mlukfc.com Forums

mlukfc.com Forums (https://www.mlukfc.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic (https://www.mlukfc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Post your thoughts (https://www.mlukfc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4661)

Sebastian. 15 Sep 2015 23:36

Uneventful day really, there is one thing though......

I'M GOING TO SEE BRUCE SPRINGSTEEN IN NOVEMBER!

Adje 16 Sep 2015 01:12

I'm sure I'll regret staying up and post this when I my alarm clock wakes me in a few hours :shock:

Julie in the rv mirror 16 Sep 2015 04:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sebastian. (Post 610825)
Uneventful day really, there is one thing though......

I'M GOING TO SEE BRUCE SPRINGSTEEN IN NOVEMBER!

Where?! Stand Up for Heroes?

Sebastian. 16 Sep 2015 16:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by Julie in the rv mirror (Post 610833)
Where?! Stand Up for Heroes?

Yeah it was pricey and Andy made me do it but hey, we're in NY then so why not!

AndyK 16 Sep 2015 16:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sebastian. (Post 610842)

If I remember correctly the tickets were bought before I responded... So your arm was hardly twisted :lol:

AndrewG 16 Sep 2015 17:19

Quote:

Pricey is an understatement. :shock:

Julie in the rv mirror 16 Sep 2015 19:20

Quote:

Cool- enjoy! :-) Save some money for when Bruce auctions off his guitar. ;)

I wish I could make it then, but I already have plans to go to Asbury Park the end of October for Joe Grushecky's "American Babylon" 20th Anniversary at the Stone Pony. You never know who might show up. ;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by AndrewG (Post 610845)
Pricey is an understatement. :shock:

It is, but it's for charity, and a worthy cause, IMO. The 1%-er's in the good seats aren't there just for the show. I also just read there were more of the "cheap" ($100) seats released than in previous years. Plus, you get to hear Bruce tell a few really bad jokes- what's that worth? :lol: ;)

AndrewG 16 Sep 2015 19:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by Julie in the rv mirror (Post 610847)
Cool- enjoy! :-) Save some money for when Bruce auctions off his guitar. ;)

I wish I could make it then, but I already have plans to go to Asbury Park the end of October for Joe Grushecky's "American Babylon" 20th Anniversary at the Stone Pony. You never know who might show up. ;)

It is, but it's for charity, and a worthy cause, IMO. The 1%-er's in the good seats aren't there just for the show. I also just read there were more of the "cheap" ($100) seats released than in previous years. Plus, you get to hear Bruce tell a few really bad jokes- what's that worth? :lol: ;)

True.
So when will he tour again you think? Next year or 2017?

Hope he considers doing some indoor venues again on tour.

Julie in the rv mirror 16 Sep 2015 19:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by AndrewG (Post 610848)
True.
So when will he tour again you think? Next year or 2017?

Hope he considers doing some indoor venues again on tour.

Word on the street is next year, though it might not be with the E Street Band. Nils has solo shows booked into next Spring, though those are easily cancelled if Bruce tours. Rumor is new album next year, likely solo.

Of course, things change all the time in Bruce World; there were reliable rumors last year he was going to tour this past Summer, but that didn't happen. So I'll just wait for official word. We should hopefully know something before the end of the year, if next year is in the cards. I have no idea how Bruce's daughter's run for the Olympics might affect tour plans.

I also have no idea if the US and/or Europe is in the works; this year was supposed to be the US, so who knows.

I greatly prefer indoor shows to outdoors, myself. Stadiums are so huge, unless you are close (which isn't always easy to do), you end up watching the show on the screens.

duke knooby 16 Sep 2015 22:52

got to visit the white house on saturday :)

and today, much closer to home... cyprus avenue

must have a listen to the song sometime.

Guy 17 Sep 2015 15:36

Post your thoughts.
So today I want to talk about my cousin Geoffrey (Geoff)
Growing up together our houses no less than a mile away. I made him laugh and vice versa. Always had time for people before the days of social media when people used to talk to one another! :0) We would meet up in the local park for football, reflecting and girl talk. He didnt understand why I loved ML and I always joked that he would never be a superstar musician. How wrong I was.
He self taught the bass guitar, wrote music, formed a band and was signed to a label. What determination from a level headed legend.
Many friends he made along the way made his smile that little more beaming and broader. I moved away but always felt like he was just round the corner keeping a cheeky eye on me. Memories are a wonderful and blessed thing that a human being can possess.
Why am I here today telling you these things?
Because Geoff passed away this morning after losing his fight to cancer.
He was 32 years old.
Always in my thoughts.

RIP. X

melon 17 Sep 2015 15:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by AndyK (Post 610844)
If I remember correctly the tickets were bought before I responded... So your arm was hardly twisted :lol:

You were twisting his rubber arm ;)

melon 17 Sep 2015 15:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guy (Post 610854)
Post your thoughts.
So today I want to talk about my cousin Geoffrey (Geoff)
Growing up together our houses no less than a mile away. I made him laugh and vice versa. Always had time for people before the days of social media when people used to talk to one another! :0) We would meet up in the local park for football, reflecting and girl talk. He didnt understand why I loved ML and I always joked that he would never be a superstar musician. How wrong I was.
He self taught the bass guitar, wrote music, formed a band and was signed to a label. What determination from a level headed legend.
Many friends he made along the way made his smile that little more beaming and broader. I moved away but always felt like he was just round the corner keeping a cheeky eye on me. Memories are a wonderful and blessed thing that a human being can possess.
Why am I here today telling you these things?
Because Geoff passed away this morning after losing his fight to cancer.
He was 32 years old.
Always in my thoughts.

RIP. X

:( I am so sorry Guy... such a crummy disease...

Julie in the rv mirror 17 Sep 2015 16:05

I'm so sorry for your loss, Guy. Condolences to your family.

Sebastian. 17 Sep 2015 18:30

Guy I want to hug you. Sorry for your loss :(.

AndyK 17 Sep 2015 21:45

So sorry for your loss Guy.

AndrewG 18 Sep 2015 00:33

Condolences Guy and wishing you & family strength at this time.

tonyloaf 19 Sep 2015 12:51

Guy sorry man, here if you need me

Battybarb 19 Sep 2015 13:54

Sorry for your loss Guy , such a terrible illness and much worse at such a young age , thoughts to you and your family x

duke knooby 19 Sep 2015 20:03

very sad news Guy, I'm sorry for your loss.

Sebastian. 22 Sep 2015 22:49

Bringing the Jager train to Abu Dhabi tomorrow! All aboard.

tonyloaf 23 Sep 2015 14:19

ready and waiting seb

tonyloaf 26 Sep 2015 08:33

Nice walk around Istanbul

Guy 26 Sep 2015 11:59

and constantinople.

duke knooby 26 Sep 2015 13:06

I don't understand how an raf uniform could be perceived to cause possible offence.