mlukfc.com Forums

mlukfc.com Forums (https://www.mlukfc.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic (https://www.mlukfc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Post your thoughts (https://www.mlukfc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4661)

Battybarb 16 May 2013 01:59

Some people have really pushed their luck now , but karma is just around the corner !

melon 16 May 2013 03:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by Battybarb (Post 591805)
Some people have really pushed their luck now , but karma is just around the corner !

Sorry..... Lol

Sent from my HTC Incredible S using Forum Runner

melon 16 May 2013 08:07

OMFG 2 FREAKIN SLEEPS AND I'M LEAVING ON A BIG JET PLANE!!

tonyloaf 16 May 2013 08:54

Yessss

melon 16 May 2013 09:08

Still got Gaelic football training, a full day of work, a Gaelic football match, packing and a visit to the vet to fit in too.

LucyK! 16 May 2013 09:18

I love my Meat Loaf family :heart:

melon 16 May 2013 11:01

Ha ha, someone at work just tried to tell me I have to come in on Saturday... I laughed... Good try.

kathymja 16 May 2013 13:20

Not feeling too great today. Not sick, more emotionally. I hadn't listened to any Meat since the show but I put on It Just Won't Quit this morning and his voice just gave me shivers. I can't believe that's it for me. Never gonna see the man that got me through 19 odd years of my life again. And then that makes me think of all the crap his music got me through.. Oh, sad Thursday :(

Little rant, over and out.

AndrewG 16 May 2013 13:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by kathymja (Post 591831)
Not feeling too great today. Not sick, more emotionally. I hadn't listened to any Meat since the show but I put on It Just Won't Quit this morning and his voice just gave me shivers. I can't believe that's it for me. Never gonna see the man that got me through 19 odd years of my life again. And then that makes me think of all the crap his music got me through.. Oh, sad Thursday :(

Little rant, over and out.

Maybe look at it from a more positive perspective would cheer you up. His music was a source of positive energy for you for so long.
Indeed nothing lasts forever and everything eventually ends but perhaps it is exactly that that makes things special, unique and memorable.

Besides it looks like he isn't quite done with making music just yet.

Been a fan of Meat's music for about the same amount of time. Certainly in the nineties it helped me a lot to get inspired, build things and was just a fab source for my creativity which I don't think I would have developed as well without his music.

Sending positive vibes your way...

LucyK! 16 May 2013 14:01

I'm clinging onto Andrew's post for dear life lol

It's definitely a sad time, can't even imagine how I'm going to feel when I leave the MEN arena next week knowing it's all done, but honestly, if I think like that all the time I'm going to end up in therapy! :lol:

Had to giggle, at the Belfast show I was sitting next to two women from the M&G (Liz and her sister who was lovely but I can't remember her name!)...the sister got really emotional at the beginning of Heaven Can Wait when Meat was saying his Thank You's, and Liz turned to her and said "calm down, he's not dead!" and I just had to laugh, because it's true!

I'm not going to dumb-down how big a deal the "farewell tour" is for everyone, I guess we just have to think of this as the next step...

kathymja 16 May 2013 14:07

Both those posts are making me teary! Just having a bad day I guess.. It's so nice to see how much everyone on here cares about him. I'd been searching from 13 years old for people like you guys and I'm gutted I only discovered this forum last year!

LucyK! 16 May 2013 14:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by kathymja (Post 591838)
I'd been searching from 13 years old for people like you guys and I'm gutted I only discovered this forum last year!

Just be glad you got here eventually, better late than never :)

duke knooby 16 May 2013 14:40

Uhhhh ohhhh

Police want to speak to me lol

LucyK! 16 May 2013 14:42

Uhhh ohhh...what did you do to ML? lol

AndrewG 16 May 2013 14:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by duke knooby (Post 591848)
Uhhhh ohhhh

Police want to speak to me lol

The money was just resting in your account, right?

duke knooby 16 May 2013 15:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by AndrewG (Post 591855)
The money was just resting in your account, right?

Lol, what's that dougal?

Nah, lookin for me to give a statement is seems

Spent the last week listening to statements, and now I've to give one lol

JennaG 16 May 2013 15:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by LucyK! (Post 591836)
It's definitely a sad time, can't even imagine how I'm going to feel when I leave the MEN arena next week knowing it's all done, but honestly, if I think like that all the time I'm going to end up in therapy! :lol:

I'm having a thought time dealing with the fact that for me, it's going to be all over this time next week and in a way it's making it difficult to look forward to the Nottingham show as I'll know in my mind that it really is the end.

It makes me want to cry just thinking about it. :'(

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

CarylB 16 May 2013 19:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by LucyK! (Post 591836)
Had to giggle, at the Belfast show I was sitting next to two women from the M&G (Liz and her sister who was lovely but I can't remember her name!)...the sister got really emotional at the beginning of Heaven Can Wait when Meat was saying his Thank You's, and Liz turned to her and said "calm down, he's not dead!" and I just had to laugh, because it's true!

Yes :-) He'll still be in the world, our world, making music, acting, being the great guy he is .. and with a bit less stress we're more likely to have him around for much longer ;)

Guy 16 May 2013 19:37

I'm feeling the love all round. God bless mlukfc.
Its not over yet though. :0)

tonyloaf 16 May 2013 20:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guy (Post 591899)

And it won't be, the music is still coming and the friendships on here keep growing

Cherry.Loaf 16 May 2013 20:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guy (Post 591899)

I hope not I've booked tickets for August :D

duke knooby 16 May 2013 21:32

ive got euros

duke knooby 16 May 2013 23:17

i really have got to find away to block gumtree on this flapflop

i need to get rid of stuff, not buy more shit

duke knooby 16 May 2013 23:35

bloody hell... forgot its the nw200 weekend

dublin gig, or bikes???

Sebastian. 16 May 2013 23:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by duke knooby (Post 591932)
bloody hell... forgot its the nw200 weekend

dublin gig, or bikes???

Dublin gig!