mlukfc.com Forums

mlukfc.com Forums (https://www.mlukfc.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic (https://www.mlukfc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Post your thoughts (https://www.mlukfc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4661)

duke knooby 16 Feb 2013 18:29

1. the north atlantic was a little chilly today

2. i was wondering how they test the emissions on the diesel cars... so today took the car for it for its first mot.

and i still have no idea how they measure the emissions, as they didnt test them lol

JennaG 16 Feb 2013 23:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by chairboys (Post 585357)
You may have eaten a beefburger which is causing your throat to feel horse.

Lol. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Yevonda 17 Feb 2013 01:51

Wondering why I chose to go into public accounting. Then again I wonder this every year during tax season... :-P

JennaG 17 Feb 2013 09:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yevonda (Post 585387)
Wondering why I chose to go into public accounting. Then again I wonder this every year during tax season... :-P

I ask myself a similar question although I didn't exactly choose to go into retail, I'm asking myself why I'm still doing it?

LucyK! 17 Feb 2013 13:50

Self employment all the way! :))

LucyK! 17 Feb 2013 17:47

Just caught the last hour of The Ballad Of Lucy Whipple...not exactly Hollywood but worth it to hear Meat shouting "Miss Lucy"...for me, anyway! :lol:

Monstro 17 Feb 2013 17:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by LucyK! (Post 585393)
Just caught the last hour of The Ballad Of Lucy Whipple...not exactly Hollywood but worth it to hear Meat shouting "Miss Lucy"...for me, anyway! :lol:

Figured out how to make it a ringtone yet? lol

LucyK! 17 Feb 2013 18:01

...are you in our house?? :shock:

Monstro 17 Feb 2013 18:53

No, next door. but I've got a drill!!!!!!

LucyK! 17 Feb 2013 19:09

I'm thinking that the "Miss Lucy" clip would make a fabulous alarm clock....again, for me anyway!

duke knooby 17 Feb 2013 20:26

aint well :(

JennaG 17 Feb 2013 20:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by LucyK! (Post 585392)
Self employment all the way! :))

I am not talented enough to make that a sensible option although I rather like the idea of not having to do what a bunch of people who have never actually worked on a shop floor say. ;)

Sent from my iPad using Forum Runner

LucyK! 17 Feb 2013 20:54

Exactly, the only bossy bitch I have to deal with is me :lol:

melon 18 Feb 2013 00:00

Well, here it is, the story on my skydive for charity.

http://waca.com.au/other/news_detail.php?ID=2856

Sent from my HTC Incredible S using Forum Runner

duke knooby 18 Feb 2013 00:48

tickets are finally booked :)

Battybarb 18 Feb 2013 19:30

train tickets for Manchester and London bought

Sebastian. 18 Feb 2013 20:49

Medical today, passed everything but need a doctor's note to say a condition I had as a child no longer affects me, before the medical examiner stamps the documents. Should be done this week hopefully a fitness test in the next 2 weeks then!

Hypnobabe 18 Feb 2013 21:18

After eighteen months of back and forth, it looks like we may finally have reached the end of the road :0(

RSG 18 Feb 2013 21:23

Thinkin' I might grow out my first beard. 8) In a week I'll have the closest full face beard I've ever had...

stretch37 18 Feb 2013 22:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by JennaG (Post 585402)
I am not talented enough to make that a sensible option although I rather like the idea of not having to do what a bunch of people who have never actually worked on a shop floor say. ;)

Sent from my iPad using Forum Runner

....i never thought it'd be a real option for me until i went to College...really changes how you think and helps with confidence because...well Knowing how to do stuff feels good and then all you need is a good work ethic to go along with that.

JennaG 18 Feb 2013 22:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by stretch37 (Post 585430)
....i never thought it'd be a real option for me until i went to College...really changes how you think and helps with confidence because...well Knowing how to do stuff feels good and then all you need is a good work ethic to go along with that.

I'm so glad to hear that you've found college to be such a positive thing. :D

I'd like to go and do something more worthwhile with my life one day but I think it's a case of finding a subject you enjoy and are also good enough to be able to make a success of it.

RSG 18 Feb 2013 22:56

In continuation with the beard thought...

http://media.mlxxfc.net/531987_13343...46867867_n.jpg

This is my face before... and next Monday I will post my progress ;)

AndyK 18 Feb 2013 23:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sebastian. (Post 585424)
Medical today, passed everything

Congrats again Biggles!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sebastian. (Post 585424)
but need a doctor's note to say a condition I had as a child no longer affects me, before the medical examiner stamps the documents. Should be done this week hopefully a fitness test in the next 2 weeks then!

Your childhood fear of aircraft?

stretch37 18 Feb 2013 23:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by JennaG (Post 585433)
I'm so glad to hear that you've found college to be such a positive thing. :D

I'd like to go and do something more worthwhile with my life one day but I think it's a case of finding a subject you enjoy and are also good enough to be able to make a success of it.

:D Yup, and I was in a very similar boat as you....so things can change and dreams can come true :) Took me switching programs twice to finally figure out I didn't belong in a University, but a two year College program, and that was good enough for me. I had people telling me that I was limiting myself - now I work at home and they have go to an office for 8 hours/day. So its about listening to your inner voice and learning about what you love, and then finding programs and tools that help you hone those skills

Yeah definitely, its about finding something you enjoy. Money will flow from there, and i wish you all the best of luck. I mean, You are very talented and a hard worker, just seeing all the sites you moderate and have designed/built, and you know that's special - most people would rather play XBox than spend time building an online community :-)

Sebastian. 19 Feb 2013 10:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by AndyK (Post 585441)
Congrats again Biggles!

Your childhood fear of aircraft?

YouTube Video