mlukfc.com Forums

mlukfc.com Forums (https://www.mlukfc.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic (https://www.mlukfc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Post your thoughts (https://www.mlukfc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4661)

Battybarb 23 Feb 2013 18:34

people really need to get their facts right before opening their traps,could get them in a whole heap of trouble !

JennaG 23 Feb 2013 23:08

I'm quite glad I'm not a fan of Beyonce right now.

I'm not sure I'd like the idea of paying the kind of prices I've seen her tickets going for on eBay.

RSG 24 Feb 2013 03:46

I like some of Beyonce's music videos.. usually just put em on, turn down their volume at bottom of the screen and play the music of something Steiny. :)
Can't argue she's lip syncing anything that way too ;) ;)

RSG 24 Feb 2013 08:28

My sense of humor is often dry. I'm participating in writing a 'storybook' and enjoying the short time we spend here together. Having a couple laughs and as much joy as one reasonably can. Here's to thinking my artist page will make me a career someday. :twisted: And if it won't, here's a quote:

"Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self." Cyril Connolly

duke knooby 24 Feb 2013 09:09

Stupid time to waken on a Sunday

RSG 24 Feb 2013 09:18

Haven't been to sleep and it's now Sunday.. probably should get some soon tho ;)
What time is it in belfast?

JennaG 24 Feb 2013 09:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by RSG (Post 585628)
Haven't been to sleep and it's now Sunday.. probably should get some soon tho ;)
What time is it in belfast?

Well it's 8:39 where I am and we're on the same timezone as Belfast.

duke knooby 25 Feb 2013 01:05

poor wee fox

dunno how it died, but i dont particularly fancy removing it...

equally not particularly keen on it staying out the back either

hopefully theres more foxes out and about, cause i like foxes, and i aint seen one round here in ages

tonyloaf 25 Feb 2013 08:27

harvester or frankii & bennys at the o2 arena tonight????

Cherry.Loaf 25 Feb 2013 09:19

First day of my work trial today :)Here's hoping by my next day off (March 17th I think) I'll have a new job!

chairboys 25 Feb 2013 12:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by tonyloaf (Post 585633)
harvester or frankii & bennys at the o2 arena tonight????

Harvester, by a mile.
I'm holding a grudge against our local F & B! When my kids were tiny we visited said outlet and were seated downstairs in the two-tier restaurant. They were at an age when very frequent trips to the lavatories constantly disrupted the meal. It was a particularly quiet lunchtime, virtually deserted in F & B's.
So, "I need to go to the toilet" was followed by a hike to the upstairs loos. No problem. This happened more than once. Then the nice young waitress who was serving us, kindly suggested that we may, in future, use the facilities which were only five yards from our table.
So, upon the next pitstop request, I used the room set aside for the disabled. Not something I tend to do, but I was in and out in a flash with absolutely no possibilty of delaying anyone who genuinely needed to use it.
Upon exiting the toilet I glanced across the very sparsely populated restaurant.
The manager, oblivious to the thoughtful waitress' conversation with us, shot a stare at me that, to this day, I will never ever forget. If his eyes were capable of firing lasers I would have been decapitated on the spot.

JennaG 25 Feb 2013 13:33

Frankie and Benny's has been a bit of a hit and miss experience for me. On occasions the food has been great, the service has been great and we've left happy but on other occasions it has been the complete opposite.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Monstro 25 Feb 2013 14:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by JennaG (Post 585645)
Frankie and Benny's has been a bit of a hit and miss experience for me. On occasions the food has been great, the service has been great and we've left happy but on other occasions it has been the complete opposite.

Have eaten there once, the result of which means it'll be a cold day in hell before I eat there again. Fortunately there's always a choice so very unlikely they'll be given a second chance.

duke knooby 25 Feb 2013 15:20

the sun is shining, the sky is a beautiful blue, theres not a cloud to be seen anywhere, no wind at all, im on holiday all week, got a gig to go to on my birthday... and meats dates have been confirmed

somedays are just FANTASTIC :)

chairboys 25 Feb 2013 15:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by duke knooby (Post 585653)
im on holiday all week

enjoy your week off.

duke knooby 25 Feb 2013 15:33

thank you

LucyK! 25 Feb 2013 18:32

Just made a noise outloud at a KFC advert...oh dear!

duke knooby 25 Feb 2013 18:56

The one with the dips box?

LucyK! 25 Feb 2013 19:10

Yes!!!

Battybarb 25 Feb 2013 19:35

gone really cold again

samurai7 25 Feb 2013 20:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by Monstro (Post 585651)
Have eaten there once, the result of which means it'll be a cold day in hell before I eat there again. Fortunately there's always a choice so very unlikely they'll be given a second chance.

There's three near me, and I've found them all to be very good indeed. However Harvester has the salad bar, so that also gets a thumbs up.

AndyK 25 Feb 2013 20:08

Anything with a salad bar is good, loading the bowl with as much as possibleis an art form many haven't trained in. (Tomatoes always go in your pocket as they take up too much space!)

LucyK! 25 Feb 2013 20:16

I kid you not, you've not experienced a salad bar until you've done it with Andy! There's a whole "right way" to fill the bowl as full as you can, it's an education!

Monstro 25 Feb 2013 21:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by LucyK! (Post 585672)
I kid you not, you've not experienced a salad bar until you've done it with Andy! There's a whole "right way" to fill the bowl as full as you can, it's an education!

Must admit that some of the fun left when Pizza Hut let you refill your salad bowl as many times as you want lol

Hypnobabe 25 Feb 2013 21:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by AndyK (Post 585669)
Anything with a salad bar is good, loading the bowl with as much as possibleis an art form many haven't trained in. (Tomatoes always go in your pocket as they take up too much space!)

The people in Hong Kong do it best, so I'm told, as they don't have shredded iceberg lettuce, instead they have kos lettuce, which they used to line the outside of the bowl to make a massive bowl... Talk about getting the most for your money, lol...