mlukfc.com Forums

mlukfc.com Forums (https://www.mlukfc.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic (https://www.mlukfc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Post your thoughts (https://www.mlukfc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4661)

JennaG 16 Aug 2013 12:32

At least there's one good thing to end this awful week on. ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Hypnobabe 16 Aug 2013 13:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by duke knooby (Post 596320)
Not well

Feel better soon x

duke knooby 16 Aug 2013 14:56

Thanks, feelin a good bit better now

Hypnobabe 16 Aug 2013 17:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by duke knooby (Post 596323)
Thanks, feelin a good bit better now

Cor, I knew I was good, but I didn't realise I had healing powers via the Internet!! Lol...

tonyloaf 16 Aug 2013 18:10

Ready to rock , and win my bet

JennaG 16 Aug 2013 18:16

Well perhaps my week might have a more positive end than I thought. I went shopping with my sister and came away with a job interview.

Adje 17 Aug 2013 13:10

And just like that... suddenly I don't care anymore for an upcoming LAB DVD. Bleh:(

Meat Loaf_fan 17 Aug 2013 13:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adje (Post 596418)
And just like that... suddenly I don't care anymore for an upcoming LAB DVD. Bleh:(

I care. Why? I remember that Amy and Elaine Goff left the band or Steve Buslowe ... In other words - I think that Meat will to try do his best and give us fantastic DVD. ;)

anotherday 17 Aug 2013 13:30

Quote:

if you're only reason for watching a meat loaf DVD or SHOW was Patti... That's just silly!

AndrewG 17 Aug 2013 13:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by anotherday (Post 596422)
if you're only reason for watching a meat loaf DVD or SHOW was Patti... That's just silly!

YOU are silly!

Adje 17 Aug 2013 14:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by anotherday (Post 596422)

LOL no it's not the only reason. Assuming that it is is silly :roll:

AFL, Paradise, Dead Ringer + + + work well because they are a tandem on stage. Patti has the same improvisation skills that Meat has, which is needed with an entertainer like Meat. She puts the emotion in the song/lyrics that the song needs. She is more than just a vocal addition. SHe is part of those songs.

Aspen, technically a good singer, lacked those skills. And there was hardly any chemistry in their duets. These two blondes -I've seen several video's now- seem to have the same problem. Aspen was vocally stronger than the blonde ladies btw. But that could be because they might have been nervous.

You don't get the 'extra that' in a few months. Patti worked with him for 20 years. That lack of chemistry and thus the lack of emotion WILL be missed for sure. That ruins the image I still have of the LAB tour.

So not looking forward to a LAB show now.

Meat Loaf_fan 17 Aug 2013 14:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adje (Post 596424)
LOL no it's not the only reason. Assuming that it is is silly :roll:

AFL, Paradise, Dead Ringer + + + work well because they are a tandem on stage. Patti has the same improvisation skills that Meat has, which is needed with an entertainer like Meat. She puts the emotion in the song/lyrics that the song needs. She is more than just a vocal addition. SHe is part of those songs.

Aspen, technically a good singer, lacked those skills. And there was hardly any chemistry in their duets. These two blondes -I've seen several video's now- seem to have the same problem. Aspen was vocally stronger than the blonde ladies btw. But that could be because they might have been nervous.

You don't get the 'extra that' in a few months. Patti worked with him for 20 years. That lack of chemistry and thus the lack of emotion WILL be missed for sure. That ruins the image I still have of the LAB tour.

So not looking forward to a LAB show now.

Lack of chemistry between Meat and new female singers? Yes, but only if you think Vegas shows ... Till next year (concerts in New York) it will be enough time. ;)

PS. I wonder if you have the same thoughts in the past - in the early 90's when Goff sisters left the band? ;)

AndrewG 17 Aug 2013 14:23

Patti has been in the band for 20 years. Meat Loaf didn't even tour 20 years with Bat before then so it makes no sense comparing Patti to female singers who were in the band 3-4 years. Patti is also the only one who has appeared on a dozen or so studio songs since she joined the band.

Goff / Russo more like comparing apples and pears.

Meat Loaf_fan 17 Aug 2013 14:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by AndrewG (Post 596427)
... Goff / Russo more like comparing apples and pears.

I don't agree. ;)

duke knooby 17 Aug 2013 15:04

Patti was amazing and brought so much to the shows. I wish her luck and happiness in what ever path she chooses next.

Who ever has the job of replacing her has one hell of an act to follow

Adje 17 Aug 2013 15:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by Meat Loaf_fan (Post 596426)
PS. I wonder if you have the same thoughts in the past - in the early 90's when Goff sisters left the band? ;)

To be honest, The Goffs, to me, have always been 'just' an addition to the band. They were a good addition but not to the extend of Patti. Then again, as Andrew pointed out, she has been part of this for 20 years and even in her early days she had that 'emotional-dramatic' presence in both her voice and performance.

I'm not saying Patti is a better singer than the Goffs, Aspen or any of the women performing with Meat. But she was the best performer of the songs. Experience and talent have brought her there. It's more than unlikely that these two new women will get that 'touch' in time. If they even get it at all....

But, hey. They are blonde, they are cute. They can sing (although they eem very nervous for this show) so they will do well. They just don't have that 'extra' in my eyes. Nor did the Goffs, in my opinion ;)

Evil One 17 Aug 2013 15:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adje (Post 596435)
although they eem very nervous for this show

In fairness you'd be nervous if it was your first show too. :twisted:

Adje 17 Aug 2013 15:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evil One (Post 596436)
In fairness you'd be nervous if it was your first show too. :twisted:

Actually that was my point. ;) I'm sure they can sing

Evil One 17 Aug 2013 16:13

Quote:

Look at it this way: You're never going to see another show live again anyway. You already have numerous recordings of songs with Patti on them so here's a chance for something new. :shrug:

Adje 17 Aug 2013 16:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evil One (Post 596438)
Look at it this way: You're never going to see another show live again anyway. You already have numerous recordings of songs with Patti on them so here's a chance for something new. :shrug:

Hmmm maybe we're all gonna be lucky then. Maybe Meat is doing it entirely different and we see Meat do half of the show in duet with Justin Bieber... :twisted:

Meat Loaf_fan 17 Aug 2013 16:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adje (Post 596439)
Hmmm maybe we're all gonna be lucky then. Maybe Meat is doing it entirely different ...

I'm hoping that he (Meat) will try even harder to do fantastic shows. :cool:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adje (Post 596439)
... in duet with Justin Bieber... :twisted:

:shock: You reveal your secret dream. ;)

JennaG 18 Aug 2013 09:52

There is a Greggs at this service station where we're staying.

Evil One 18 Aug 2013 12:34

Car insurance. My favourite time of the year. :roll:

AndrewG 18 Aug 2013 12:37

Bad Attitude... One of the lesser albums yet the title is so very very very apt.

Wario 18 Aug 2013 12:41

Maybe Meat wanted two blondes. Maybe he had to terminate Patti so he could do just that.

Im sure nothing was personal.