh fancy ones - they are from Sainsbury's actually, but they're really pretty!), some little bottles of vino, and some chocolate ... possibly enough?

Quote:

But what do I know, i'm a bloke :doh:

Loads ... obviously! ;-) :-)

Quote:

Originally Posted by AndyK (Post 506893)
How about a collection "things" from the day that baby is born? Newspapers, magazines, the number one single and album, best selling book etc etc that can be stored away safely for the young one to look at when it's not so young?

Oh now this I hadn't thought of at all (despite helping someone do similar for their grandchild a few years back!). Really like this idea - and a couple of newspapers and a single isn't going to break the bank either! Definitely a go-er ... unless of course baby is especially difficult and born just before midnight when 'day of birth' newspapers will no longer be available (*fingers crossed*)

Thank you - VERY MUCH - everybody!

duke knooby 23 Jul 2010 00:28

is it still an it? or is it a boy/girl?

MeatGrl1 23 Jul 2010 00:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by AndrewG (Post 507086)
HIM as in Michael Jackson??? :?

No try the other one :lol: !!

Sadly I cannot ressurect the dead :( !!