mlukfc.com Forums

mlukfc.com Forums (https://www.mlukfc.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Messages (https://www.mlukfc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Anyone going to the HMV signing on 8th September? (https://www.mlukfc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20059)

Adje 05 Sep 2016 17:18

Just a reminder to you all. Just 3 more days before eBay is going to be flooded with signed Meat Loaf CD's for just 100,-- or more!

:lol:

welshman1976 05 Sep 2016 18:16

Just had event reminder email from HMV, doors open at 5pm, signing at 6pm

Danny L 05 Sep 2016 18:41

That's weird I haven't had a reminder email, i'll arrive in London by half 3 so gives me time to explore, also I worked out the location of hte Sanctum Soho Hotel, not far at all for the exhibit

Dick 05 Sep 2016 19:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by Danny L (Post 616498)
That's weird I haven't had a reminder email, i'll arrive in London by half 3 so gives me time to explore, also I worked out the location of hte Sanctum Soho Hotel, not far at all for the exhibit

nor I. how irritating.

Danny L 05 Sep 2016 20:10

Maybe it's because when we bought we didn't create an account - checked out as a guest?

welshman1976 05 Sep 2016 20:19

Danny, I forgot my account details, so bought it as guest. Had the reminder email late this afternoon

Danny L 05 Sep 2016 20:37

Well I have my confirmation email on paper so should be ok :D

Mr Flibble 06 Sep 2016 11:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by welshman1976 (Post 616497)
Just had event reminder email from HMV, doors open at 5pm, signing at 6pm

I thought the store was open all day

nikox1 06 Sep 2016 13:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr Flibble (Post 616579)
I thought the store was open all day

Im sure it is, maybe a seperate entrance for Meat? Sectioned off
People on here im sure know how it works?

Danny L 06 Sep 2016 13:52

When I get off the tube I think Ill run in and ask a shop Asst to make sure

CarylB 06 Sep 2016 14:13

I think they just use that expression to make it clear they'd expect you to be there at 5. Last time the queue went from the front door and snaked round an alley at the back, but the only ones taken through a side door were those with priority tickets (which they didn't offer this time). Might even be to try and ensure people don't star queuing too soon, as that can make the police in Oxford Street twitchy.

Last time few in the store knew much about the arrangements as HMV sent a goon from their PR department with all the gentle manners of a stormtrooper, accompanied by a security force just short of being armed with weapons to manage it ;)

Dick 06 Sep 2016 14:36

So whats the plan for Thursday?

Is anyone meeting up before hand?

Its a different HMV to the last one, as the last one is now a sports direct.

CarylB 06 Sep 2016 15:00

See comments following this post on P3

Quote:

Originally Posted by Monstro (Post 615915)
Event runs from 1800 - 2100, some time before that I'll be in The Running Horse pub @ 50 Davies St, London W1K 5JE (five mins from HMV).


Sebastian. 06 Sep 2016 15:44

Somoebody have a brandy sours for me please.

Monstro 07 Sep 2016 16:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sebastian. (Post 616592)
Somoebody have a brandy sours for me please.

That'll be someone else but me lol


I'll be in the pub from 2pm for those that wanna say hi at a gathering point

anotherday 07 Sep 2016 16:25

HAVE a great time everyone!

Danny L 07 Sep 2016 17:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by welshman1976 (Post 616506)
Danny, I forgot my account details, so bought it as guest. Had the reminder email late this afternoon

I got a text. lol

Dick 07 Sep 2016 18:06

i still aint got anything. will have to look back through emails and send it to myself

madonna123968848 07 Sep 2016 18:16

I haven't had a confirmation email either but I have the original order that they confirmed was enough, so will be fine I am sure, must not forget to take ID apparently, just in case! I am now going on my own as my friend can't make it, I wonder if we will be allowed to take a photo? if so, I am hoping someone kind in the queue will do this for me as I will be Billy no mates ;)

AndrewG 07 Sep 2016 18:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by madonna123968848 (Post 616706)
I haven't had a confirmation email either but I have the original order that they confirmed was enough, so will be fine I am sure, must not forget to take ID apparently, just in case! I am now going on my own as my friend can't make it, I wonder if we will be allowed to take a photo? if so, I am hoping someone kind in the queue will do this for me as I will be Billy no mates ;)

Someone will help, just ask them. Everyone is usually a friendly bunch at these things. ;)

Adje 07 Sep 2016 18:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by madonna123968848 (Post 616706)
I haven't had a confirmation email either but I have the original order that they confirmed was enough, so will be fine I am sure, must not forget to take ID apparently, just in case! I am now going on my own as my friend can't make it, I wonder if we will be allowed to take a photo? if so, I am hoping someone kind in the queue will do this for me as I will be Billy no mates ;)


Just a tip when they don't allow pictures (which is very likely). Ask the person behind you in line if he/she wants to make a picture when you are at Meat's desk. You can look back in the camera and you have your picture that way ;)

madonna123968848 07 Sep 2016 19:23

Thanks Adje, good idea!

Guy 07 Sep 2016 19:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by madonna123968848 (Post 616706)
I haven't had a confirmation email either but I have the original order that they confirmed was enough, so will be fine I am sure, must not forget to take ID apparently, just in case! I am now going on my own as my friend can't make it, I wonder if we will be allowed to take a photo? if so, I am hoping someone kind in the queue will do this for me as I will be Billy no mates ;)

I have no mates. :0 (

Sebastian. 07 Sep 2016 20:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guy (Post 616717)
I have no mates. :0 (

What about drinking buddies?

madonna123968848 07 Sep 2016 20:29

Oh dear Guy, is that full stop no mates, or no mates for the signing! ;)

Sebastian. 07 Sep 2016 20:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by madonna123968848 (Post 616723)
Oh dear Guy, is that full stop no mates, or no mates for the signing! ;)

Both.

Danny L 08 Sep 2016 11:04

HAPPY MEET MEAT LOAF DAY EVERYBODY!!

Cherry.Loaf 08 Sep 2016 11:24

Have an awesome time guys! So jealous

AndrewG 08 Sep 2016 12:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cherry.Loaf (Post 616760)
Have an awesome time guys! So jealous

CHSIB (nostalgia)

Hope everyone including Meat has a great time. :D

Feleena 08 Sep 2016 13:06

In the pub where are you all lol x

duke knooby 08 Sep 2016 13:20

Have fun everyone!

Dick 08 Sep 2016 13:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by Feleena (Post 616769)
In the pub where are you all lol x

I reckon ill be down at about 3ish...sound good?

CarylB 08 Sep 2016 13:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cherry.Loaf (Post 616760)
Have an awesome time guys! So jealous

For those of us missing out .. here's a lovely long interview we can all enjoy:)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p04744mw

Monstro 08 Sep 2016 13:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by Feleena (Post 616769)
In the pub where are you all lol x

You're eager lol

Be there at 2 xx

Dick 08 Sep 2016 13:50

look out for my burgundy hat. I have no idea what any of you look like or how to spot you...although i reckon you'll probably have give aways. I would wear my ukfc pin but its home in ireland.

Feleena 08 Sep 2016 13:53

Yes we are eager lol. My daughter is with me has bright red hair we are both wearing meat tshirts too x

welshman1976 08 Sep 2016 14:09

I've just checked into my hotel by excel, so will be heading there shortly. Anyone heading in to bond Street by tube,. There are delays on central line. So I'm jumping on the jubilee

madonna123968848 08 Sep 2016 14:14

I am just leaving Kent, so will be en route, wearing a printed T shirt that says, 'Thank you for the music and the memories Meat!' and it has a photo of him on stage... My real name is Sam if anyone wants to say hi :D. Enjoy every minute all....

tonyloaf 08 Sep 2016 14:19

Enjoy everyone !! I'm having a beer in Lisbon before I watch Nightwish . Say hi to the big man for me

Danny L 08 Sep 2016 14:31

At Peterborough waiting for my rail connection which is 30min delayed!! Grr

Joe 08 Sep 2016 14:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by Monstro (Post 616774)
You're eager lol

Be there at 2 xx

I'll be there about 2 also!😊

Danny L 08 Sep 2016 15:00

I'll be there by half 3 I think

Sebastian. 08 Sep 2016 15:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joe (Post 616782)
I'll be there about 2 also!😊

Joe! Not heard from you for ages!

Danny L 08 Sep 2016 16:25

Theresa queue already I'm in it

wizardofodd 08 Sep 2016 18:17

Wish I was there guys, I work in New Oxford Street so just down the road which is so annoying- so close but work commitments mean I wont be able to say Hi to the big man.

jcmoorehead 08 Sep 2016 18:21

+1 for wishing I was there, unfortunately (Well fortunately in a way for me I work in the games industry :P) I'm back at work. Hope everyone has a fantastic time!

Cherry.Loaf 08 Sep 2016 19:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by CarylB (Post 616773)
For those of us missing out .. here's a lovely long interview we can all enjoy:)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p04744mw

Thanks Caryl what a brilliant interview

Monstro 08 Sep 2016 22:26

That. Was. Brilliant!!!!!!!

Absolutely nothing like the last one and I can now add dueted with Meat singing Souvenir to my experiences..........ok, just a bit of it, ok ok a tiny bit of it, but it's a cool statement.

Much more relaxed, good amount of time with Meat and security were a lot more friendly, Good to meet old friends as well.

Adje 08 Sep 2016 22:31

Very cool :D

2 questions
Did they only sign the booklet?
Was ther a photo moment/possibility for people?


Quote:

Originally Posted by Monstro (Post 616801)
That. Was. Brilliant!!!!!!!

Absolutely nothing like the last one and I can now add dueted with Meat singing Souvenir to my experiences..........ok, just a bit of it, ok ok a tiny bit of it, but it's a cool statement.

Much more relaxed, good amount of time with Meat and security were a lot more friendly, Good to meet old friends as well.


Monstro 08 Sep 2016 22:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adje (Post 616802)
Very cool :D

2 questions
Did they only sign the booklet?
Was ther a photo moment/possibility for people?

If you got the booklet signed it was personalised or he'd autograph an item you brought.

No chance of photo, cameras were banned and they were hot on that as I found out. Was a photographer from HMV there who said he would be putting pics on facebook.

Adje 08 Sep 2016 22:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by Monstro (Post 616804)
If you got the booklet signed it was personalised or he'd autograph an item you brought.

No chance of photo, cameras were banned and they were hot on that as I found out. Was a photographer from HMV there who said he would be putting pics on facebook.

Very cool! Glad you guys had more time with Meat this time. Also good to hear you could bring any item to sign. :cool:

Sue K 08 Sep 2016 23:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by Monstro (Post 616801)
That. Was. Brilliant!!!!!!!

Absolutely nothing like the last one and I can now add dueted with Meat singing Souvenir to my experiences..........ok, just a bit of it, ok ok a tiny bit of it, but it's a cool statement.

Much more relaxed, good amount of time with Meat and security were a lot more friendly, Good to meet old friends as well.

lol ... I'm so glad you had that experience, Monstro and yes... I'm seeing on Facebook a lot of folks talking about their one on one experience at the signing ...

Maybe next time folks won't be so negative when not having a clue how things will work out... DON'T WORRY... BE HAPPY ... lol ...

Feleena 08 Sep 2016 23:32

Was a fabulous day lovely to catch up with you all xx. Meat was so lovely bless him xx

Danny L 09 Sep 2016 00:31

It was amazing to meet Meat today, sorry I didn;t make it to The Running Horse but the queue was there nad I thoguht I'd better get in it!! Met two people to chat to though, lovely and we went for a coffee afterwards.

Butt he signing, there were no photos and one item allowed. There was a photographer but but the time we got to Meat he was gone.

It was an honor to meet my idol at last, a lovely gentle man who's first question was how are you, Meat noticed my BOOH shirt and I told him about my Auntie meeting him in Germany.

A brief moment but one I shall cherish.

Dick 09 Sep 2016 00:52

Good day had by all. I met some of this rabble...Guy arrived after looking spiffing in green.

http://media.mlxxfc.net/IMG_3456.JPG

and in case you are wondering...yes...some dickhead did bring a selfie stick and used it once.

Mr Flibble 12 Sep 2016 10:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dick (Post 616815)
Good day had by all. I met some of this rabble...Guy arrived after looking spiffing in green.

http://media.mlxxfc.net/IMG_3456.JPG

and in case you are wondering...yes...some dickhead did bring a selfie stick and used it once.

Was great meeting you all.
Philip


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 06:47.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright ©1999 - mlukfc.com
Made by R.


Page generated in 0.05550 seconds with 11 queries.