mlukfc.com Forums

mlukfc.com Forums (https://www.mlukfc.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic (https://www.mlukfc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Post your thoughts (https://www.mlukfc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4661)

JennaG 30 Jan 2013 22:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by LucyK! (Post 584871)
If you have it would you be so kind as to send it over to us?! We're on it, kept meaning to pinch it and I forgot!

I've had a look on the computer and I can't find it at the moment.

If I find it on one of my backups I'll let you know and send it over.

Sebastian. 30 Jan 2013 23:39

So British Airways are running a competition in Victoria St. where you have to fly a flight simulator against 3 people. Who ever lands with the most skill wins.

BRB gonna get some free tickets.

duke knooby 31 Jan 2013 00:09

why is fuel soooooo cheap in the US?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-21238363

Sebastian. 31 Jan 2013 00:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by duke knooby (Post 584878)
why is fuel soooooo cheap in the US?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-21238363

How much is it?

Saudi it's like 3p a litre.

suzieq 31 Jan 2013 06:04

I paid $3.69 a gallon yesterday. Not cheap to us, we are hyperdependent on petrol. We do not have great public transport means as an option in most of the country. Long distances to and from work (cannot walk or ride a bike), spending $60 a week on gas. It all adds up. Groceries are going up again here. No increase in wages to cover the costs of living.

BostonAngel 31 Jan 2013 06:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by LucyK! (Post 584866)
Bristol was the last UK show of the 3 Bat tour in 2007.

Speaking of Bath, did anyone happen to save Kasim's Backstage Pass video from Bath and Liverpool?

I do have Kasim's Backstage Pass video saved somewhere on my computer, since I am in it. I will go hunting for it and get it to you. That was a memorable show! Wish I could do it again for this coming tour

Julie in the rv mirror 31 Jan 2013 06:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by suzieq (Post 584882)
I paid $3.69 a gallon yesterday. Not cheap to us, we are hyperdependent on petrol. We do not have great public transport means as an option in most of the country. Long distances to and from work (cannot walk or ride a bike), spending $60 a week on gas. It all adds up. Groceries are going up again here. No increase in wages to cover the costs of living.

I paid $3.89 a gallon today. We have some of the highest gas prices in the country thanks to all the local taxes. :roll: It's started creeping up again recently.

melon 31 Jan 2013 08:28

We're paying aprox $1.70 a litre here

Sent from my HTC Incredible S using Forum Runner

LucyK! 31 Jan 2013 09:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by BostonAngel (Post 584883)
I do have Kasim's Backstage Pass video saved somewhere on my computer, since I am in it. I will go hunting for it and get it to you. That was a memorable show! Wish I could do it again for this coming tour

Of course you were!! That's great Cathy,thanks!

Don't even start me on fuel costs, we were just saying this weekend that fuel is probably our biggest expense, second only to our mortgage (And Ticketmaster!) :lol:

samurai7 31 Jan 2013 10:34

Re: the fuel prices. At the moment I'm paying close to £1.40 for a LITRE of diesel here in the UK. This works out at roughly £6.35 a gallon. In US terms that's 10 bucks, folks. Per gallon. So yeah, I'm with Jonty, you guys have cheap fuel! I spend over £100 a week at the fuel pumps. Public transport is not an option in my line of work either. It doesn't help when we in the UK know that over two thirds of that is tax, even though we also have to pay a road tax duty as well, which is dependent on the type/size/emissions of your car. Something has gotta give!

chairboys 31 Jan 2013 11:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by samurai7 (Post 584890)
It doesn't help when we in the UK know that over two thirds of that is tax, even though we also have to pay a road tax duty as well

I think you are overlooking the benefits we gain from having a higher fuel and road tax.;)

samurai7 31 Jan 2013 11:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by chairboys (Post 584892)
I think you are overlooking the benefits we gain from having a higher fuel and road tax.;)

And what would they be?

chairboys 31 Jan 2013 11:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by samurai7 (Post 584894)
And what would they be?

pothole-free roads?

samurai7 31 Jan 2013 11:49

On yes... those lol. And massive swathes of unlit streets...

Sebastian. 31 Jan 2013 13:39

London tomorrow!

melon 31 Jan 2013 16:17

was going to bed.... but then I saw Shawshank Redemption was on TV.... Damn.

Adje 31 Jan 2013 16:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by melon (Post 584903)

By far the best movie adaptation of a Stephen King story :cool:

Hypnobabe 31 Jan 2013 16:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by melon (Post 584903)

I always have that problem too... Even though I have it on DVD and can watch it any time I like...

Hypnobabe 31 Jan 2013 16:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adje (Post 584904)

By far the best movie adaptation of a Stephen King story :cool:

Although The Green Mile comes a very close second...

LucyK! 31 Jan 2013 17:21

Don't think I could choose between The Green Mile and Shawshank - Shawshank is brilliant and has Morgan Freeman, but Green Mile has John Coffey! I think it might be The Green Mile...

Hypnobabe 31 Jan 2013 19:12

I have real trouble choosing between the two, and love both in part because the adaptations are so faithful to the original novels. There's very little left out or changed, no pointless action sequences or love interests introduced, and brilliant actors chosen - Tim Robbins is fantastic as Andy Dufresne, and Tom Hanks deserved an Oscar, in my opinion...

LucyK! 31 Jan 2013 19:30

I think Green Mile just edges it for me, the book was amazing too. Oddly, I think I prefer Shawshank the film over the book as it was just a short story - a brilliant short story but having seen the film first I felt the book had lots missing.

JennaG 31 Jan 2013 20:42

Why is it that I can NEVER find decent seats (or any at all in some cases) for the shows I want to go to?

It's not as If I expect front blocks necessarily, just anything that isn't way up in the back blocks. :evil:

duke knooby 01 Feb 2013 02:24

funeral was today

melon 01 Feb 2013 02:41

Didn't make it through the whole movie... Fell asleep, I've been a wreck of late, sleep-wise

Sent from my HTC Incredible S using Forum Runner