mlukfc.com Forums

mlukfc.com Forums (https://www.mlukfc.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic (https://www.mlukfc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Post your thoughts (https://www.mlukfc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4661)

duke knooby 29 Jan 2011 18:19

shouldn't play with electricity and water

duke knooby 30 Jan 2011 20:28

i really really liked that telecaster

duke knooby 30 Jan 2011 20:30

steve vai is amazing... loved this solo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ojENxv6AL2E

duke knooby 30 Jan 2011 23:54

ich bin feckin freezin

melon 31 Jan 2011 02:17

Glad we dodged a bullet and the cyclone heading straight for us dissapated due to wind sheer.

Wario 31 Jan 2011 03:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by melon (Post 537625)
Glad we dodged a bullet and the cyclone heading straight for us dissapated due to wind sheer.

There are tornadoes in Australia?

MeatGrl1 31 Jan 2011 03:49

Hurting =,( !!!!

CarylB 31 Jan 2011 10:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by WarioLoaf (Post 537627)

Welcome to the world Wario ;) We have about 40 reported a year in the UK, a higher number per square mile than the US, but fortunately ours are generally much less severe and more are probably reported because of our high population density (plus in the US I guess many go seen but unreported if they're not carrying a car!) They can happen anywhere except the polar circles

Caryl

melon 31 Jan 2011 11:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by WarioLoaf (Post 537627)

Its not unheard of but very rare, no what we have going on here at the moment are cyclones.... not tornadoes

GDW 31 Jan 2011 12:19

Cyclone same as Hurricane.

AndyK 31 Jan 2011 12:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by GDW (Post 537636)
Cyclone same as Hurricane.

Yep, just depends where it is ...

Hurricanes, typhoons and tropical cyclones are different names for the same type of storm. A tropical cycloneis called a hurricane in the North Atlantic Ocean, South Pacific Ocean, or the Northeast Pacific Ocean on the eastern side of the dateline. A typhoon occurs in the Northwest Pacific Ocean west of the dateline. In other parts of the world, these storms are called severe tropical cyclones. In Britain, it's just a bit wet and windy, until the press get hold of the story, then it's armageddon ;-)

daveake 31 Jan 2011 12:47

This site is so edukashunal :-)

CarylB 31 Jan 2011 13:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by AndyK (Post 537637)
Yep, just depends where it is ...

Hurricanes, typhoons and tropical cyclones are different names for the same type of storm. A tropical cycloneis called a hurricane in the North Atlantic Ocean, South Pacific Ocean, or the Northeast Pacific Ocean on the eastern side of the dateline. A typhoon occurs in the Northwest Pacific Ocean west of the dateline. In other parts of the world, these storms are called severe tropical cyclones. In Britain, it's just a bit wet and windy, until the press get hold of the story, then it's armageddon ;-)

From what I remember from geography lessons .. ;) Cyclones are large wind systems rotating around an eye of low pressure, but not all cyclones produce the spinning column of air that is a tornado which is also of far smaller diameter, and generally formed over land (at sea they're usually referred to as waterspouts). Hurricanes are formed over water when a wet mass of air over the sea evaporates, may or may not hit landfall, and can cause tsunamis and floods. Tornados are usually created by thundertorms or by hurricanes when they hit land.

Doubtless Wiki will have many other versions .. :lol: but Wiki is only as good as the last poster.

Whatever the definition .. they are not restricted to the USA ;)

Caryl

Monstro 31 Jan 2011 14:14

Well that was a shit weekend away, am also down one new laptop and Iphone

meatfanforlife 31 Jan 2011 15:58

THE SNOW CAN FSCKING STOP ANY TIME NOW! GAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!

duke knooby 31 Jan 2011 18:55

that was a spectacular sunrise today

and rumour has it, a big freeze is a coming in a couple of weeks :D

The Flying Mouse 31 Jan 2011 18:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by Monstro (Post 537640)
Well that was a shit weekend away, am also down one new laptop and Iphone

:twisted: Not good :sad:

MeatGrl1 31 Jan 2011 22:41

I know what I did was the right thing so why does this hurt so much =,( !!!!!!!!!

duke knooby 31 Jan 2011 23:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by MeatGrl1 (Post 537671)
I know what I did was the right thing so why does this hurt so much =,( !!!!!!!!!

i'm guessin youre talkin relationships

and by saying you know it was the right thing, is rational thought..

love is emotional
love is great
love is fun
love is europhic
love is magical
love is dangerous
love is vulnerable
love is dark

love hurts
love is hard to do

but its never ever rational

MeatGrl1 31 Jan 2011 23:17

Er no not exactly Jonty...

duke knooby 31 Jan 2011 23:18

if i guessed wrong... just ignore the above :whistle:

duke knooby 31 Jan 2011 23:41

i much prefer david ford's songs and performances to rick brantleys songs and performances

duke knooby 01 Feb 2011 23:37

tis dead in here today

carole 01 Feb 2011 23:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by melon (Post 537635)
Its not unheard of but very rare, no what we have going on here at the moment are cyclones.... not tornadoes

It's looking bad for far north Queensland at the moment. Cyclone is upgraded to a category 5 with winds of up to 300km/h expected to hit at around 10pm tonight. It will hit the area from Port Douglas to Townsville. Not sure how familiar you are with a map of Queensland but it is a huge area. They say up to 30 000 homes will be affected. Like they haven't been through enough with the recent floods, now this. My heart goes out to all of them.

Carole

duke knooby 02 Feb 2011 00:19

is it true anything posted on facebook becomes the property of "facebook"