mlukfc.com Forums

mlukfc.com Forums (https://www.mlukfc.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic (https://www.mlukfc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Post your thoughts (https://www.mlukfc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4661)

Sebastian. 30 Nov 2015 22:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by tonyloaf (Post 611946)
Xmas has started. Guy I'm home 2-6 dec

I'm off work Thursday/Friday...

Guy 01 Dec 2015 00:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by chairboys (Post 611944)
I can hear my son in the next room taking his piano exam. He's nervous. I'm sweating.

My wifes got teeth like a piano. Every other one's a black un. 8*0
Hope the boy did well?

Sebastian. 01 Dec 2015 00:35

So universal Orlando has a karaoke bar that has a live band that backs you instead of a karaoke track.

I'M GOING TO HAVE MY OWN NLE/E STREET BAND!

chairboys 01 Dec 2015 20:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guy (Post 611948)
Hope the boy did well?

The examiner gives nothing away. Junior Chairboy seemed satisfied. I slipped a score into the fella's top pocket and thanked him ever so.

tonyloaf 03 Dec 2015 10:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by tonyloaf (Post 611946)
Xmas has started. Guy I'm home 2-6 dec

Come to Brighton

Julie in the rv mirror 04 Dec 2015 23:19

Christmas came early- first Tempe, now a tour! :D :cheer:

tonyloaf 04 Dec 2015 23:37

England is cold :(

Sebastian. 05 Dec 2015 00:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by tonyloaf (Post 611962)
England is cold :(

Orlando looks warmer!

ChloeLee88 06 Dec 2015 22:46

So the xfactor winners song is apparently FOREVER YOUNG......I love Meats version of this song and you just know they are all going to ruin it :(

why don't they ever do original songs!!!

duke knooby 07 Dec 2015 00:54

def leppard tomorrow

very excited :)

AndrewG 08 Dec 2015 18:11

BRUUUUUCE USA tour announced. Please come to the UK summer 2016! :D
Full River album playthrough would be awesome. 20 songs!

duke knooby 09 Dec 2015 00:01

couple of hours sleep isnt good

batcity 10 Dec 2015 21:07

well I'm pretty down as Mother in law died the other day aged 88:(

Adje 10 Dec 2015 21:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by batcity (Post 611976)
well I'm pretty down as Mother in law died the other day aged 88:(

My condolences :(

batcity 10 Dec 2015 21:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adje (Post 611977)
My condolences :(

CHEERS MY FRIEND!!

AndrewG 11 Dec 2015 18:05

$2000 tickets for Springsteen tickets on Stubhub. Congrats to all the touts for making money out of this ridiculous nameless concert ticketing system that exists in the world. ;-)

Julie in the rv mirror 11 Dec 2015 23:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by AndrewG (Post 611984)
$2000 tickets for Springsteen tickets on Stubhub. Congrats to all the touts for making money out of this ridiculous nameless concert ticketing system that exists in the world. ;-)

They won't get it. People purposely post ridiculous prices because either:

1) They are speculating, and will buy the ticket for less elsewhere if someone is stupid enough to take them up on it;

2) It's a fake listing so that they can have access to certain info you can only get as a seller. If someone bites, see #1;

3) It's an inflated price to drive up the average listing price, and to make the other tickets listed at $500 look like a bargain by comparison.

Having said all that, I find it hard to believe that I was looking at a "No Tickets Available" message 30 seconds into the on sale. :roll: I'll get in somehow, but something's definitely messed up someplace. :?

AndrewG 12 Dec 2015 00:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by Julie in the rv mirror (Post 611986)
They won't get it. People purposely post ridiculous prices because either:

1) They are speculating, and will buy the ticket for less elsewhere if someone is stupid enough to take them up on it;

2) It's a fake listing so that they can have access to certain info you can only get as a seller. If someone bites, see #1;

3) It's an inflated price to drive up the average listing price, and to make the other tickets listed at $500 look like a bargain by comparison.

Having said all that, I find it hard to believe that I was looking at a "No Tickets Available" message 30 seconds into the on sale. :roll: I'll get in somehow, but something's definitely messed up someplace. :?

There was an interesting documentary about the ticketing trade here in the uk. Third party resellers get special access to buy them in bulk. They were showing employees at these companies buying them and them selling them on. Also ticket master has the getmein site plus they are also selling their premium tickets. With demand for tickets rising and all these middlemen and systems being added there seems to be very little chance for anyone who hasn't seen Springsteen to ever see him perform live. I definitely think all tickets should be named, photo ID at the door and no possible transfers. Max 4 tickets per person. Can't go? Tough luck.

Julie in the rv mirror 12 Dec 2015 00:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by AndrewG (Post 611987)
There was an interesting documentary about the ticketing trade here in the uk. Third party resellers get special access to buy them in bulk. They were showing employees at these companies buying them and them selling them on. Also ticket master has the getmein site plus they are also selling their premium tickets. With demand for tickets rising and all these middlemen and systems being added there seems to be very little chance for anyone who hasn't seen Springsteen to ever see him perform live. I definitely think all tickets should be named, photo ID at the door and no possible transfers. Max 4 tickets per person. Can't go? Tough luck.

They do paperless (credit card entry) for a lot of seats here. They aren't transferable, but the brokers still find a way. They always have the advantage.

Adje 12 Dec 2015 10:00

atm same is going on here in the Netherlands. Apparently Seatwave, which is a compagny owned by Ticketmaster, is getting all the great seats and selling them for ridiculous prices. Fans can't manage to buy those seats by ticketmaster because they are gone before official sale starts.

Of course Ticketmaster is denying that they reserve the tickets for Seatwave :roll:

Dutch politicians are looking into the matter to see if something can be done about it.

It's a long existing problem but it got 'hot' news here with ticketssales for the Adele concerts

tonyloaf 12 Dec 2015 12:38

1 standing ticket for nightwish at Wembley going.
19th Dec if anyone is interested

Julie in the rv mirror 12 Dec 2015 20:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adje (Post 611990)
atm same is going on here in the Netherlands. Apparently Seatwave, which is a compagny owned by Ticketmaster, is getting all the great seats and selling them for ridiculous prices. Fans can't manage to buy those seats by ticketmaster because they are gone before official sale starts.

Of course Ticketmaster is denying that they reserve the tickets for Seatwave :roll:

Dutch politicians are looking into the matter to see if something can be done about it.

It's a long existing problem but it got 'hot' news here with ticketssales for the Adele concerts

It actually may not be Ticketmaster funneling the tickets to the secondary market as much as it is the promoters, who then sell them themselves (Stubhub doesn't actually sell tickets, they are the marketplace and take a percentage as fees) and pocket the profit. No doubt the number of tickets the promoter receives is negotiated in the tour contracts.

Here's an interesting post on Reddit from someone who claims he used to work for a ticket broker:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Music/comme...curing/cxvsniz

Adje 12 Dec 2015 20:12

True, but the fact that Seatwave is actually from Ticketmaster doesn't help their credibility

Quote:

Originally Posted by Julie in the rv mirror (Post 611994)
It actually may not be Ticketmaster funneling the tickets to the secondary market as much as it is the promoters, who then sell them themselves (Stubhub doesn't actually sell tickets, they are the marketplace and take a percentage as fees) and pocket the profit. No doubt the number of tickets the promoter receives is negotiated in the tour contracts.

Here's an interesting post on Reddit from someone who claims he used to work for a ticket broker:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Music/comme...curing/cxvsniz

AndrewG 13 Dec 2015 00:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adje (Post 611995)
True, but the fact that Seatwave is actually from Ticketmaster doesn't help their credibility

You are correct. So they own ticket master sales fees, getmein tout resale fees and seat wave resale fees. It's a bit like playing monopoly on your own I guess.

chairboys 13 Dec 2015 19:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by AndrewG (Post 611996)
. It's a bit like playing monopoly on your own I guess.

But, bankruptcy is possible