mlukfc.com Forums

mlukfc.com Forums (https://www.mlukfc.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic (https://www.mlukfc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Post your thoughts (https://www.mlukfc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4661)

tonyloaf 29 Sep 2014 17:55

you so should!!!!

tonyloaf 29 Sep 2014 17:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jules13 (Post 606199)
But Rittersport ist better dude.... ;) Will Show you in a few days... :mrgreen:

get some in then ;)

JennaG 29 Sep 2014 19:49

Had to make a decision between Meat Loaf and Queen today.

TheDoode 29 Sep 2014 20:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by JennaG (Post 606235)
Had to make a decision between Meat Loaf and Queen today.

That IS a hard decision!

JennaG 29 Sep 2014 20:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheDoode (Post 606239)
That IS a hard decision!

Tell me about it! ;)

I'm still asking myself if I've made the right decision and whether I'm going to regret it but who knows, if I had have decided on the opposite I would probably still be asking myself the same things.

TheDoode 29 Sep 2014 20:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by JennaG (Post 606240)
Tell me about it! ;)

I'm still asking myself if I've made the right decision and whether I'm going to regret it but who knows, if I had have decided on the opposite I would probably still be asking myself the same things.

Spill it! What was the decision, and what did you do? I really wanted a copy of Queen's Live at the Rainbow on vinyl. I'll get around to that one day soon!

JennaG 30 Sep 2014 18:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheDoode (Post 606241)
Spill it! What was the decision, and what did you do? I really wanted a copy of Queen's Live at the Rainbow on vinyl. I'll get around to that one day soon!

Because my funds are quite limited at the moment, I could only afford to either go to Birmingham to see Queen in concert or to go to London to see Meat on the West End. I know Meat's dates haven't yet been announced but I didn't want to lose out on the chance to go because I hadn't taken the costs into account. I didn't ever want to get to the point where I had to decide between the artists that I like but needs must. ;)

In the end I decided on saving the funds for London because as well as the show, it will be the celebration to mark the end of my time with The Open University.

TheDoode 30 Sep 2014 18:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by JennaG (Post 606247)
Because my funds are quite limited at the moment, I could only afford to either go to Birmingham to see Queen in concert or to go to London to see Meat on the West End. I know Meat's dates haven't yet been announced but I didn't want to lose out on the chance to go because I hadn't taken the costs into account. I didn't ever want to get to the point where I had to decide between the artists that I like but needs must. ;)

In the end I decided on saving the funds for London because as well as the show, it will be the celebration to mark the end of my time with The Open University.

Good call. Besides, Queen really isn't Queen with Adam Lambert ...

JennaG 30 Sep 2014 20:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheDoode (Post 606248)
Good call. Besides, Queen really isn't Queen with Adam Lambert ...

I'd have loved to have been able to have seen them when Freddie was alive but from what I've read of the reviews Adam Lambert is quite good.

However a decision had to be made because the tickets for the Queen show went on pre-sale yesterday and if I was going to go, I'd have wanted to get tickets fairly early on to be in with a chance of getting a reasonable seat.

Sebastian. 30 Sep 2014 20:13

I'm buying a macbook because it will help me revise. That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it.

TheDoode 30 Sep 2014 20:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by JennaG (Post 606250)
I'd have loved to have been able to have seen them when Freddie was alive but from what I've read of the reviews Adam Lambert is quite good.

However a decision had to be made because the tickets for the Queen show went on pre-sale yesterday and if I was going to go, I'd have wanted to get tickets fairly early on to be in with a chance of getting a reasonable seat.

Better to save your pennies for Meat I think :cool: Adam Lambert is competent, but lacks soul. It's a bit like watching a tribute band (I'd prefer just Brian and Roger singing to be honest!).

JennaG 30 Sep 2014 20:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheDoode (Post 606252)
Better to save your pennies for Meat I think :cool: Adam Lambert is competent, but lacks soul. It's a bit like watching a tribute band (I'd prefer just Brian and Roger singing to be honest!).

Yeah, I can see what you mean.

I can get tickets for a tribute band for about £10 so I think I've made the right choice.

Jules13 01 Oct 2014 09:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by tonyloaf (Post 606230)
get some in then ;)

So it will be... ;) Any preferences for the flavour ?

Jules13 01 Oct 2014 09:42

I Want To Break Free ! ;)

Sebastian. 01 Oct 2014 13:19

Now fully qualified to use a flare pistol.

JennaG 01 Oct 2014 13:33

:shock: :shock:

Now that's a price tag.

tonyloaf 01 Oct 2014 15:21

Dark choc Jules

tonyloaf 01 Oct 2014 15:22

Seb my mcbook is well worth the money :)

melon 01 Oct 2014 16:54

Rum.

Sent from my GT-I9197 using Forum Runner

Monstro 01 Oct 2014 17:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sebastian. (Post 606260)
Now fully qualified to use a flare pistol.

Load, hold, lift arm vertically, pull trigger....................................

Where's my certificate?

Guy 01 Oct 2014 18:17

Birmingham won!!
So happy I could cry.

Sebastian. 01 Oct 2014 18:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by Monstro (Post 606266)
Load, hold, lift arm vertically, pull trigger....................................

Where's my certificate?

Ah incorrect.

Arms must be raised to 60 degrees. Lifting the arms vertically could result in the flare landing on you if the wind drops. You it's also avert your face when you are firing.

Guy 01 Oct 2014 18:18

After a train set if anyone has one for sale?

Guy 01 Oct 2014 18:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sebastian. (Post 606268)
Ah incorrect.

Arms must be raised to 60 degrees. Lifting the arms vertically could result in the flare landing on you if the wind drops. You it's also avert your face when you are firing.

A flare landing on you!
Who shoots it then stands there???

Monstro 01 Oct 2014 19:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guy (Post 606269)
After a train set if anyone has one for sale?

http://uk.businessesforsale.com/uk/C...-For-Sale.aspx