mlukfc.com Forums

mlukfc.com Forums (https://www.mlukfc.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic (https://www.mlukfc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Post your thoughts (https://www.mlukfc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4661)

duke knooby 26 Mar 2013 22:54

i have no idea about current pop music!!!

just saw an advert for now 84, and have no idea who most of the performers are lol

suzieq 27 Mar 2013 04:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by misterfive (Post 586820)
By the way there is no need to be critical about my opinion, but lets all be completely honest.

No one is being critical of your opinion.....it's when you lump people into the "let's face it" and "lets ALL be completely honest".....verbage followed by an opinion which some don't share. See the difference. I don't agree with your opinion of his vocals. I like the "live" Giving Tree with the breathiness .... he lives within the song. I feel it to be organic. I'm not going to convince you to like it or see it my way. I'm not attacking you or being "critical", just disagreeing with you.

And I do agree with Melon, people have knee replacements all the time regardless of occupation, hobby, or age for that matter.

Julie in the rv mirror 27 Mar 2013 07:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Happy (Post 586648)
Just got a ticket to a second Springsteen show. Rod Laver on Tuesday, Hanging Rock on Sunday. I'm so unbelievably pumped :D

Sooo...... how was the show? :-)

Vickip 27 Mar 2013 14:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by suzieq (Post 586877)
No one is being critical of your opinion.....it's when you lump people into the "let's face it" and "lets ALL be completely honest".....verbage followed by an opinion which some don't share. See the difference. I don't agree with your opinion of his vocals. I like the "live" Giving Tree with the breathiness .... he lives within the song. I feel it to be organic. I'm not going to convince you to like it or see it my way. I'm not attacking you or being "critical", just disagreeing with you.

And I do agree with Melon, people have knee replacements all the time regardless of occupation, hobby, or age for that matter.

:up: I second that Suzie. And imho watching Meat perform The Giving Tree
and Mad Mad World live last summer were truly spectacular, one of the
highlights of the entire tour :-)

As far as the knee replacements go, my Mom (who's 81) has been saying
for years that she needs to have hers replaced. She's not a performer on
stage, but she sometimes I have a hard time keeping up with her !

CarylB 27 Mar 2013 15:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by misterfive (Post 586820)
So sue me for worrying about my personal hero enough to put out there that he should quit live preforming. That part of his life is over, I don't think he should quit singing but doing tours where he passes out and requires knee surgery isn't a good idea. And with his waning vocals it might be a good idea to stress them out.

He preforms, even performs, just fine for me. You make it sound like he routinely "passes out" (which is utter tosh), or routinely has difficulty .. ditto. And as Mel says, you cannot lay his knee surgery directly at the door of touring. Meat was heavily into sports and remains an energetic man .. the strain on his joints won't be simply due to touring, the improvement should enhance his whole life, not merely moving on stage.

I saw some of the best shows I've seen last tour, and expect to see some great ones next month. Meat imo is entitled to make his own decisions and do what HE wants to do. Hopefully this will include some shows from time to time, because he is a consummate performer in the round .. not merely a man who comes on stage to sing a number of songs, and should not imo be judged as such. He is bigger than that, fills and lights up the stage, makes a connection with his audience that is surpassed by none.

misterfive 28 Mar 2013 07:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by melon (Post 586822)
I don't think the touring has necessarily resulted in him needing knee surgery... People have knee replacements all the time, and they're people that don't tour and perform....

Sent from my HTC Incredible S using Forum Runner

Yes but standing in place while hitting power notes doesn't help.

Mr. Happy 28 Mar 2013 12:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by Julie in the rv mirror (Post 586881)
Sooo...... how was the show? :-)

I had the time of my life. Holy crap. Two nights on and I'm still in shock, he's more incredible than I could have possibly imagined live. I lost my shit when he started playing We Are Alive. I wasn't expecting to get that all, so I may or may not have got a little more excited than I should have when I realised what he's speech before it was preluding :lol: The dedication to Clarence in My City of Ruins was beautiful, too. I teared up when he went over to Clarence's side of the stage and did his thing. Lots of morons didn't quite get it and did the usual catcalling, though :roll:

Oh, and he ~~~~ed up Badlands! They got to the false ending, and there was the count in to come back in...and more than one person went into completely the wrong section somehow. "Key of E, boys!" :lol:

Sunday can't come soon enough, I have to do that all over again. I'm lining up hours and hours early to get right at the front of the GA this time (I had pretty dodgy seats Tuesday), so it's going to be even better. If that's possible :cool: I'm tossing up between Racing in the Street, Kingdom of Days, Drive All Night and Land of Hope and Dreams as a sign request. I know he might do LOHAD anyway, so I'm not leaning towards it, but it's the one song I really want to hear. So it's under consideration. What's your advice on that song selection? I'm very undecided as to what I'd prefer right now :D

LucyK! 28 Mar 2013 13:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Happy (Post 586952)
I had the time of my life. Holy crap. Two nights on and I'm still in shock

That's what The Boss will do to ya :)) There's no way to explain a live Bruce show, you've got to experience it.

How did you find Jake in the absence of Clarence? We were nervous about someone "replacing" Clarence but completely fell in love with Jake almost immediately, he certainly takes after his Uncle!

AndyK 28 Mar 2013 13:22

It has to be Racing In The Street out of that list of yours. If nothing else then you get to hear Roy work his stuff. Although there's a part of me that says don't choose that one ... in case Bruce picks it and then there's potentially less of a chance for us to hear it in the rotation when he gets to the UK, in which case go for Kingdom of Day or LOHAD, the former I'm not keen on anyway and the latter I've heard enough to not really miss it.

Queuing up for the GA is well worth it. Enjoy!

LucyK! 28 Mar 2013 13:24

See, I wouldn't mind if they left Racing In The Street out of the UK set list, we seem to have had it quite a lot, I'd much prefer Backstreets.

The GA queues are unreal (days long!) but SO worth it! Have a great time!

Mr. Happy 28 Mar 2013 13:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by LucyK! (Post 586953)
How did you find Jake in the absence of Clarence? We were nervous about someone "replacing" Clarence but completely fell in love with Jake almost immediately, he certainly takes after his Uncle!

From that one show I've seen, I think he's the perfect person to step up into Clarence's spot. Not only does he know how work the saxophone, he's also a great foil for Bruce. Seems like a great personality to have on stage. I can't fault him at all, he's got big shoes to fill but he's doing an awesome job of it :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by AndyK (Post 586954)
It has to be Racing In The Street out of that list of yours. If nothing else then you get to hear Roy work his stuff. Although there's a part of me that says don't choose that one ... in case Bruce picks it and then there's potentially less of a chance for us to hear it in the rotation when he gets to the UK, in which case go for Kingdom of Day or LOHAD, the former I'm not keen on anyway and the latter I've heard enough to not really miss it.

I mean this in the nicest way possible, but the fact he might not play it in the UK isn't going to stop me bringing a sign! :lol: Roy's piano was my entire train of thought for approaching Racing, I can't get enough of that.

We'll see, I have a few days to decide yet :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by AndyK (Post 586954)
Queuing up for the GA is well worth it. Enjoy!

Quote:

Originally Posted by LucyK! (Post 586955)
The GA queues are unreal (days long!) but SO worth it! Have a great time!

Thank you! I most definitely will :D

chairboys 29 Mar 2013 17:21

Hotel booked for B'ham. All systems go.

melon 30 Mar 2013 15:34

My skydive for charity :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0M0Ri...ature=youtu.be

Raised $1525

AndyK 30 Mar 2013 16:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by melon (Post 587050)

Raised $1525

Well done!!

I thought you'd just got a cheap flight to the UK and were parachuting in to save money :))

duke knooby 30 Mar 2013 19:46

Quote:

Raised $1525

that was amazing!!

congrats and very well done...

melon 31 Mar 2013 01:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by AndyK (Post 587053)
Well done!!

I thought you'd just got a cheap flight to the UK and were parachuting in to save money :))

The thought did cross my mind :twisted:

Quote:

Originally Posted by duke knooby (Post 587064)
that was amazing!!

congrats and very well done...

And thanks to the both of you

The Flying Mouse 31 Mar 2013 01:07

:twisted: Well done Mel 8) :up:

melon 31 Mar 2013 01:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Flying Mouse (Post 587078)
:twisted: Well done Mel 8) :up:

Cheers Mouse

Vickip 31 Mar 2013 01:28

Quote:

Raised $1525

Congratulations !

Battybarb 31 Mar 2013 03:08

Quote:

Raised $1525

well done Mel and very brave , my daughter did it a couple of years ago for meningitis and I thought then anyone who does it has really got some guts to do the skydive :-)

melon 31 Mar 2013 03:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vickip (Post 587082)
Congratulations !

Quote:

Originally Posted by Battybarb (Post 587085)
well done Mel and very brave , my daughter did it a couple of years ago for meningitis and I thought then anyone who does it has really got some guts to do the skydive :-)

Thank you both :-)

duke knooby 31 Mar 2013 04:02

mel, have your ears recovered yet??

Yevonda 31 Mar 2013 04:56

Guess working 7 days a week and crohn's disease does not mix. After a month of non stop working my body finally said enough. Pretty much slept the last two days. Hopefully will start to feel better soon... :(

melon 31 Mar 2013 05:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by duke knooby (Post 587089)
mel, have your ears recovered yet??

I think so, but you know how sometimes you think they're fine, then they pop again? I think that might be the case.

They feel ok though

chairboys 31 Mar 2013 11:54

congrats mel.