mlukfc.com Forums

mlukfc.com Forums (https://www.mlukfc.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic (https://www.mlukfc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Post your thoughts (https://www.mlukfc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4661)

Yevonda 17 Sep 2014 21:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by chairboys (Post 606071)
last training run tomorrow and that's me done.
marathon kicks off at 10 a.m on sat.
channel 4 are recording it!
just preparing my victory speech.

Good luck on the run! Can't wait to hear the victory speech.. :)

tonyloaf 18 Sep 2014 02:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 606075)
Feeling as if many people could give a rat's ass about the thoughts and opinions of others and putting my damned foot down about it!

Sleep on it and give us an answer in the morning :)

tonyloaf 18 Sep 2014 02:04

Good luck on the run !! Try get some selfies on the way :)

CarylB 18 Sep 2014 03:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by JennaG (Post 606046)
I didn't know that you could get GF suet but then I'm still discovering what products are out there. I wouldn't know where to start with making my own mincemeat outside of buying the dried fruits (what fruits go into mincemeat anyway?) and the suet.

I'm hopeless with baking. :oops:

I'll send you a recipe. It's just a matter of chopping apples (don't even have to peel them), grating rind of and squeezing some lemons and oranges, shoving them in a large bowl with the dried fruits, sugar, spices and nuts .. leaving it over night, then the next day putting it all in an ovensafe bowl and shoving it, covered, in the oven for about 3 hours at a low temp. Cooling a bit, stirring and shoving in jars. Keeps indefinitely. But requires no baking skills at all ;) If you can open packets, grate and squeeze the citrus, handle a small knife, stir, and carry to and from an oven you're in clover ;)

CarylB 18 Sep 2014 03:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by tonyloaf (Post 606082)
Sleep on it and give us an answer in the morning :)

Too late ;)

chairboys 18 Sep 2014 12:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guy (Post 606072)
Good luck Mr Chairboys.
Plenty of rehydration and vaseline needed.

Cheers, I'll make sure the vas is applied correctly.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yevonda (Post 606077)
Good luck on the run! Can't wait to hear the victory speech.. :)

Ta. I fear it'll only be heard by the bathroom mirror.

Quote:

Originally Posted by tonyloaf (Post 606083)
Good luck on the run !! Try get some selfies on the way :)

Thanks. Do you really think I'd have a mobile device with an image capturing facility?!

chairboys 18 Sep 2014 12:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by CarylB (Post 606084)
I'll send you a recipe. It's just a matter of chopping apples (don't even have to peel them), grating rind of and squeezing some lemons and oranges, shoving them in a large bowl with the dried fruits, sugar, spices and nuts .. leaving it over night, then the next day putting it all in an ovensafe bowl and shoving it, covered, in the oven for about 3 hours at a low temp. Cooling a bit, stirring and shoving in jars. Keeps indefinitely. But requires no baking skills at all ;) If you can open packets, grate and squeeze the citrus, handle a small knife, stir, and carry to and from an oven you're in clover ;)

I thought you were sending the recipe?;)

tonyloaf 18 Sep 2014 12:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by chairboys (Post 606090)
Cheers, I'll make sure the vas is applied correctly. Ta. I fear it'll only be heard by the bathroom mirror. Thanks. Do you really think I'd have a mobile device with an image capturing facility?!

You mean your not running with a selfie pole? What's wrong with you!

chairboys 18 Sep 2014 14:18

Phew!!!
My hamstring has suddenly been cramping up constantly over the last day or so. I've worried it may knock my participation on Saturday. My work colleague (who's also running) is much amused and says it's just a wimp-out.
So, an hour ago I set off on a light, loosener believing it'd ease the spasm. Got 50 yards down my road and had to pull-up. Not happy one jot.
Emergency action required.
On the off chance, I've sped up to a nearby sports clinic. Luckily, it was a walk-in surgery. I've explained my predicament.
He asked only two questions, "Do you run on pavements and are you right handed" to both of which I replied "Yes".
Before you could say Sebastian Newbold Coe he had me straddling his couch.
Two hefty yanks of my back later I was on my way.
He explained how he'd released the elastic band!
What a guy. Said he was a runner also and didn't charge me.
First time ever I've used one of these places. So glad I did.
Will need to buy him a bottle of wine after the race.

tonyloaf 18 Sep 2014 18:08

Also until the race keep your salt levels high, it's proven lack of salt can do this, you will burn it all away anyway ,
Also keep the hamstring warm, hot water bottles on it as much as you can along with performing hamstring development stretches

chairboys 18 Sep 2014 19:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by tonyloaf (Post 606094)
Also until the race keep your salt levels high, it's proven lack of salt can do this, you will burn it all away anyway ,
Also keep the hamstring warm, hot water bottles on it as much as you can along with performing hamstring development stretches

thought I'd go for a gentle one ( sport's chap said give it half hour, I played safe with five hours) but ping!
got a few yards further than earlier but aborted as a precaution.
mrs chairboys emptying the salt pot down my throat as we speak. Too much? :lol:

this is turning into my biggest 'sporting' disaster ever!! :(

Guy 18 Sep 2014 22:35

:eyebrows:
A 'sports clinic' for 'two hefty yanks'??
Sounds rather suspicious to me Mr Chairboys.
I wish you all the best sir. Can I sponsor you? In your current predicament may I suggest £5.00 if you make it to the end of the road?

Guy 18 Sep 2014 22:43

Breaking news coming through that around 76% of Scottish voters are currently in the pub deliberating on what to do next.
Vote?
Happy hour extended until 22.00?

Guy 18 Sep 2014 22:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sebastian. (Post 606010)
100 days until Christmas, troops.

Did you call people troops before you joined the navy?
You've changed Seb.

Guy 18 Sep 2014 22:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jules13 (Post 605875)
Berlin, Berlin wir fahren nach Berlin!

Guy and Tony have to practise that. ;) ;)
And Mel, too. If we get that private charter flight...

This isn't a trap is it Jules?
I have visions of it meaning something else.

Sebastian. 18 Sep 2014 23:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guy (Post 606099)
Did you call people troops before you joined the navy?
You've changed Seb.

Navy?

Stand by, Guy. Stand the ~~~~ by.

tonyloaf 18 Sep 2014 23:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guy (Post 606100)
This isn't a trap is it Jules? I have visions of it meaning something else.

Big long sausage ?

tonyloaf 18 Sep 2014 23:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by chairboys (Post 606095)
thought I'd go for a gentle one ( sport's chap said give it half hour, I played safe with five hours) but ping! got a few yards further than earlier but aborted as a precaution. mrs chairboys emptying the salt pot down my throat as we speak. Too much? :lol: this is turning into my biggest 'sporting' disaster ever!! :(

Ummmmmmm if it doesn't hurt then it was the right amount :)

Guy 18 Sep 2014 23:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sebastian. (Post 606101)
Navy?

Stand by, Guy. Stand the ~~~~ by.

D. O. H!!
YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN BIGGLES.
LOL

tonyloaf 19 Sep 2014 09:24

happy friday people!!!!!!!! keep on rocking!!!!

Sebastian. 19 Sep 2014 15:34

Today is talk like a pirate day. If you go into Krispy Kreme and talk like a pirate, you will receive 1 free glazed donut. If you go in dressed like a pirate you will get a dozen. If you go in and act like one, then you get as many as you want, just not legally.

JennaG 19 Sep 2014 15:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sebastian. (Post 606107)
Today is talk like a pirate day. If you go into Krispy Kreme and talk like a pirate, you will receive 1 free glazed donut. If you go in dressed like a pirate you will get a dozen. If you go in and act like one, then you get as many as you want, just not legally.

Considering the fact that pirate speak is not all that different from the Westcountry accent, I don't think I'd find it all that difficult to talk like a pirate. ;)

tonyloaf 19 Sep 2014 17:15

Afternoon nap

Sebastian. 20 Sep 2014 22:32

Nice all you can eat buffet today at Peach Keens today. Ate a bit too much.

Also saw Guardians of the Galaxy at last.

melon 21 Sep 2014 15:24

I saw Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles tonight.

I saw it back when I was a kid, all of 2 or 3 years old. My family and friends of took up a whole row ha ha. Fat Cat (character from a kids show here) was there because it was a special charity premiere screening.... and I ran riot ha ha. I could run freely from one end of the row to the other because we had the whole thing. Wish I could remember it! 23 adults taking one kid to see a movie. Priceless.

Anyway, I wasn't disappointed with this movie, I thought it was fun.

Sent from my GT-I9197 using Forum Runner