mlukfc.com Forums

mlukfc.com Forums (https://www.mlukfc.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic (https://www.mlukfc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Post your thoughts (https://www.mlukfc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4661)

LucyK! 13 May 2014 20:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by JennaG (Post 604283)
Oh they're very different I know and London is certainly no Las Vegas and never will be but I actually want to be able to 'want' to be going to London rather than just 'making do' with it because I can't go to Las Vegas.

We're different people and we think differently, but here's how I would tackle the Vegas issue if I was in your position. I'm a very black & white/one or the other person, so as I see it you have two options:

Option One is to decide that, come hell or high water, you are going to Vegas, and you do everything in your power to get yourself there.

Of course, the things you do might not work and you still might not get there, but you can go to bed every night knowing that you fought hard and did everything in your power to go. It's disappointing that it didn't work but you at least had a bloody good go at it, and that's a really positive thing.

I always go for that option. I just wouldn't settle knowing that I didn't at least try.

Option Two is that you make the conscious decision that you are not going to Vegas. End of story. Meat's got lots of projects in the pipe line, so forget about Vegas and put your time and energy into ensuring that you can be part of what he does next, and perhaps see some other places in the mean time.

Either way you need to make a definite "plan" and stick with it otherwise you'll drive yourself insane.

JennaG 13 May 2014 22:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by LucyK! (Post 604290)
Either way you need to make a definite "plan" and stick with it otherwise you'll drive yourself insane.

I think that's where I'm going wrong. I've been flitting in between holding on to a dream and knowing that no matter how hard I try with some things, there are other things that are standing in my way that I have no control over.
I think you hit the nail on the head when you mentioned about making the conscious decision that I am not going to Las Vegas because half the problem right now is that I've allowed myself to think that it was a forced choice rather than a conscious choice.

Thank you for the well thought out post. If anything it's made me take a step and think about where I've been going wrong with this and now I realise that I can do something about fixing the situation.

duke knooby 15 May 2014 00:24

i wonder what stanley thinks about the expected annoucement

im very disappointed

melon 15 May 2014 12:44

Bought a refillable 2ltr bottle of beer today... and a bottle of wine and a bottle of choc hazelnut liqueur in Margaret River yum yum

Sent from my GT-I9197 using Forum Runner

Guy 15 May 2014 20:52

Maaaaan women can be cruel.

Guy 15 May 2014 22:28

My lovely..... but elderly neighbour over the road has knocked on my door twice tonight and asked me to stop skateboarding along her alleyway!!!
Seriously????
Too many sherries maybe?

duke knooby 15 May 2014 23:04

Guy, on behalf of your neighbour, would you please cease skateboarding along her alleyway

duke knooby 15 May 2014 23:07

i've learnt something new about tractors today

apparently when driving one on a dual carridgeway, an orange warning beacon should be used

tonyloaf 16 May 2014 02:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guy (Post 604305)

Yep very true!

melon 16 May 2014 13:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guy (Post 604305)

Yes..... yes we can ;-)

Leanne79 16 May 2014 20:51

It was all to good to be true the microwave has now broken ☹

Jules13 17 May 2014 09:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leanne79 (Post 604317)
It was all to good to be true the microwave has now broken ☹

Oh no, good opportunity to get to know your neighbor closer though. ;)

melon 17 May 2014 14:33

Waiting....

duke knooby 17 May 2014 21:57

this time last year (date wise) i was watching my last ever meat loaf show

i can't believe its been a year already

LucyK! 17 May 2014 22:56

Belfast was a great night x

Monstro 17 May 2014 23:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by duke knooby (Post 604325)
this time last year (date wise) i was watching my last ever meat loaf show

Never say never m8 ;)

tonyloaf 18 May 2014 01:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by LucyK! (Post 604326)

Great show great people

Dave 18 May 2014 02:59

I am judging a drag pageant tonight! Really? It has come to this? :-)

duke knooby 18 May 2014 03:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by LucyK! (Post 604326)

it was a one off night for me lol

but ive never liked the odyssey and i dont like seated rock shows... kills the atmosphere... dublin was much much better cause we were in the standing area in front of the stage :)

my fave gig was meat in the kings hall, which if i recall correctly was a sold out almost 14k capacity crowd, and ~~~~ing LOUD!!!

(kings hall in current health and safety era is about 7,800 max capacity)

duke knooby 18 May 2014 03:23

thank goodness betty has facebook

JennaG 18 May 2014 10:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by duke knooby (Post 604331)
but ive never liked the odyssey and i dont like seated rock shows... kills the atmosphere... dublin was much much better cause we were in the standing area in front of the stage :)

A lot of people seem to prefer standing shows and say that the seated ones kill the atmosphere. I'm the opposite and couldn't think of anything worse than being in a general admission standing area with a load of people you don't know pushing and shoving you all the time. :(

I've not gone to concerts simply because they've been GA. I've done standing once at Newbury Racecourse but I was so stressed out about it beforehand and in the future I will do my best to avoid it at all costs.

CarylB 18 May 2014 11:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by duke knooby (Post 604331)
but ive never liked the odyssey and i dont like seated rock shows... kills the atmosphere...

Reason I didn't go to the Odyssey this time was I was nearly killed on the previous tour ;) Left with a black eye from being elbowed by one exuberant fan standing next to me at the front, and bruised and battered by another behind me who kept pounding my shoulders and head with their fist. If I'd realised when tickets went on sale it wasn't GA for Last at Bat I would have gone to Belfast .. those rows of seats don't stop anyone standing .. but they do provide some level of protection ;)

LucyK! 18 May 2014 11:18

Belfast was weird on the whole sitting/standing thing...we had front row seats but did sit for a lot of the show as they'd put the wheelchair spaces on the ends of the front rows, so our standing blocked the views of those who couldn't...all very odd, not seen it done like that anywhere else.

JennaG 18 May 2014 12:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by CarylB (Post 604334)
those rows of seats don't stop anyone standing .. but they do provide some level of protection ;)

Precisely why I like the seats. :-)

Cherry.Loaf 18 May 2014 14:00

I go for standing if it's closer to the stage