mlukfc.com Forums

mlukfc.com Forums (https://www.mlukfc.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic (https://www.mlukfc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Post your thoughts (https://www.mlukfc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4661)

JennaG 04 Jul 2014 11:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adje (Post 604928)
Are you saying you are going to stay in bed the entire saturday? :lol:

If I'm feeling lazy I might. ;)

Evil One 04 Jul 2014 20:09

He should have his didgeridoo removed. Dirty ~~~~~~~.

JennaG 06 Jul 2014 16:42

Had a great day at the Allergy and Freefrom Show. Bought myself lots of yummy freefrom goodies. :)

tonyloaf 06 Jul 2014 19:21

Yaga bombs

duke knooby 08 Jul 2014 18:41

A world class demonstration on how not to organise a series of concerts. There's gonna be a lot of very disappointed garth brooks fans, (and ticket touts).

JennaG 08 Jul 2014 20:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by duke knooby (Post 604983)
A world class demonstration on how not to organise a series of concerts. There's gonna be a lot of very disappointed garth brooks fans, (and ticket touts).

That doesn't sound good.

What happened?

LucyK! 08 Jul 2014 20:07

I'm shocked, I couldn't get tickets on the day but have friends with spares...hadn't booked anything as flights and hotels were ludicrous due to the high demand. Garth will be fuming, he's been talking about getting back to Ireland for years

Vickip 08 Jul 2014 21:42

I had to have one of my cats put to sleep this morning :( It was a total shock .. he was fine last night, but this morning he couldn't walk. The Vet told me that it was a blood clot in his back and unfortunately there was nothing they could do. I just hope his brother is going to be ok because I'd hate to lose him now too.

Yevonda 08 Jul 2014 21:45

I am just waiting to hear what the announcement will be on the 10th. It was my understanding that he was doing a world tour but I have only heard of the Ireland shows.

Julie in the rv mirror 08 Jul 2014 22:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vickip (Post 604986)
I had to have one of my cats put to sleep this morning :( It was a total shock .. he was fine last night, but this morning he couldn't walk. The Vet told me that it was a blood clot in his back and unfortunately there was nothing they could do. I just hope his brother is going to be ok because I'd hate to lose him now too.

I'm so sorry Vicki! :( I know it's hard, but it was the best thing you could do for him.

Vickip 08 Jul 2014 22:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by Julie in the rv mirror (Post 604988)
I'm so sorry Vicki! :( I know it's hard, but it was the best thing you could do for him.

Thanks Julie. Yes, exactly ... at least he isn't suffering any more.

Julie in the rv mirror 08 Jul 2014 22:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by JennaG (Post 604984)
That doesn't sound good.

What happened?

From what I heard, they sold tickets before they got approval from the city to do five shows, and they only got approval for three. I read they are looking to move or reschedule two shows, and I also read the promoter said they either do five shows or none. :roll:

I feel bad for the fans- I hope they work it out.

Vickip 08 Jul 2014 22:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by LucyK! (Post 604985)
I'm shocked, I couldn't get tickets on the day but have friends with spares...hadn't booked anything as flights and hotels were ludicrous due to the high demand. Garth will be fuming, he's been talking about getting back to Ireland for years

I really feel bad not only for all of the fans, but Garth too :(

ChrisBelfast 08 Jul 2014 23:21

permission was granted for only three of the five Garth Brook concerts - when he was told that only three could go ahead he said it was five or nothing.

Dublin promoters should never have sold 5 but three could have happened had Garth Brooks not threw his toys out of the pram. He said he feels as if Dublin doesn't want him - that's why 400,000 people spent €100 a ticket on him obviously!

JennaG 08 Jul 2014 23:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChrisBelfast (Post 604992)
permission was granted for only three of the five Garth Brook concerts - when he was told that only three could go ahead he said it was five or nothing. Dublin promoters should never have sold 5 but three could have happened had Garth Brooks not threw his toys out of the pram. He said he feels as if Dublin doesn't want him - that's why 400,000 people spent €100 a ticket on him obviously!

That sucks. :(

I can appreciate his frustration to a degree as it's usually artists that get all the flak from disappointed fans aimed at them but I think to cancel all of the shows was a bit un-necessary.

Vickip 09 Jul 2014 00:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by Julie in the rv mirror (Post 604990)
From what I heard, they sold tickets before they got approval from the city to do five shows, and they only got approval for three. I read they are looking to move or reschedule two shows, and I also read the promoter said they either do five shows or none. :roll:

I feel bad for the fans- I hope they work it out.

That's horrible :( I hope they work it out too !

LucyK! 09 Jul 2014 00:31

We have a friend who's met Garth a few times and has been telling us for a couple of years now about how much he was looking forward to doing Ireland - I imagine when he said 5 shows or none he probably was calling their bluff and it's sadly backfired.

I know a lot of time has gone into getting the band together and it looked as though Ireland was the start of a world tour so fingers crossed there's more to he announced.

duke knooby 09 Jul 2014 01:59

Very drunk for a tuesday

It's surprising how much crap one can gather over the years

Just over a week left to make it look like I was never there

tonyloaf 09 Jul 2014 08:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by duke knooby (Post 604996)
Very drunk for a tuesday

It's surprising how much crap one can gather over the years

Just over a week left to make it look like I was never there

yaga?

tonyloaf 09 Jul 2014 08:32

who wants to come to berlin on the 10th Aug for 2 days????

melon 09 Jul 2014 17:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by tonyloaf (Post 605004)

yaga?

You mean Jagermeister, right? Lol

Sent from my GT-I9197 using Forum Runner

duke knooby 09 Jul 2014 23:37

im sorry to hear about your cat vicki, it's the hardest decision to make, but whats best for our beloved pets is always the right call. it'll be tough, but it was for the best.

Hypnobabe 10 Jul 2014 00:22

One week to go!

And seriously, ten days?!! It'd help if people answered their phones and returned messages!!!!

Vickip 10 Jul 2014 01:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by duke knooby (Post 605019)
im sorry to hear about your cat vicki, it's the hardest decision to make, but whats best for our beloved pets is always the right call. it'll be tough, but it was for the best.

Thanks ... and you're absolutely right. Thankfully he isn't suffering any more :)

tonyloaf 10 Jul 2014 08:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by melon (Post 605014)
You mean Jagermeister, right? Lol

Sent from my GT-I9197 using Forum Runner

ohhhhhhhh yesssssss