mlukfc.com Forums

mlukfc.com Forums (https://www.mlukfc.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic (https://www.mlukfc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Post your thoughts (https://www.mlukfc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4661)

The Flying Mouse 17 Oct 2010 17:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bubbles (Post 526310)
will see a staging of Tanz der Vampire in Uni tonight......it's a shortened version, we'll see. should at least be interesting ;)

:twisted: Hope you havce a good time.
Don't forget the review :wink:

I'm a little bit hung over today, but my best mate had a good birthday so it was worth it 8)

daveake 17 Oct 2010 17:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by Monstro (Post 526233)
This is all your bloody fault so stop quoting me lol

:lmao:

Sue K 17 Oct 2010 18:09

All the outside chores are done so I think it's time to slip my feet into something more comfie ... :D ... Happy feet, happy mind and body ... ;) ...

duke knooby 17 Oct 2010 19:18

thats alot of polls today

RadioMaster 17 Oct 2010 19:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by duke knooby (Post 526406)

you been to a strip club?

Wario 17 Oct 2010 19:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by duke knooby (Post 526406)

you're telling me

AndrewG 17 Oct 2010 19:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by RadioMaster (Post 526407)
you been to a strip club?

That would be a better use of time than hanging around here.

Wario 17 Oct 2010 19:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by AndrewG (Post 526410)
That would be a better use of time than hanging around here.

oh dear. guess you'll be taking a LOA? :|

AndrewG 17 Oct 2010 19:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by WarioLoaf (Post 526413)
oh dear. guess you'll be taking a LOA? :|

And a sale of tickets is springing to mind.

Sue K 17 Oct 2010 19:38

It's 1:37pm est and I haven't gotten quite as much done as I wanted to have done by this time of day but... oh ... wtf ? Right ? ... :D ...

Wario 17 Oct 2010 19:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by AndrewG (Post 526421)
And a sale of tickets is springing to mind.

dont. you may like that idea now, but you'll regret that in the future

http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r...arioSmiley.gif

Sue K 17 Oct 2010 20:54

Well, the soup's on so that's something... lol ... but I think we're down to that same soup and grilled cheese sandwiches for supper tonight ... lol ... ;) ...

Bubbles 17 Oct 2010 21:29

It was very good, the uni staging of Tanz der Vampire. It was amateur theatre but on a very very good and high level. They had a 45 piece orchestra for example.....our dear Professor Ambronsius was left out though. Was obviously very easy to do so, he simply "died out in the snow" at the beginning instead of being carried into Chagals inn.

One of the most interesting things was that they made a duet of "Die unstillbare Gier". And it worked very well. Sarah found Krolocks diary (ok, that does not exactly fit to the character but hey ;) ) and so she "read" the text out loud and started to sing the song. Soon Krolock stepped in and they sang it partly together but was happy to hear he sang some parts on his own as well.

What is interesting is that it fitted very well, sarah transferred the lyrics to her point of view, so for example instead of singing "Dass seine Trauer mir das Herz nicht brach, kann ich mir nicht verzeihn" she is singing "Dass seine Trauer dir das Herz nicht brach, kann ich dir nicht verzeihn". (for the germans on here ;)
The point is that the fact that sarah is included in the song and therefore knows about him struggling with his fate and regretting what he has done - this adds a lot of depth to it.
Of course one could argue whether it is likely that Krolock has a diary that he tells all of his feeling every night before going to bed.....or in his case every morning :D

but it was a great 2 hours, unfortunately tonight and yesterday were the only 2 performances

Pudding 17 Oct 2010 22:46

Wonder why it took the mods so long to stop all the stupid polls. Hopefully we won't see any more for a long long time.

Wario 18 Oct 2010 00:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pudding (Post 526518)
Wonder why it took the mods so long to stop all the stupid polls. Hopefully we won't see any more for a long long time.

Tell me about it

http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r...arioSmiley.gif

Sue K 18 Oct 2010 11:24

You're funny, WarieL ... lol ...

It's hard for me to believe that here again it's Monday ! The weeks are going by so quickly, imo. Two months from next Monday is Christmas. I don't make fuss about Christmas by the norm, but I've been thinking that this year I may. It's only in thought stage, though. Alot of things get there but come to naught... lol ... Maybe that's from where the saying "It's the thought that counts" comes... lol ... I always mean well, however ... :lol: ...

GDW 18 Oct 2010 13:08

Quote:

Can there be a Poll on stopping stupid polls? :??:;)

melon 18 Oct 2010 14:38

Oh my, 461 un-read posts.... Guess that's what you get for having a busy weekend!

Battybarb 18 Oct 2010 17:41

things are just getting better and better

Sue K 18 Oct 2010 17:49

I couldn't stand it anymore ! ... lol ... and the livingroom looks 65pct better after that good vacuuming . I think I best put blinders on for the rest of the day... lol ...

Sue K 18 Oct 2010 19:29

Campaign 2010: Patrick invokes 'scripture' at rally with Obama

Just in case Sarge was wondering what Patrick's been up to ... :twisted: ...

I received this as a heading for a news alert and, sorry, I couldn't resist ... lol ...

duke knooby 19 Oct 2010 00:35

the local dominos franchise has one again upped the prices.... ahh well, the downsizing and paying less has begun

Steve6 19 Oct 2010 00:43

Quote:

I didn't mind them to be honest, but I suppose they were taking up a lot of space.

It's getting near bedtime, and I wonder what awaits me in dreamland? I hope it's something nice.

AndrewG 19 Oct 2010 00:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve6 (Post 526705)
It's getting near bedtime, and I wonder what awaits me in dreamland? I hope it's something nice.

Maybe it's Wario with a bed time mime?

Steve6 19 Oct 2010 01:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by AndrewG (Post 526710)
Maybe it's Wario with a bed time mime?

It could be you Andrew? :shock: