mlukfc.com Forums

mlukfc.com Forums (https://www.mlukfc.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic (https://www.mlukfc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Post your thoughts (https://www.mlukfc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4661)

duke knooby 29 Jun 2014 01:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guy (Post 604855)
All rocked out.

why so?

tonyloaf 29 Jun 2014 09:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guy (Post 604855)
All rocked out.

sandman style!!

duke knooby 29 Jun 2014 11:00

Very tired

Cherry.Loaf 29 Jun 2014 12:51

Great week at work (not sarcasm!)

melon 29 Jun 2014 18:42

Just downloaded Springsteen's live concerts from Adelaide, Brisbane & Auckland :-)

tonyloaf 29 Jun 2014 22:15

just had a thai curry

duke knooby 29 Jun 2014 23:32

dolly was great at glastonbury... richie on guitar, fantastic!

melon 30 Jun 2014 05:57

City borders are merging... one is now confirmed as being renamed to south park....

Sent from my GT-I9197 using Forum Runner

Julie in the rv mirror 01 Jul 2014 04:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by melon (Post 604864)
Just downloaded Springsteen's live concerts from Adelaide, Brisbane & Auckland :-)

There were some excellent U.S. shows, too: Atlanta, Pittsburgh, Charlotte, Albany and Hershey, for example. :cool:

melon 01 Jul 2014 06:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by Julie in the rv mirror (Post 604886)
There were some excellent U.S. shows, too: Atlanta, Pittsburgh, Charlotte, Albany and Hershey, for example. :cool:

I mostly downloaded those ones because they had a couple of songs I wanted. Like I wanted to get the covers he did of Royals and Stayin alive.

I think its too late to get anymore now, the downloads were being taken down on the 30th dec.

tonyloaf 01 Jul 2014 08:30

Julie- do you like springsteen? :)

Julie in the rv mirror 01 Jul 2014 22:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by melon (Post 604888)
I mostly downloaded those ones because they had a couple of songs I wanted. Like I wanted to get the covers he did of Royals and Stayin alive.

I think its too late to get anymore now, the downloads were being taken down on the 30th dec.

Yeah, it's too bad we couldn't buy individual songs- perhaps in the future. I can't imagine why they took them down already; maybe they are going to change companies for the next tour. There have been complaints about the sound quality. Personally, I think it's not bad, though some shows sound better than others.

Quote:

Originally Posted by tonyloaf (Post 604889)
Julie- do you like springsteen? :)

Um, I guess he's okay. ;)

tonyloaf 01 Jul 2014 23:09

i had a feeling you may like him :)

duke knooby 02 Jul 2014 01:10

i have a feeling its gonna take a while to rebuild my empire

melon 02 Jul 2014 04:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by Julie in the rv mirror (Post 604893)
Yeah, it's too bad we couldn't buy individual songs- perhaps in the future. I can't imagine why they took them down already; maybe they are going to change companies for the next tour. There have been complaints about the sound quality. Personally, I think it's not bad, though some shows sound better than others.

Um, I guess he's okay. ;)

Yeah I was thinking that too about downloading separate songs... would have made my choices a lot easier! I have no problems with the sound quality, I can hear what's going on, I'm happy lol

tonyloaf 02 Jul 2014 08:42

stag do weekend it is

tonyloaf 02 Jul 2014 08:42

FFs next tour in the making

JennaG 02 Jul 2014 12:02

Lost 4lbs this week. :D

There's got to be some upside to this boring soup diet.

tonyloaf 02 Jul 2014 12:28

thats a shame, you could of bought 2 double cheeseburgers with that money

Julie in the rv mirror 02 Jul 2014 21:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by melon (Post 604896)
I have no problems with the sound quality, I can hear what's going on, I'm happy lol

If you were talking about an audience recording that you got for free, I'd agree with you, but these are professional recordings that were being sold. Granted, they were advertised as "raw", and I wouldn't expect them to go through any elaborate re-mixing given the turnaround time, but they should still sound better than bootlegs. In my opinion, they do, or at least as good as the best fan-made recordings out there, though some more discerning fans have been somewhat critical.

It will be very interesting to see what happens now. Bruce and Jon Landau have both said they were looking at releasing some classic shows, so we'll see how that plays out.

melon 03 Jul 2014 04:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by Julie in the rv mirror (Post 604915)
If you were talking about an audience recording that you got for free, I'd agree with you, but these are professional recordings that were being sold. Granted, they were advertised as "raw", and I wouldn't expect them to go through any elaborate re-mixing given the turnaround time, but they should still sound better than bootlegs. In my opinion, they do, or at least as good as the best fan-made recordings out there, though some more discerning fans have been somewhat critical.

It will be very interesting to see what happens now. Bruce and Jon Landau have both said they were looking at releasing some classic shows, so we'll see how that plays out.

Like I said, they sound fine to me.

Julie in the rv mirror 03 Jul 2014 22:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by melon (Post 604921)
Like I said, they sound fine to me.

Oh, I know you did. ;)

duke knooby 03 Jul 2014 22:55

hardcastle and mccormick popped into my head today... didn't know why, or what it was... a very vague recollection that it might be a tv show

but through the magic of youtube, i've got to watch a couple of episodes

JennaG 03 Jul 2014 23:33

Oh my!

I actually don't have to work every Saturday any more. :D :D

That's going to seem strange not having to get up on Saturday.

Adje 04 Jul 2014 01:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by JennaG (Post 604926)
That's going to seem strange not having to get up on Saturday.

Are you saying you are going to stay in bed the entire saturday? :lol: