mlukfc.com Forums

mlukfc.com Forums (https://www.mlukfc.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic (https://www.mlukfc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Post your thoughts (https://www.mlukfc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4661)

Mr. Happy 28 Oct 2012 15:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evil One (Post 579329)
I thought the announcement was made a couple of days ago.

If Meat's political stance was the big announcement, I'm going to be very disappointed :shock:

duke knooby 28 Oct 2012 18:38

dunno why i thought it would be a good idea to start to wash the kitchen walls and ceiling

but now that its done... it looks great...

and has knackered me

Paul Richardson 28 Oct 2012 21:38

Quote:

Well that would be the absolute last straw ? If the announcement is Mitt Romney related, rather than Jim Steinman related, then Meat has lost the plot, and its over, finished, kaput, the end ! :twisted:

Evil One 28 Oct 2012 21:42

You imply the plot was still there to be lost. :twisted:

Paul Richardson 28 Oct 2012 21:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evil One (Post 579412)
You imply the plot was still there to be lost. :twisted:

I do, but I still live in hope ! There's a couple of days left of this month, so who knows ? :shrug:

I guess you've already abandoned all hope ?

Julie in the rv mirror 28 Oct 2012 23:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sarge (Post 579314)
That sounds delicious, I'll try that. I assume it will taste like liquid After Eight. (?) :D

Yep, it is delicious! :D The After Eight is probably a good comparison, but the first thing I think of is these: http://www.fanniemay.com/mint-meltaw...es?categoryId=

The Flying Mouse 28 Oct 2012 23:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul Richardson (Post 579413)
I do, but I still live in hope ! There's a couple of days left of this month, so who knows ? :shrug:

I guess you've already abandoned all hope ?

:twisted: The Romney thing never crossed my mind.
I don't think it'll be that (I hope not anyway).

The thing that supports that hope is that I think the Romney thing was very last minute, because you can't tell me they had any kind of time to rehearse or plan that "performance" :bleh:

BostonAngel 28 Oct 2012 23:21

Quote:

I had the same thought! :shock: :cool:

Sarge 28 Oct 2012 23:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by Julie in the rv mirror (Post 579437)
[...] the first thing I think of is these: http://www.fanniemay.com/mint-meltaw...es?categoryId=

:drool: They look good. I wish they were available over here.

duke knooby 29 Oct 2012 01:39

14 years today

almost half my life :shock:

duke knooby 29 Oct 2012 01:48

and to those with hurricane sandy to contend with, i wish you good luck, and all the best.

Julie in the rv mirror 29 Oct 2012 02:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sarge (Post 579442)
:drool: They look good. I wish they were available over here.

I love them! :D I like the green ones best- the coating is a little sweeter or something. They are definitely a local thing, although the company that originally made them sold out a few years ago, so they aren't quite as good as they used to be. Not that that will stop me from eating them. :oops: lol

Paul Richardson 29 Oct 2012 07:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Flying Mouse (Post 579439)
:twisted: The Romney thing never crossed my mind.
I don't think it'll be that (I hope not anyway).

The thing that supports that hope is that I think the Romney thing was very last minute, because you can't tell me they had any kind of time to rehearse or plan that "performance" :bleh:

Maybe, just maybe, the Romney thing is an attempt to draw maximum publicity to himself in anticipation of the real announcement ? Or does that assume too much of a plan ?

melon 29 Oct 2012 13:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul Richardson (Post 579456)

Maybe, just maybe, the Romney thing is an attempt to draw maximum publicity to himself in anticipation of the real announcement ? Or does that assume too much of a plan ?

I don't think so.... I don't think any amount of possible publicity/attention is worth what has transpired after this.

Sent from my HTC Incredible S using Forum Runner

AndrewG 29 Oct 2012 13:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by melon (Post 579466)
I don't think so.... I don't think any amount of possible publicity/attention is worth what has transpired after this.

"There's no such thing as bad press."

Mr. Happy 29 Oct 2012 13:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by melon (Post 579466)

Maybe there was a grand plan, but they didn't count on such a violent backlash for one reason or another? :lol:

AndrewG 29 Oct 2012 13:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Happy (Post 579469)
Maybe there was a grand plan, but they didn't count on such a violent backlash for one reason or another? :lol:

What backlash? I can't find any evidence of a backlash. It is as if someone has erased it all if there were.

melon 29 Oct 2012 13:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by AndrewG (Post 579468)

"There's no such thing as bad press."

They say that, most times its true, but not always

The Flying Mouse 29 Oct 2012 16:09

:twisted: This is post your thoughts, and is therefore deffinatly a Romney free zone :nuts: :lawl:

Sarge 29 Oct 2012 16:12

Don't tell me you're surprised that the discussion continues here. Maybe you should just have left the respective thread open... Obviously forum members are still interested in that issue.

Adje 29 Oct 2012 16:13

I don't think I ever get done finishing the wedding album. Too much pictures I like... not enough pages to put them in :roll::twisted: (silly us for asking the photographer to do let us do it ourselves... :roll:

The Flying Mouse 29 Oct 2012 16:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sarge (Post 579491)
Don't tell me you're surprised that the discussion continues here. Maybe you should just have left the respective thread open... Obviously forum members are still interested in that issue.

:twisted: A. Did the " :lawl: " not give away the nature of the joke? "Romey", "thoughts"? No?

B. I didn't lock it. You know I tried very hard to keep that thread going. When I asked for certain things to be left to the sidelines so the bigger issues could be discussed the convo then moved to my decission :wtf:
The old personal differences and arguments were coming into play, and the thread was on borrowed time from then.

C. No, it doesn't surprise me. But it won't surprise me if the same arguments come to this thread either, with the same end result.

duke knooby 29 Oct 2012 16:29

that was a fun thread, a mini soap opera with an unusual twist

i liked it :-)

Adje 29 Oct 2012 16:37

LOL

Well at least I'm not missing anything anymore. All live has been sucked out of the place again :twisted:

AndrewG 29 Oct 2012 16:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Flying Mouse (Post 579488)
:twisted: This is post your thoughts, and is therefore deffinatly a Romney free zone :nuts: :lawl:

My thought is that I am trying to clear my thoughts of anything R..... related.