mlukfc.com Forums

mlukfc.com Forums (https://www.mlukfc.com/forums/index.php)
-   Tyre Tracks & Broken Hearts (https://www.mlukfc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   What's your favourite ending to Paradise (https://www.mlukfc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15684)

Steve6 08 Sep 2010 20:27

Can someone tell me what the paradise in the late 90s was about?? and the three little words?? it has got the most votes. I was only a young fella playing my Playstation at the time :-)

Bubbles 08 Sep 2010 20:33

Quote:

Can someone tell me what the paradise in the late 90s was about?? and the three little words?? it has got the most votes. I was only a young fella playing my Playstation at the time
take a look at the storytellers version from 1999

Evil One 08 Sep 2010 20:44

...for a rough idea. Then imagine it sounding much better, and done in a regular concert setting.

Steve6 08 Sep 2010 21:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bubbles (Post 517884)
take a look at the storytellers version from 1999

That is offically my least favourite version of Paradise. A couple can swear and insult each other in a row..but to go up to a womans face and tell her to "Go F*ck Yourself" is horrible. I would never treat a woman like that...poor Patti must have been terrified. :yep:

Bubbles 08 Sep 2010 21:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve6 (Post 517898)
That is offically my least favourite version of Paradise. A couple can swear and insult each other in a row..but to go up to a womans face and tell her to "Go F*ck Yourself" is horrible. I would never treat a woman like that...poor Patti must have been terrified. :yep:

well.....I reckon telling a man that I should get an oscar for best actress in the bedroom will pretty much destroy his ego and will leave him terrified as well ;)

no seriously I don't see a problem there at all. it's acting after all. and meat got his fair share in that version of paradise as well. I would maybe see a problem if it is not balanced well enough - both should fight and swear, otherwise it'd look odd.

Steve6 08 Sep 2010 21:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bubbles (Post 517910)
well.....I reckon telling a man that I should get an oscar for best actress in the bedroom will pretty much destroy his ego and will leave him terrified as well ;)

no seriously I don't see a problem there at all. it's acting after all. and meat got his fair share in that version of paradise as well. I would maybe see a problem if it is not balanced well enough - both should fight and swear, otherwise it'd look odd.

The man should should always be the calm one, because if he becomes insulting and agressive there is a chance he'll get himself into trouble with the LAW!! If couples behave like that in the home..it's a form of domestic violence. But you're right it's acting at the end of the day..what happens on stage stays on stage.

Sue K 09 Sep 2010 00:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve6 (Post 517921)
The man should should always be the calm one, because if he becomes insulting and agressive there is a chance he'll get himself into trouble with the LAW!! If couples behave like that in the home..it's a form of domestic violence. But you're right it's acting at the end of the day..what happens on stage stays on stage.

Imagine this ... I was a victim of spousal abuse during my first marriage (which was over in 1986) and I became a Meat fan when Bat2 came out. The first time I see the Paradise routine is on VH1 and Meat's screaming at Patti and she comes back at him a bit and I'm sitting there just not getting it and thinking he's about to hit her ! When they hug at the end, I think, "Oh, okay, acting". You can imagine my horror at seeing someone I really like carrying on like this, though ... :shock: ... lol ...

My fave ending is, "maybe just once more" and Patti waves him off. It's probably my fave because that's how it was done at my first Meat concert in 1994. Since then, I do like the endings as well, when Meat gets bested by Patti, but still the "maybe one more time is truly my fave" ... :D ...

Steve6 09 Sep 2010 00:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by tink (Post 517978)
My fave ending is, "maybe just once more" and Patti waves him off. It's probably my fave because that's how it was done at my first Meat concert in 1994. Since then, I do like the endings as well, when Meat gets bested by Patti, but still the "maybe one more time is truly my fave" ... :D ...

I never liked the one he did with Aspen on the 3 Bats tour aswell. They just weren't a match at all, and it didn't look right..even when he brought the 70s theme into it. I hated every minute of it.

Paradise just isn't the same without Patti :D

Wario 09 Sep 2010 00:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve6 (Post 517980)
I
Paradise just isn't the same without Patti :D

bet some fans said the same about the goffs when patti joined in 1992

Sue K 09 Sep 2010 00:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by WarioLoaf (Post 517988)
bet some fans said the same about the goffs when patti joined in 1992

Never mind that. How was the first day back to school ? And where's our collage ? ... :??: ...

And ... lol ... you're probably right. Oh, except for King Andy ... He LOVVVVVESSSS the Goffs ... ;) ...


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 07:42.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright ©1999 - mlukfc.com
Made by R.


Page generated in 0.02786 seconds with 11 queries.