mlukfc.com Forums

mlukfc.com Forums (https://www.mlukfc.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic (https://www.mlukfc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   New Members (https://www.mlukfc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=798)

plukie 13 Aug 2003 18:26

As a fairly new member myself, I can understand how difficult it is to "jump in and have fun". The MLUKFC is a big happy family and although that is a wonderful thing sometimes it can be daunting (like gatecrashing a family party) but believe me, everybody makes you feel welcome and part of the family once you make yourself known.

It is lovely to be welcomed into the club but then you have to put a little bit of effort in to introduce yourselves to the other members. Once over the shyness it's worth it believe me. Good people, good laughs, good fun.

So come on, lets hear from you all.

original sin 13 Aug 2003 18:45

welcome to all our new members - jump in - enjoy

plukie, I was very interested to read your thoughts, never thought that it could be daunting because we were too friendly :? although now I have thought about i can see your point, people might think it was too tightly knit?

I sincerely hope all new member take plukie's advise and pluck up the courage(if needed) and join in.

I really like the picture of MLUKFC being a big happy family, but dont forget families have their own up's and downs and if anyone's worried about gatecrashing the party.............believe me as long as you bring a bottle thats fine :wink:

dottie 19 Aug 2003 16:01

Welcome Biggie - Hope you enjoy yourself - happy posting

Testify 19 Aug 2003 17:12

Hello to all the new members!!!

have a great time on here and enjoy! :D

Crystal Eyes 19 Aug 2003 22:41

It is true original sin. I'm also fairly new to the site and the way you all knew each other was slightly off putting. I'm not saying you should change of course. I more saying to new members to not worry. Just post and add your comments and you'll begin to settle in nicely.

original sin 19 Aug 2003 22:52

Thanks Crystal Eyes - Its good to know how things appear.
are you glad you joined the party? I'm pleased you stayed :wink:

A big welcome to all newbies, please find a spot and introduce yourselves

Crystal Eyes 20 Aug 2003 13:11

' Course I'm glad I joined. I love reading all your comments and I check the site regulary. Hey! I just noticed I'm now a senior loafer! My god, I didn't realise I done that many posts. Guess I got kinda wrapped up.

original sin 20 Aug 2003 15:29

:lmao: yes it does have that kind of effect on you!!! let this also be a warning to all new comers :lmao:

Tim 20 Aug 2003 23:53

Hello all new members... i see there are a lot of newbies since my last post in this topic.

Hope you will enjoy it here.

CarolM 21 Aug 2003 01:14

Hey speak for yourselves i bite. :lol: only joking even though i have got a blue face :cry: welcome one and all enjoy, it is brilliant here :lol: , people are warm and friendly one in a million, :D i mean that to all you guys on the forums honestly. :wink:, we are really honoured to be here for you all ,and for Meat Im glad we joined ,we have made so many friends and we wouldnt be without you all.From Carol and Mousiexxxx.

dottie 21 Aug 2003 16:33

Hiya Duncan,only just found you - sorry :oops: come back please :!: we love to have new blood here on the forum :lol:

Tim 21 Aug 2003 16:40

Okay, now we have the proove, Dottie is a vampire!!! :evil:

dottie 21 Aug 2003 16:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tim
Dottie is a vampire!!! :evil:

Oh no it wasn't meant to sound like that :lol:

Tim 21 Aug 2003 16:44

Yeah right dottie.... heheh... think we have lost a lot of members now :P

dottie 21 Aug 2003 16:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tim
Yeah right dottie.... heheh... think we have lost a lot of members now :P

Maybe if I changed my avatar to an angel (Um no cann't do that) I just think I'll have to pay a visit to the dentist to have my fangs out, and then arrange for some sunshine conveniently to fall on my body....

heat 21 Aug 2003 16:49

Sorry Dottie - No dentist talk here - i expressly forbid it!!!

I'm psychologically scarred since my last trip to the dentist, and any mention of them sends me into a relapse... 8O

dottie 21 Aug 2003 17:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by heat
Sorry Dottie - No dentist talk here - i expressly forbid it!!!

I'm psychologically scarred since my last trip to the dentist, and any mention of them sends me into a relapse... 8O

Oh Heat I'm so sorry, I wouldn't remind you of that scene with Dustin Hoffman and Sir Laurence Oliver for all the tea (teeth) in China :lol:

dottie 21 Aug 2003 17:21

Welcome Thoy, have a great time here - happy posting :)

Crystal Eyes 22 Aug 2003 16:21

Please don't feel you have to explain what scene you mean. I too have been greatly mentally scarred by certain trips to the dentist's

original sin 22 Aug 2003 18:44

Another new member :lol: Welcome SallyH

Tim 24 Aug 2003 00:09

Not 1 new member, i see a lot newbies around here!!! Hello you all. Hope you all will enjoy it here!

Terri 24 Aug 2003 13:00

:D Welcome all new members, have fun posting!!!!! :D

dottie 24 Aug 2003 17:37

Welcome rumpleteaser - enjoy yourself

Testify 24 Aug 2003 22:36

welcome to all the new members!!! have fun. :D

Bigmomma 25 Aug 2003 00:46

I noticed you were saying that not a lot of new members come on
this part, well it took me a little while of browsing around the forum
before I found it.
maybe if you changed the title to, welcome new members ?
sorry for being presumptious,butting in, its just that I know what its like
being the newbie....
bigmomma