mlukfc.com Forums

mlukfc.com Forums (https://www.mlukfc.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic (https://www.mlukfc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Post your thoughts (https://www.mlukfc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4661)

Adje 11 May 2014 03:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by duke knooby (Post 604249)
that was a guy??

:D

With the complete package... Well hidden though :twisted:

duke knooby 11 May 2014 16:14

windys 8.1 takes ages to load

duke knooby 11 May 2014 17:16

me no likey new windys

JennaG 11 May 2014 22:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by duke knooby (Post 604253)
windys 8.1 takes ages to load

Have you got the 'hybrid shutdown' enabled? It's supposed to speed up the startup process by hibernating the kernel session rather than closing it down entirely on shutdown.

It can cause problems with some computers and I had to disable it on mine because the computer wasn't shutting down properly. Once I disabled it, I noticed the startup time increased so it was definitely doing something.

Hypnobabe 11 May 2014 22:34

One exam left... Hope I've done enough!

duke knooby 11 May 2014 23:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by JennaG (Post 604256)
Have you got the 'hybrid shutdown' enabled? It's supposed to speed up the startup process by hibernating the kernel session rather than closing it down entirely on shutdown.

It can cause problems with some computers and I had to disable it on mine because the computer wasn't shutting down properly. Once I disabled it, I noticed the startup time increased so it was definitely doing something.

oops, i meant to download

it starts up quick enough, just user error on my part, as i dont like change

which is why i've hardly used it :-)

it'll take a while before i make the permanent switch over from the old one to the new one.

lol, as long as the old one keeps going it might take a very long time

tonyloaf 12 May 2014 02:50

Travel travel travel

Julie in the rv mirror 12 May 2014 03:04

Just watched "Through the Never".

Now I REALLY want to see Metallica live. :cool:

melon 12 May 2014 05:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by tonyloaf (Post 604264)
Travel travel travel

Hey..... what's been happening? :-P

Sent from my GT-I9197 using Forum Runner

tonyloaf 12 May 2014 10:55

My name is Anthony

Guy 12 May 2014 11:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by Julie in the rv mirror (Post 604265)

One of the greatest bands I have ever seen live
:0)

tonyloaf 12 May 2014 13:57

A men

duke knooby 12 May 2014 15:34

I'd really like to own an alpine a110 sometime

melon 12 May 2014 16:10

Back to the physio tomorrow

Sent from my GT-I9197 using Forum Runner

Guy 12 May 2014 20:36

Spent most of the day gardening.
You humans do have strange past times.

Guy 12 May 2014 20:37

The garden though is full of ants. Millions of em!

Yevonda 12 May 2014 21:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by Julie in the rv mirror (Post 604265)

I saw Metallica back about 12 years ago. They were awesome. When they broke into "One" I really felt like I was in the middle of a war zone. The most surprising thing was that Godsmack opened up for them and I knew of Godsmack but didn't own any of their albums. I tell you what, I left that show and the next day bought two Godsmack albums. I went into that show being a Metallica fan and left a Godsmack fan.... ;)

Julie in the rv mirror 12 May 2014 22:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yevonda (Post 604276)
I saw Metallica back about 12 years ago. They were awesome. When they broke into "One" I really felt like I was in the middle of a war zone. The most surprising thing was that Godsmack opened up for them and I knew of Godsmack but didn't own any of their albums. I tell you what, I left that show and the next day bought two Godsmack albums. I went into that show being a Metallica fan and left a Godsmack fan.... ;)

That happened to me with Keith Urban. I had heard of him, but didn't know any of his music, and he opened when I saw the Eagles; his guitar-playing blew me away! I downloaded some of his stuff as soon as I got home that night, and now he's one of my favorite artists. :-)

JennaG 13 May 2014 11:51

Perhaps I need to get myself a London brochure to convince myself that London can be as special as Las Vegas. Otherwise I'm going to carry on being upset at the reality that Las Vegas is not an option for me.

LucyK! 13 May 2014 14:56

London and Vegas are completely incomparable. Worlds apart...each with their good and bad points.

London is my favourite city on earth though, love the place

anotherday 13 May 2014 16:25

Can I go back to BED?

JennaG 13 May 2014 16:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by LucyK! (Post 604280)
London and Vegas are completely incomparable. Worlds apart...each with their good and bad points.

Oh they're very different I know and London is certainly no Las Vegas and never will be but I actually want to be able to 'want' to be going to London rather than just 'making do' with it because I can't go to Las Vegas.

I thought that as holiday brochures are geared to 'sell' places and make them look like desirable places to visit, that'd be the ideal place to start.

tonyloaf 13 May 2014 17:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by JennaG (Post 604283)
Oh they're very different I know and London is certainly no Las Vegas and never will be but I actually want to be able to 'want' to be going to London rather than just 'making do' with it because I can't go to Las Vegas.

I thought that as holiday brochures are geared to 'sell' places and make them look like desirable places to visit, that'd be the ideal place to start.

Haven campsite?

JennaG 13 May 2014 17:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by tonyloaf (Post 604286)
Haven campsite?

Oh gosh no. ;)

I used to go to Haven sites as a child. I loved them back then but I wouldn't want to be going to one now and certainly not in a tent.

Leanne79 13 May 2014 18:08

On count down to Vegas cant wait to go back. More than a little excited would be an understatement.
I wasn't going to go I was supposed to be buying a new oven but the microwave works just fine ��