mlukfc.com Forums

mlukfc.com Forums (https://www.mlukfc.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic (https://www.mlukfc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Post your thoughts (https://www.mlukfc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4661)

tonyloaf 30 Mar 2014 11:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by duke knooby (Post 602849)
aye, you could be right but im still a sucker for a piano

The best instrument

Sue K 30 Mar 2014 13:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by duke knooby (Post 602827)
why do blondes hair go darker over winter?

It could be because in winter folks keep hats on their heads and the sun can't reach their heads to lighten their hair ? ...

Sue K 30 Mar 2014 13:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by duke knooby (Post 602831)
any absinthe on the go?

absinthe is good gear :)

Do you mean the liquor ? ... That's considered poisonous, isn't it ? ... I remember a scene in From Hell of JD's character putting together a drink containing... absinthe... if that's the same as I'm thinking... and I think I remember a skull and bones on the body ... however... lol ... I don't remember so well anymore ...

Sue K 30 Mar 2014 13:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by duke knooby (Post 602843)
i don't get art, or poetry, but there's something about the steinman sound that appeals to my core

It's on my bucket list to get to the Philadelphia Art Museum on the first Sunday of a month in Spring/ Summer... You can pay whatever you rate you want ... I think it's usually about 15.00 ... I'll pay 5.00 ... I haven't been there since I was in my late teens maybe... 40 some years ago ... I like going online... and pulling up art and looking at it... seeing if it grabs me ... Poetry ... I'm not so sure... As I get older... I'm willing to give more things I didn't appreciate in my younger years a shot ... I have to say ... looking back... and at now ... I was never too crazy about reading things... or hearing music that left me to interpret and get in great debates about ... When I know... I know... when it touches me ... I like my readings and music... direct to the heart ... with not having to figure what it's all about, Alfie... lol ...

Sue K 30 Mar 2014 13:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by duke knooby (Post 602849)
aye, you could be right

but im still a sucker for a piano

When I was in the 3rd grade... I was offered to play the flute at school ... the school would supply instrument and lessons ... This happening on my birthday ... and same day ... my aunt called and offered piano lessons ... She had a piano at her house... I wanted to do both ... but my mother said... no... I must chose one ... To this day if I have any regret about things done in my life... it's not taking those piano lessons ... My 8yo's brain chose the flute... because... the flute would be in my possession as the piano would not ... :( ...

Sue K 30 Mar 2014 13:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by duke knooby (Post 602850)
and just on monday, i learnt there was an old harpsichord at me grannys house as well as the piano

That's very cool !! ... I love the sound of harpsichord particularly when it's Bach's works being played upon it ... :D ...

tonyloaf 30 Mar 2014 15:20

Drink makes u hungry

duke knooby 30 Mar 2014 16:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by tonyloaf (Post 602866)
Drink makes u happy

I've fixed that for you

duke knooby 30 Mar 2014 16:29

Not a very interesting race

duke knooby 30 Mar 2014 16:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sue K (Post 602863)
When I was in the 3rd grade... I was offered to play the flute at school ... the school would supply instrument and lessons ... This happening on my birthday ... and same day ... my aunt called and offered piano lessons ... She had a piano at her house... I wanted to do both ... but my mother said... no... I must chose one ... To this day if I have any regret about things done in my life... it's not taking those piano lessons ... My 8yo's brain chose the flute... because... the flute would be in my possession as the piano would not ... :( ...

Can you still play the flute?

Cool story!

Sue K 30 Mar 2014 19:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by duke knooby (Post 602870)
Can you still play the flute?

Cool story!

My daughter took flute lessons in school when she was around 9 or 10 (she's 40yo now) ... She brought the flute home and ... I was amazed how all the fingerings came back to me in a flash ! ... lol ...

tonyloaf 30 Mar 2014 20:17

Beast of a roast

Hypnobabe 30 Mar 2014 20:55

Had a lovely Mother's Day, got treated to a trip to the cinema :0)

Sue K 30 Mar 2014 23:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hypnobabe (Post 602883)
Had a lovely Mother's Day, got treated to a trip to the cinema :0)

Lovely, 'Babe... What film did you see ? ... The Lone Ranger is coming on Starz Friday night... I know it's had gawdAwful reviews... but it's the deppie one... and for me ? ... a MUST see !!! ... Yap Happy Mummies Day to you and all the meatie peep mummies ... xo

Hypnobabe 30 Mar 2014 23:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sue K (Post 602885)
Lovely, 'Babe... What film did you see ? ... The Lone Ranger is coming on Starz Friday night... I know it's had gawdAwful reviews... but it's the deppie one... and for me ? ... a MUST see !!! ... Yap Happy Mummies Day to you and all the meatie peep mummies ... xo

Saw the Lone Ranger when it was on in the cinema here, not his best, but as I recall there is some lovely shirt off action... ;0)

My 11 year old took me to see Captain America: Winter Soldier.., we're both fans of comic book movies, and had been looking forward to that one for a while!

tonyloaf 31 Mar 2014 08:08

go see captin america,

Hypnobabe 31 Mar 2014 08:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by tonyloaf (Post 602890)
go see captin america,

I already saw it, didn't you see above, lol?

JennaG 31 Mar 2014 09:51

I was looking at a couple of photos last night and I was thinking that I need to go to a Hard Rock Cafe.

tonyloaf 31 Mar 2014 10:35

i wont lie, i missed it :) great film tho , you enjoy it??

Evil One 31 Mar 2014 10:37

What sort of cretin mows their lawn at 7am? :wtf:

tonyloaf 31 Mar 2014 13:14

I hate that!

duke knooby 31 Mar 2014 14:52

First day back and I'm knackered already

chairboys 31 Mar 2014 15:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evil One (Post 602895)
What sort of cretin mows their lawn at 7am? :wtf:

mow mow mow the grass
gently down the lawn
if you see the evil one
cut it all at dawn

Adje 31 Mar 2014 20:16

Wickets, bowls, overs, runs... I have no clue what that is about. I only know we are better at it than the English :lol:

tonyloaf 31 Mar 2014 21:16

Adje, ask Mel :)