mlukfc.com Forums

mlukfc.com Forums (https://www.mlukfc.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Messages (https://www.mlukfc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Welcome To The Neighbourhood - Special Edition Preorder!!! (https://www.mlukfc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16813)

evil nickname 21 Apr 2011 08:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by WarioLoaf (Post 543264)
also, Meat performed hot patootie in 1985 at the Becon theater for the tenth anniversary of rocky horror. maybe thats what is on the CD

I bet it's probably the version from the "I'd Lie for You" single/"Live Around the World". (Which would make "Anything for Love" the 5:27 version from the same single, and "Bat" the Japanese bonus track from Wembley '94)

razorball2002 21 Apr 2011 08:56

Nothing really special that a fan didnt have exept for running for the red light live. i would have loved to hear or see a filmed version of left and the dark (beacon or other), which was ABSOLUTELY stunning live during that period. Meat took that song to another level.

carole 21 Apr 2011 09:03

This sounds fantatic. Just ordered mine. Let's hope there's no volcano eruption to delay it like happened with HCTB.

Carole

Wario 21 Apr 2011 09:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by razorball2002 (Post 543290)
Nothing really special that a fan didnt have exept for running for the red light live. i would have loved to hear or see a filmed version of left and the dark (beacon or other), which was ABSOLUTELY stunning live during that period. Meat took that song to another level.


that whole disk is the show at beacon theater, 1995. Fans haven't heard the beacon version of AFL and CD quality versions of took the words and Bat.

my money is that the redlight live version is a typo, and its the beacon theater Dry Eye performance. Its really a win/win

also apparently hot patootie as well.

If its not a rehash theirs plenty to be excited about as a fan, especially the dvd with the interview and TOTP performances.

LucyK! 21 Apr 2011 09:49

Excellent!!! I adore this album, will be great to see all that artwork again too!!

Kev 21 Apr 2011 10:15

Wario - This one is with EMI and already 100% confirmed and the 200 prints are being done in the middle of next week!

Hypnobabe 21 Apr 2011 10:33

Ordered :0D KeV, any idea how many orders you've had yet? In other words, am I within the 200?

AndyK 21 Apr 2011 10:37

I know that the pre-orders are going well, and can confirm that so far all orders placed are within the 200. Better click fast though ;-).

Dave 21 Apr 2011 10:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by AndrewG (Post 543287)
Better than Bat 1 and Bat 2??? :shock: :roll:

I would rank Hang Cool Teddy Bear and Couldn't Have Said It Better both above Bat 1 and Bat 2 in my personal book, but that is just me.

nikox1 21 Apr 2011 10:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kev (Post 543294)
Wario - This one is with EMI and already 100% confirmed and the 200 prints are being done in the middle of next week!

must of bought the rights from Virgin Records ? or are they the same ?

evil nickname 21 Apr 2011 11:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by nikox1 (Post 543299)
must of bought the rights from Virgin Records ? or are they the same ?

EMI bought Virgin Records back in '92.

melon 21 Apr 2011 11:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by AndyK (Post 543296)
I know that the pre-orders are going well, and can confirm that so far all orders placed are within the 200. Better click fast though ;-).

WHOOOO HOOOOOOO!!!

Kev 21 Apr 2011 12:26

We've not announced anything yet! you're the first to hear anything from it and have the best chance of being 1 of the 200!

RSG 21 Apr 2011 12:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kev (Post 543307)
We've not announced anything yet! you're the first to hear anything from it and have the best chance of being 1 of the 200!

Kev, this is great news. I can't pre order it, but I confident if the 200 don't get sold too quick I will pick one up in the summer for sure. I just curious too Man, how does the whole set up process work...

Say someone says something like, this may sell again. And your company finds promos and items that go along with that album? Either way I ain't complaining, I just always curious what happens on the other side of the market :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 543297)
I would rank Hang Cool Teddy Bear and Couldn't Have Said It Better both above Bat 1 and Bat 2 in my personal book, but that is just me.

U would be a minority of minorities Dave. (We used to talk online, that's why I addressed you like I know you :) But more to the point, they are fantastic albums but its cool to hear people still have the same enthusiasm for CHSIB as I do. :twisted:

Kev 21 Apr 2011 13:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by RSG (Post 543309)
Kev, this is great news. I can't pre order it, but I confident if the 200 don't get sold too quick I will pick one up in the summer for sure. I just curious too Man, how does the whole set up process work...

Say someone says something like, this may sell again. And your company finds promos and items that go along with that album? Either way I ain't complaining, I just always curious what happens on the other side of the market :)



U would be a minority of minorities Dave. (We used to talk online, that's why I addressed you like I know you :) But more to the point, they are fantastic albums but its cool to hear people still have the same enthusiasm for CHSIB as I do. :twisted:

There will be some promo behind this, not overly sure what yet, but EMI did quite a bit for the promo of the Bat 2 reissus a few years back. There was stuff in classic rock and mailouts and some other bit so hopefully much of the same here.

I don't see the 200 lasting too long once we've mailed our database, the forum have done theirs and when EMI do their meaty one!

jcmoorehead 21 Apr 2011 13:54

If I pre order when do I pay? On the albums release or now?

Kev 21 Apr 2011 14:12

Items are charged when they're ready for release so it would be at some point during the week before release when stock arrives.

Vickip 21 Apr 2011 14:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 543297)
I would rank Hang Cool Teddy Bear and Couldn't Have Said It Better both above Bat 1 and Bat 2 in my personal book, but that is just me.

Nope .. it's not just you :-) Same here.

Dave 21 Apr 2011 15:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by RSG (Post 543309)
U would be a minority of minorities Dave. (We used to talk online, that's why I addressed you like I know you :) But more to the point, they are fantastic albums but its cool to hear people still have the same enthusiasm for CHSIB as I do. :twisted:

Getting off topic here, but having the opportunity to be as close as I was to the entire CHSIB project - seeing so many shows and getting the demo from eBay far ahead of the curve. It is magic to me.

razorball2002 21 Apr 2011 15:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by WarioLoaf (Post 543292)
that whole disk is the show at beacon theater, 1995. Fans haven't heard the beacon version of AFL and CD quality versions of took the words and Bat.

my money is that the redlight live version is a typo, and its the beacon theater Dry Eye performance. Its really a win/win

also apparently hot patootie as well.

If its not a rehash theirs plenty to be excited about as a fan, especially the dvd with the interview and TOTP performances.

yes, right. true. I was just saying that musically, quality wise, left in the dark was a standout on this album. Not having it LIVE is a shame. I would have preferred that over Not a dry eye, and the 1000th live version of AFL, Bat etc. available for fans on various albums.
Other that ok, its great news having that reissued and i will order mine.
But I cant imagine i'm the only person on that forum that seems to miss that left in the dark song live??????

roomster 21 Apr 2011 16:30

Ordered :D

Wario 21 Apr 2011 16:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by razorball2002 (Post 543322)
But I cant imagine i'm the only person on that forum that seems to miss that left in the dark song live??????

Also missing ORIGINAL SIN as well.

but neither original sin or LITD were performed at the promo concert in NYC in October of 1995. In fact they didn't get added to the set till the European shows.

Paradise wasnt performed either during the promo shows

Using the poor audience recording track lists from two promo concerts in early 1996, the promo set for Beacon was likely:

Rubber
Lemon
Midnight
DRFL
All Revved Up
Took The Words
Lie For You
Amnesty
Dry Eye
AFL
Bat
Red Light

Runnin' for the Red Light was Likely the finale, as during the tour they'd play the album recording of red light on the loud speakers after Bat while the audience was leaving.

Smithie 21 Apr 2011 16:43

Looking forward to it! Any idea what show Running for the Red Light was performed live?

Dave 21 Apr 2011 16:46

I know they performed Where The Rubber Meets The Road twice at the Hudson Theater promo show, as they had to reshoot part of it after hitting an audience member in the head with a camera boom. :shock:

Wario 21 Apr 2011 17:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 543332)
I know they performed Where The Rubber Meets The Road twice at the Hudson Theater promo show, as they had to reshoot part of it after hitting an audience member in the head with a camera boom. :shock:

interesting. whered you get that information :)

maybe the source could give you an accurate set list?

If that performance of the rubber on the cd and that aired was take two, id imagine take one was just as impressive :)


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 01:15.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright ©1999 - mlukfc.com
Made by R.


Page generated in 0.05895 seconds with 11 queries.