mlukfc.com Forums

mlukfc.com Forums (https://www.mlukfc.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic (https://www.mlukfc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Post your thoughts (https://www.mlukfc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4661)

24K 09 Aug 2010 16:15

Jake is doing canny, am very happy !

fred2010 09 Aug 2010 16:57

kick the liberals out in november

duke knooby 09 Aug 2010 18:15

was meat loaf big in japan?

duke knooby 09 Aug 2010 23:08

decision made (almost).. time for a new challenge... thats almost 7 years working for them

(6 years longer than i expected)

Evil One 09 Aug 2010 23:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by duke knooby (Post 510550)
was meat loaf big in japan?

Meat was big everywhere in the late 70's. :-P

duke knooby 09 Aug 2010 23:14

yesssss... thats the joke i was goin for... on a height basis... but your comedy timing sucks plums!!!

duke knooby 09 Aug 2010 23:16

if the federal reserve wants to pump a load of cash my way... i'm up for it

duke knooby 09 Aug 2010 23:28

yipppeee, theres holiday betty has appeared :D

24K 10 Aug 2010 00:41

Sleeping like a baby, pleased someone is !

Vickip 10 Aug 2010 01:02

Just donated 90 DVDs to the local library :))
It makes me feel good knowing that they'll be put to good use !

AndrewG 10 Aug 2010 01:05

Good Justin Bieber got a water balloon flung at his head. Hopefully they will start on more heavy items soon.

suzieq 10 Aug 2010 03:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by AndrewG (Post 510626)
Good Justin Bieber got a water balloon flung at his head. Hopefully they will start on more heavy items soon.

Best news I've heard this Monday!

Sue K 10 Aug 2010 11:57

... hahaha... Justin Beiber is SO off my radar... lol ... but i have to say ... tossing things at his head sounds like not a good idea ... i remember back in the day the complaints made by my Beatle laddies... about the audience ... who meaning well because the lads had made claim to liking them ... would throw jelly "babies" (jelly beans) at them during shows... they could have been pinged in the eye and blinded !!! ... :shock: ...

Evil One 10 Aug 2010 13:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vickip (Post 510625)
Just donated 90 DVDs to the local library :))
It makes me feel good knowing that they'll be put to good use !

I didn't know libraries stocked those sort of DVDs! :twisted:

RadioMaster 10 Aug 2010 13:28

sick at home

The Flying Mouse 10 Aug 2010 13:58

Quote:

:twisted: *looks for the "like" button*

LucyK! 10 Aug 2010 14:27

How funny...just had a quick look at .net (no, I don't know why either) and there's that bit on the right hand side with all the profile pictures of people who "like" Meat on Facebook...my Mummy Loaf is on there :p

RadioMaster 10 Aug 2010 15:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by RadioMaster (Post 510692)
sick at home

wouldnt recommend it to anyone. Cant go outside and inside it's boring as hell. Dont have enough concentration to read or do anything useful. So far I've been watching south park all day lol

AndrewG 10 Aug 2010 15:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by RadioMaster (Post 510700)
wouldnt recommend it to anyone. Cant go outside and inside it's boring as hell. Dont have enough concentration to read or do anything useful. So far I've been watching south park all day lol

Sounds a bit like my work.

MeatGrl1 10 Aug 2010 15:57

Quote:

He's apparently the new MJ... I don't think so !!
Wish people would stop sending me fanpages for him on bloody facebook he looks about 12 and he does absolutely nothing for me ! And fair play to whoever did that :twisted: !!

Just thought mabe it was a MJ fan getting him back because Michael absolutely loved water balloon fights :lmao: !!!!!

Breeze 10 Aug 2010 16:06

I guess this is OK to post here, the thread is just about random thoughts.

We are having some flooring put in the front part of the house. They will move heavy furniture but there is so much junk on the floors and in the closets. However to move the furniture we have to do a lot of prep work first. I feel so tired due to an permanent chronic illness and stuff like this just really takes it out of me. My poor hubby is having to do more than he share and I feel bad about that.
I listened to Wasted youth / Everything louder than everything else this am. I recall Meat concert in the 90's and Meat did the song but he would not do the vocal part that Jim did on the album. It really is a part of the song. did he ever do a video for that song? I have seen the spoken part many times on your tube, Love death and guitar?? I'm probably getting this all confused but it has always been one of my favorite songs.

I have two black cats and one of them rests her head on my hand and arm every time I get it near the computer mouse. Then I start to type and she hates that she has to move.

jackie O

AndrewG 10 Aug 2010 16:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by MeatGrl1 (Post 510704)
He's apparently the new MJ... I don't think so !!

The new Michael Jackson?! Ahum. I doubt Justin Bieber even has the amount of talent that Jackson had in his toenail. Bieber is a fabricated piece of crap backed by record companies. It's obvious he is useless as they have already run out of ideas for him so now the cool teaming up with rap artists is already beginning. I'm sure we can all look forward to his autobiography in time for Christmas. What a crock.

MeatGrl1 10 Aug 2010 16:12

I have not heard him but he does nothing for me and I bet he's not wrote a single one of his songs then try and count how many MJ has written and performed.. I rest my case and as part of the J5 they struggled for recognition, artists today have it so bloody easy in comparison.. Where has all the struggle and hard work gone ?!

AndrewG 10 Aug 2010 16:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by MeatGrl1 (Post 510708)
artists today have it so bloody easy in comparison.. Where has all the struggle and hard work gone ?!

I disagree with that. Bieber is the exception to the case whereas most artists themselves create something from scratch and do work tremendously hard often with no help. Bieber is an example to teenagers and young people who think the world owe them a record contract. This is why Bieber is so successful and also programmes like the X Factor and Idols do so well (though I admit sometimes real talent does come through). It's mostly fabricated junk relying on covers or gimmicky 3 minute pop cliches or in fact get someone else do the hard work and create a brand for him and get some songs and backing tracks done.
There's no doubt Bieber may actually learn something in the industry and may be half decent in several years but the fact he has been given a chance on the back of nothing (no originality, no songs, no great voice or pretty much anything) is quite insulting in comparison to struggling musicians around the world. That is the part that makes me sick.

RadioMaster 10 Aug 2010 16:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by MeatGrl1 (Post 510708)
I bet he's not wrote a single one of his songs

bit like Meat Loaf then lol