mlukfc.com Forums

mlukfc.com Forums (https://www.mlukfc.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic (https://www.mlukfc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Post your thoughts (https://www.mlukfc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4661)

duke knooby 28 Feb 2014 01:48

stuffed :)

and no cake!!

but the guinness was good :)

Sebastian. 28 Feb 2014 02:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guy (Post 601441)
Well Happy Birthday Duke.
; 0)

Merry birthday.

Adje 28 Feb 2014 02:47

Hope you had a great birthday, Duke!:cool:

melon 28 Feb 2014 03:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by duke knooby (Post 601455)

and no cake!!

Happy birthday duke!

Sent from my GT-I9197 using Forum Runner

melon 28 Feb 2014 03:21

Not just for Bruce fans, but an article on curing post tour blues :)

http://www.burgersandbruce.com/2013/...1#.Uw-vzPl_vmo

Julie in the rv mirror 28 Feb 2014 05:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by melon (Post 601462)

I know it well. :( Last Summer was pure torture for me- we got no shows at all last year.

The best cure is a new tour, which fortunately, we are getting this year! :-)

Julie in the rv mirror 28 Feb 2014 06:01

I was just reading a review of the Brisbane show, and I thought this was pretty funny: :lol:

Quote:

On one of his crowd-surfing sessions, Springsteen got more than he bargained for. He arrived back on stage with a toy kangaroo tucked under his arm, and a mobile phone inserted into his back pocket. “That's a first,” he quipped. “I don't know how it got there. I didn't feel a thing.”

http://www.billboard.com/articles/re...irection=false

tonyloaf 28 Feb 2014 12:36

its friday!!!!!!!!!!!!

chairboys 28 Feb 2014 12:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by duke knooby (Post 601455)

and no cake!!

happy birthday dk

duke knooby 28 Feb 2014 12:55

Failed mot again

Exactly the same results

:(

duke knooby 28 Feb 2014 13:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guy (Post 601441)
Well Happy Birthday Duke.
; 0)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sebastian. (Post 601457)
Merry birthday.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adje (Post 601460)
Hope you had a great birthday, Duke!:cool:

Quote:

Originally Posted by melon (Post 601461)
Happy birthday duke!

Quote:

Originally Posted by chairboys (Post 601470)
happy birthday dk

Thank you very very much for the kind birthday wishes

JennaG 28 Feb 2014 13:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by melon (Post 601462)

I actually read this and I'm not liking the fact that the author suggests that post-tour blues can last until the next concert. In our case, that could be a VERY long wait. :(

duke knooby 28 Feb 2014 13:03

:)

melon 28 Feb 2014 14:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by Julie in the rv mirror (Post 601467)
I was just reading a review of the Brisbane show, and I thought this was pretty funny: :lol:

Yeah I just read that, what tha?! Lol

tonyloaf 28 Feb 2014 15:28

happy birthday duke, dominos on the way ;)

duke knooby 28 Feb 2014 18:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by tonyloaf (Post 601478)
happy birthday duke, dominos on the way ;)

Thank you very much, no dominos till Sunday though :)

duke knooby 28 Feb 2014 18:20

Mot passed

JennaG 28 Feb 2014 19:18

Perhaps if Ryanair do start to offer flights to the USA trhen I'd actually be in with a chance of getting to Vegas.

Sebastian. 28 Feb 2014 20:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by JennaG (Post 601494)
Perhaps if Ryanair do start to offer flights to the USA trhen I'd actually be in with a chance of getting to Vegas.

I would never consider Ryanair longhaul nor matter how cheap. Somethings are worth paying more for, air travel is one of those things.

I can't see Ryanair longhaul happening for a longtime thanks to the Middle Eastern airlines.

JennaG 28 Feb 2014 20:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sebastian. (Post 601498)
I would never consider Ryanair longhaul nor matter how cheap. Somethings are worth paying more for, air travel is one of those things.

I can't see Ryanair longhaul happening for a longtime thanks to the Middle Eastern airlines.

Realistically, I can't see it happening for quite a while and certainly not within a timeframe for Meat's residency.

Given my circumstances at present, I couldn't afford to be too picky. It literally would be a choice between Ryanair or not going to Las Vegas.

LucyK! 28 Feb 2014 20:37

Then choose 'not going' - I'm totally with Seb on this one, 10 hours 40 minutes on a Ryanair is unthinkable.

I heard last year about Jet2 starting flights to New York, not heard anything about Ryanair.

Sebastian. 28 Feb 2014 20:53

Yeah I'd choose not going, I can do Ryanair for very short Europe hopes, but nothing longer than 2 hours max. I'd take easyJet any day. I hate the airline with a passion the way they treat their pilots is disgusting.

Jet2 do apparently do Newark, but I've never seen it go. I think it's a summer thing, every blue moon.

AndrewG 28 Feb 2014 20:54

If you are willing to put up with rubbish service and being badly treated I'd say go and book the low cost airlines. For me I can't stand it anymore and only fly with KLM when travelling to my family in The Netherlands. Flew with Thomson last year and they were excellent too.
The stress of flying/travelling I think is too much to also have to endure rude childish behaviour and rules by staff of EasyJet and RyanAir.

The good thing about the low cost airlines is that has made the better airlines more affordable so perhaps that will happen with long haul flights as well.

JennaG 28 Feb 2014 21:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sebastian. (Post 601503)
Yeah I'd choose not going, I can do Ryanair for very short Europe hopes, but nothing longer than 2 hours max. I'd take easyJet any day.

I didn't even like EasyJet when I flew to Edinburgh last October.

Sebastian. 28 Feb 2014 21:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by AndrewG (Post 601504)
If you are willing to put up with rubbish service and being badly treated I'd say go and book the low cost airlines. For me I can't stand it anymore and only fly with KLM when travelling to my family in The Netherlands. Flew with Thomson last year and they were excellent too.
The stress of flying/travelling I think is too much to also have to endure rude childish behaviour and rules by staff of EasyJet and RyanAir.

The good thing about the low cost airlines is that has made the better airlines more affordable so perhaps that will happen with long haul flights as well.

I flew BA in World Traveler Plus to Tokyo, they were amazing and really surprised me. I'm a firm believer as well that if the airline offers a premium economy then it will always be worth the extra cost. BA's was amazing, great seat, great service and a fantastic crew - still pretty sure I could've bagged a free FIRST upgrade, though.

The Middle Eastern airlines are also amazing. Their economy products blow a lot of western airlines away, not to mention their premium classes.

I don't mind easyJet, they've become a much better airline over the years and at least serve airports on a map.