mlukfc.com Forums

mlukfc.com Forums (https://www.mlukfc.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic (https://www.mlukfc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Post your thoughts (https://www.mlukfc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4661)

PanicLord 02 Jun 2017 22:35

Just heard about the most pointless debate on tv this time around... Lib Dem leader Tim Farron vs loony Lady Macbeth I mean Nicola Sturgeon of the SNP. Why lol? And also poor Tim.

AndrewG 04 Jun 2017 23:12

Ariana Grande is superb and a great inspiration for the younger generation.

Monstro 05 Jun 2017 01:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by AndrewG (Post 621633)
Ariana Grande is superb and a great inspiration for the younger generation.

She handled it so well, absolutely great voice, just wish I liked her music

tonyloaf 06 Jun 2017 18:49

great night

AndrewG 08 Jun 2017 14:20

Never thought I'd see the day that Phil Collins would have far less energy on stage than Meat Loaf on even his worst night but that is what seems to be happening. :-(

Not sure people should perform when things get that bad. These songs are far less challenging than anything from Bat ffs.

duke knooby 09 Jun 2017 18:24

I have read that Phil Collins has also had back surgery, and has been struggling to walk since the op.

Was there an election?

PanicLord 09 Jun 2017 19:40

Stop asking us to vote! We're really bad at it!!!

samurai7 09 Jun 2017 21:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by duke knooby (Post 621663)
I have read that Phil Collins has also had back surgery, and has been struggling to walk since the op

Yes, apparently he has foot drop now as a result, hence his fall in his hotel, which has led to the postponement of shows this week.

duke knooby 11 Jun 2017 01:46

first haircut in nearly a year

finally got tyres bought, and fitted, only took me 6 months

and me wee national team stole a win, sooo the world cup dream is still alive

duke knooby 20 Jun 2017 19:14

having finally stumbled upon Steve'n'Seagulls

I've decided I was a visionary, banjo works great on metal and rock songs... had meat used heavy banjo on hang cool, who knows where it would have gone

chairboys 20 Jun 2017 20:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by duke knooby (Post 621707)

I've decided I was a visionary,

You are the future.

Sebastian. 20 Jun 2017 20:50

The clock is ticking. 528 days to go.

chairboys 21 Jun 2017 20:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sebastian. (Post 621709)
The clock is ticking. 528 days to go.

Friday 30th November 2018?

duke knooby 21 Jun 2017 20:30

aye, but the future ain't what it used to be

Sebastian. 24 Jun 2017 21:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by chairboys (Post 621711)
Friday 30th November 2018?

The day I plan to move to the Vaterland.

chairboys 25 Jun 2017 16:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sebastian. (Post 621731)
The day I plan to move to the Vaterland.

Once you've settled I'll send over some back issues of the Mail !!!
Dare I mention the top notch Bat review in today's copy?

Sebastian. 25 Jun 2017 19:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by chairboys (Post 621734)
Once you've settled I'll send over some back issues of the Mail !!!
Dare I mention the top notch Bat review in today's copy?

Awesome! Will save buying toilet paper!
Dare I mention its racist, anti-muslim, anti-LGBT, perverted, false, propaganda nonsense?

chairboys 25 Jun 2017 21:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sebastian. (Post 621735)
Awesome! Will save buying toilet paper!
Dare I mention its racist, anti-muslim, anti-LGBT, perverted, false, propaganda nonsense?

Just remember, don't tarnish all the readers with the same brush, my friend!

chairboys 25 Jun 2017 21:15

Or tar!

duke knooby 25 Jun 2017 23:34

i wonder will ed do guiding light???

and i wonder will foy be a special guest for it

AndrewG 29 Jun 2017 13:58

A lot of people are celebrating their 27th birthday today it seems.

duke knooby 02 Jul 2017 15:22

Great to see our very own evil one post again :)

And unrelated, I was watching the bohemian rhapsody documentary again, where Brian may dissects the master recording, and gives insight into how it was made. Absolutely superb stuff, and I thought how brilliant it would have been to have Todd meat and steinman do a similar thing for bats 40th... like the behind the albums studio recording footage, but in more detail and depth.

duke knooby 06 Jul 2017 00:34

my favourite little formula ford is up for sale, and it still looks almost as good as the last time i worked on it :)

(and that was many years ago)

it's aged better than i have lol

AndrewG 06 Jul 2017 02:48

I hope CNN gets destroyed / sued in this now potential criminal investigation just like what happened to Gawker.

People calling themselves "journalists", then creating fake news or trying to destroy people / celebrities should disappear from the stage of informing / influencing / indoctrinating people. This stupid approach of trying to drum up a black or white image of individuals, politicians and celebrities is quite disgusting. It's bad enough if people do it and sure Donald Trump / Hillary Clinton etc can all be accused of doing exactly that. But a so called news organisation doing it is quite immoral and dangerous and is nothing more than propaganda where news owners are going beyond what they should be doing with the power they have.

I watched a very interesting documentary on the Gawker case available on Netflix. "Hulk Hogan vs. Gawker ". The documentary film makers desperately wanted you to stand on the side of the "free" press. Instead it made me despise such entities even more. Trying to call out a man because he is gay just because the Gawker CEO is gay and thinks people should come out when it suits him. Disgusting behaviour. Glad they got what was coming to them for a long time.

The meme war against CNN is very funny and they're getting what they thoroughly deserve imo.

Threatening the anonymity of the internet will never work and rightfully so. It would be like MLUKFC threatening to release private data of a user who posted something that had to be moderated and telling a user not to do it again or else :kickass:. Mental how CNN thinks they can get away with this, potentially threatening the privacy and even safety of a citizen who merely posted some satire. It seems CNN still hasn't accepted that Clinton lost and it will go to all lengths to destroy individuals who stand in the way of trying to overturn a democratic vote. Disgraceful.

Only one will come out intact and it won't be CNN I bet.

AndrewG 06 Jul 2017 03:30

You can dislike my post all you want BostonAngel because you see my post as pro Trump but far more is at stake. Not that you will understand I bet or even want to engage.

What is happening here could be similar to someone using the information of the history of all your dislikes to destroy you later on in life. Against your real name.

It's all fun and games until it happens to you.

CNN are behaving like a propaganda bully and they don't care who gets destroyed in the process just like what happened to Justine Sacco, which it now turns out a CNN reporter and a Gawker "journalist" were mostly to blame for, for stirring up. What a surprise, again.

https://www.ted.com/talks/jon_ronson...out_of_control