mlukfc.com Forums

mlukfc.com Forums (https://www.mlukfc.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic (https://www.mlukfc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Post your thoughts (https://www.mlukfc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4661)

tonyloaf 15 Jul 2013 16:13

:)

melon 17 Jul 2013 12:37

Great... soooo sick

tonyloaf 17 Jul 2013 12:50

I also have lemsips

Hypnobabe 17 Jul 2013 15:07

Tonyloaf, are you angling for a job at the Bat Nd Belfry?! ;0)

tonyloaf 17 Jul 2013 18:40

:)

JennaG 17 Jul 2013 19:01

Didn't win anything. :(

Deena J 17 Jul 2013 20:20

Two days in a row without air conditioning... It is currently 81 degrees Fahrenheit in my apartment right now. That's on top of the thick humidity that never ceases here in Arkansas.

Ugh!!!!!

HOW did people live without AC in the past? Boggles the mind...

JennaG 17 Jul 2013 21:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deena J (Post 595449)
Two days in a row without air conditioning... It is currently 81 degrees Fahrenheit in my apartment right now. That's on top of the thick humidity that never ceases here in Arkansas.

Ugh!!!!!

According to my phone it is 81 degrees Fahrenheit here and it's 8:20 pm.

We've not had a summer like this for a couple of years and I don't think many British homes are equipped for these heat spells. We don't have AC and a lot of people have to make do with just electric fans.

I have a kids paddling pool I bought a couple of years ago when I was working in the toy shop and it's been a godsend.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Yevonda 17 Jul 2013 21:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by melon (Post 595443)
Great... soooo sick

Quote:

Ugh!!!!!

Mel, I hope you are feeling better.

Deena, I couldn't imagine not having A/C. I live in California where it gets to be 110+ for days straight but we do not have the humidity you do. A few weeks back it was 112-115 with a high humidity for about 4 or 5 days and it was miserable. There really is a such thing as a 'dry heat'.

BostonAngel 17 Jul 2013 21:44

Quote:

Ugh!!!!!

That sucks. I have you beat though. it is 85 degrees in my house. I live at home and mom doesn't believe in turning on the A/C. :roll: :evil:
We also get the awful humidity here in Boston. Hopefully cooler days are ahead.

Guy 17 Jul 2013 22:41

praise the sun. I love it. Lots of ice creams and cold beers. :0)

JennaG 17 Jul 2013 22:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guy (Post 595453)
praise the sun. I love it. Lots of ice creams and cold beers. :0)

It's times like this that I wish I was able to eat ice cream.

tonyloaf 17 Jul 2013 23:32

Cream tea?

Deena J 17 Jul 2013 23:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by JennaG (Post 595450)
According to my phone it is 81 degrees Fahrenheit here and it's 8:20 pm.

We've not had a summer like this for a couple of years and I don't think many British homes are equipped for these heat spells. We don't have AC and a lot of people have to make do with just electric fans.

I have a kids paddling pool I bought a couple of years ago when I was working in the toy shop and it's been a godsend.

I finally got the apartment cooling down early this afternoon. It's a good thing too because according to the local news station, the weather is 94 degrees (but with the humidity, the weatherman said it feels like 97 degrees instead). **heave** :shock:

As for the electric fan, I keep one blowing near my bed 24/7! LOL My Daddy says it is because I am use to the "white noise." But I beg to differ; I can't sleep when it is hot! Who cares about NOISE?! :roll: LOL

And I gotta be honest, because I've never been out of the United States... I never equated that area with heat spells. :oops: Maaan, sooner or later, I will have to expand my horizons! :lol:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yevonda (Post 595451)

Deena, I couldn't imagine not having A/C. I live in California where it gets to be 110+ for days straight but we do not have the humidity you do. A few weeks back it was 112-115 with a high humidity for about 4 or 5 days and it was miserable. There really is a such thing as a 'dry heat'.

Yeah, dry heat is a huge difference. I had a cousin (passed away a couple years ago now) who lived in Phoenix, Arizona & worked there as a carpenter. He came to the family reunion in Monticello, Arkansas on the 4th of July. I swear, within the hour, he looked like he had been tossed head-long into a swimming pool, he was soaked with sweat. The humidity got to him!

Quote:

Originally Posted by BostonAngel (Post 595452)
That sucks. I have you beat though. it is 85 degrees in my house. I live at home and mom doesn't believe in turning on the A/C. :roll: :evil:
We also get the awful humidity here in Boston. Hopefully cooler days are ahead.

Who doesn't believe in turning on the AC? :shock: Oh my word, I could NOT come to Boston & visit you at home! We'd have to meet somewhere else (cooler). As for cooler days, that's a double edge sword for me... Cooler days just means the school year has begun again. And THIS educator might love her job; but she loves sleeping in just as much! LOL

Sebastian. 18 Jul 2013 00:11

48C/118F in Riyadh tomorrow!

Can't wait to go back in August.

Julie in the rv mirror 18 Jul 2013 05:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yevonda

That's so true. I've been in Vegas and Arizona when it was 112-114, and while it was hot, I've felt worse in Chicago on an 85-degree day.

JennaG 18 Jul 2013 08:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deena J (Post 595456)
And I gotta be honest, because I've never been out of the United States... I never equated that area with heat spells. :oops: Maaan, sooner or later, I will have to expand my horizons! :lol:

Well if you ever plan a trip to the UK let me know. :D

Sebastian. 18 Jul 2013 14:11

The waiting game.....

melon 18 Jul 2013 14:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yevonda (Post 595451)

I'm feeling much better today thanks Yevonda, still a bit off, but much better. Last night I had a jumper on over my pj's, curled up in a ball in my bed with the winter sheets on, heater blasting away at top speed set to 30 degrees C (86F) and I was STILL freezing my ass off despite the fact I was burning up. Ached all over, could barely move, splitting headache, swollen glands around my neck... not fun. It all hit in the space of an hour too, finished my gym session at 8am, by 9am I was a shivering mess.

Quote:

Originally Posted by JennaG (Post 595454)
It's times like this that I wish I was able to eat ice cream.

What about sorbet?

Jules13 18 Jul 2013 14:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by melon (Post 595466)
I'm feeling much better today thanks Yevonda, still a bit off, but much better. Last night I had a jumper on over my pj's, curled up in a ball in my bed with the winter sheets on, heater blasting away at top speed set to 30 degrees C (86F) and I was STILL freezing my ass off despite the fact I was burning up. Ached all over, could barely move, splitting headache, swollen glands around my neck... not fun. It all hit in the space of an hour too, finished my gym session at 8am, by 9am I was a shivering mess.

Oh dear, that really sounds aweful. :shock: Take care and get well soon!

JennaG 18 Jul 2013 14:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by melon (Post 595466)
What about sorbet?

Sorbet is good although I haven't had that since we went to Beverly. That was a really nice sorbet. :) :)

(Feel better soon btw)

melon 18 Jul 2013 14:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jules13 (Post 595467)
Oh dear, that really sounds aweful. :shock: Take care and get well soon!

Thanks Jules, I'm hoping that the faint traces of ear aches that I have right now don't get any worse!

tonyloaf 18 Jul 2013 18:28

Hot ribina , have I told you that :)

Adje 18 Jul 2013 19:13

Bought an airco today and all of a sudden the World looks (and feels) much better when getting indoors :D

Cherry.Loaf 19 Jul 2013 08:32

Went to see the Cornetto Trilogy last night (Sean of the Dead, Hot Fuzz and The Worlds End) Great fun even if we did leave the cinema at 2am and I was up at 7 XD