mlukfc.com Forums

mlukfc.com Forums (https://www.mlukfc.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic (https://www.mlukfc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Post your thoughts (https://www.mlukfc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4661)

Jules13 03 Oct 2013 21:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by melon (Post 598312)
YOUNG, no one should die so YOUNG...... Auto correct :roll:

Now I do understand it... ;)

Sorry to hear that Mel. Hope you are ok...

Yevonda 03 Oct 2013 21:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by melon (Post 598307)
No one should die so much, RIP little Alfie

Sent from my HTC Incredible S using Forum Runner

Sorry for your loss Mel.

AndyK 05 Oct 2013 08:02

Body clock is screwed. A few days ago I wasn't even ready for bed at this time. Now I'm getting up.

melon 05 Oct 2013 13:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jules13 (Post 598315)
Now I do understand it... ;)

Sorry to hear that Mel. Hope you are ok...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yevonda (Post 598317)
Sorry for your loss Mel.

Thanks, one of the girls from my cricket team lost her 11 month old son. She hasn't played for a couple of years but all of us older players know her.

It was rather tragic circumstances.

Yevonda 05 Oct 2013 16:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by melon (Post 598336)
Thanks, one of the girls from my cricket team lost her 11 month old son. She hasn't played for a couple of years but all of us older players know her.

It was rather tragic circumstances.

Wow, really sorry to hear that. I couldn't imagine going through something of that nature. I hope your friend is going to be okay!

duke knooby 05 Oct 2013 17:48

7 mins quicker... and the seats still too low

Sebastian. 06 Oct 2013 00:34

http://i.imgur.com/yo14A4n.jpg

My favourite JetBlue aircraft name.

duke knooby 06 Oct 2013 01:29

5 hours 30 till work

melon 06 Oct 2013 20:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yevonda (Post 598340)

Wow, really sorry to hear that. I couldn't imagine going through something of that nature. I hope your friend is going to be okay!

Basically it was a mix up between the parents, normally she would take him to child care in the morning, but the dad was supposed to this time, she put Alfie in the dads car ready to go, the dad either didn't realise or forgot and went to work. He went to pick Alfie up from day care in the afternoon, was told that he wasn't dropped off and found his son in the back of his car still strapped into his car seat. The funeral is on Friday.

A terrible, terrible mistake that they have to live with now, I hope their marriage survives, because they are going to need each other now more than ever.

LucyK! 06 Oct 2013 20:31

Jesus...that's beyond belief...that poor couple, what an unthinkable thing to go through. Certainly puts real life into perspective!

Vickip 06 Oct 2013 21:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by LucyK! (Post 598366)
Jesus...that's beyond belief...that poor couple, what an unthinkable thing to go through. Certainly puts real life into perspective!

Absolutely :( I just can't imagine what they must be going through.

tonyloaf 06 Oct 2013 22:11

Mega jet lag

LucyK! 06 Oct 2013 23:28

I'd never had jet lag before but I barely slept in Vegas either...arrived back here at 8am (UK time) on Thursday and it's taken until today to sleep enough to feel normal again, been staggering around like a drunk for three days! And that wasn't the Rocktellz Cocktail!

Sebastian. 07 Oct 2013 00:40

Only time I've ever had bad jetlag is when I returned from Tokyo.

melon 07 Oct 2013 06:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by LucyK! (Post 598366)

And what's not making it any easier is that its all through the media and some people are commenting quite cruelly on it

Jules13 07 Oct 2013 11:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by melon (Post 598364)
Basically it was a mix up between the parents, normally she would take him to child care in the morning, but the dad was supposed to this time, she put Alfie in the dads car ready to go, the dad either didn't realise or forgot and went to work. He went to pick Alfie up from day care in the afternoon, was told that he wasn't dropped off and found his son in the back of his car still strapped into his car seat. The funeral is on Friday.

A terrible, terrible mistake that they have to live with now, I hope their marriage survives, because they are going to need each other now more than ever.

No words for that. It is really more than horrible.
Hope they get together trough it...

Yevonda 07 Oct 2013 21:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by melon (Post 598364)

I don't even know what to say. That is a horrible thing that has happened. The fact that it is being ran through the media and people are making comments, only makes it worse. People on the outside have no idea what those parents will live through or with for the rest of their life. They do not need to hear others rude comments on top of the pain they are already feeling.

I do hope they can work through this!

duke knooby 07 Oct 2013 23:19

found me a cheap laptop...

but its windys 8 :(

tonyloaf 07 Oct 2013 23:51

Very impressed with virgin airways cabin crew girls

Sebastian. 07 Oct 2013 23:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by tonyloaf (Post 598396)

Nothing compared to Emirates, believe me!

duke knooby 08 Oct 2013 00:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by tonyloaf (Post 598396)

:shock:

i thought you were on a date with Guy

tonyloaf 08 Oct 2013 00:50

If only you knew what Lucy was going on about

melon 08 Oct 2013 01:00

I'm a cripple... My back is so sore...

RSG 08 Oct 2013 03:28

The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog

melon 08 Oct 2013 14:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by melon (Post 598401)
I'm a cripple... My back is so sore...

Spasms