mlukfc.com Forums

mlukfc.com Forums (https://www.mlukfc.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Messages (https://www.mlukfc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Welcome To The Neighbourhood - Special Edition Preorder!!! (https://www.mlukfc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16813)

Smithie 21 Apr 2011 17:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 543332)
I know they performed Where The Rubber Meets The Road twice at the Hudson Theater promo show, as they had to reshoot part of it after hitting an audience member in the head with a camera boom. :shock:

That's a cool story. Thanks for sharing. I always thought Red Light would make a fun live song.

Dave 21 Apr 2011 18:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by WarioLoaf (Post 543334)
interesting. whered you get that information :)

maybe the source could give you an accurate set list?

If that performance of the rubber on the cd and that aired was take two, id imagine take one was just as impressive :)

Sadly, the source is/was TMB. He started the whole Meat Loaf online revolution. He is no longer with us, having slipped into the eternal bat cave, but he is there keeping the berry juice cold for the Lost Boys and Golden Girls when it is our turn. It was amazing, every time he would go to a Meat Loaf show to hear the utter joy in his voice when he would call me with the details of the show(s).

Kathy 22 Apr 2011 01:52

ordered! Looking forward to it :-)

Wario 22 Apr 2011 04:38

ORDERED. so pumped. hope the cd itself is a remaster

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 543341)
Sadly, the source is/was TMB. He started the whole Meat Loaf online revolution. He is no longer with us, having slipped into the eternal bat cave, but he is there keeping the berry juice cold for the Lost Boys and Golden Girls when it is our turn. It was amazing, every time he would go to a Meat Loaf show to hear the utter joy in his voice when he would call me with the details of the show(s).

Im very sorry, he sounded like a wonderful person

jcmoorehead 26 Apr 2011 19:14

Just pre-ordered it, WTTN was actually the first Meat Loaf album which I owned myself so it holds a special place in my heart. Got it back when I was about 9-10 to go with my first ever proper CD player. I had been listening to BOOH2 since it's release (Think I was 4 when it came out, I was born in 87, came out in 91 right?) but it and BOOH were my parents so this was my first proper album. :D

It also helps that it's a bloody amazing album!

A Slice Of English 26 Apr 2011 19:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by jcmoorehead (Post 543733)
Just pre-ordered it, WTTN was actually the first Meat Loaf album which I owned myself so it holds a special place in my heart. Got it back when I was about 9-10 to go with my first ever proper CD player. I had been listening to BOOH2 since it's release (Think I was 4 when it came out, I was born in 87, came out in 91 right?) but it and BOOH were my parents so this was my first proper album. :D

It also helps that it's a bloody amazing album!

BOOH2 was 1993 old boy. But I share your sentiments.

deanryan 26 Apr 2011 23:03

Im a new Meat Loaf fan so this is the first re-release of a older album ive had the chance to preorder. Which i just have done!. Sounds great, and ive only heard the singles from this album, so some of the tracks will be totally new to me.

I want to get the double disk version of BOOH2 as well, but it seem very expensive everywhere.

Benny 27 Apr 2011 00:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by deanryan (Post 543749)
Im a new Meat Loaf fan so this is the first re-release of a older album ive had the chance to preorder. Which i just have done!. Sounds great, and ive only heard the singles from this album, so some of the tracks will be totally new to me.

I want to get the double disk version of BOOH2 as well, but it seem very expensive everywhere.

Welcome dude

I'm well excited about this! COZ, The Beacon show is my FAV live recording EVER! LOVE LOVE LOVE :-)

Ma.Ra 28 Apr 2011 23:18

Any chance that amazon will sell it?
Sorry Kev, but they deliver much faster than the English Mail....

Meataholic 30 Apr 2011 23:38

Just ordered... :cool:

lorenzoduke 06 May 2011 02:48

I wish we could get some true demos and rarities, or even remixes. Martha with just piano...Left In The Dark a capella...I don't know, just something we haven't heard before.

All the same, I can't wait for this one. WTTN is an amazing album, and my memories of the tour are fantastic. Quality through and through.

loaferman61 06 May 2011 17:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ma.Ra (Post 543895)
Any chance that amazon will sell it?
Sorry Kev, but they deliver much faster than the English Mail....

Will it be released in America, or is it UK only?

Kev 10 May 2011 13:49

No idea on a US release as its something we've been working on here with the material that EMI have.

nowherefast 10 May 2011 19:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kev (Post 544516)
No idea on a US release as its something we've been working on here with the material that EMI have.

Hi Kev,

Already placed my order with you for it and can't wait. Two quick Qs though:
- Do you know if the album has been remastered? Or is it just a re-release of the original?
- And, if this is release is successful, do you see any plans for any other albums to be done in the same format (specifically wondering about Bad Attitude)?

Thanks!

Kev 11 May 2011 12:03

Morning.

There has been nothing mentioned about it being remastered.

As for the album you mentioned, thats a Sony title rather them EMI and I think they've done all they're likely to do with the 80s album. They threw them together with Bat titles for Piece Of The Action.

The good thing with the EMI stuff is that some money will end up in Meat's pocket, whereas the Sony stuff doesn't.

nowherefast 11 May 2011 17:49

Thanks for the info Kev.

Bohemian 12 May 2011 05:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kev (Post 544580)
Morning.
The good thing with the EMI stuff is that some money will end up in Meat's pocket, whereas the Sony stuff doesn't.


Meat doesn't get performance (or songwriting, where relevant) royalties from any of the recordings on Sony BMG?!?

Did he sell them at one stage, or…?

Kev 13 May 2011 17:19

The story is that meat accepted a £/$10m payment but was owed much much more from BAT alone. I'm sure someone could fill in the details?

Bohemian 14 May 2011 09:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kev (Post 544678)
The story is that meat accepted a £/$10m payment but was owed much much more from BAT alone. I'm sure someone could fill in the details?

Right. :|

So I assume this deal was forthcoming from the label when Meat was flat broke, or close to, in the 80s?

It's sad that its such an oft-repeated story that some of the most rediculously popular/successful ventures generate so little (relatively) for the people behind them. At least it kept Todd's career afloat all these years.

:(

Kev 14 May 2011 09:58

http://www.jimsteinman.com/ew93.htm

CarylB 14 May 2011 12:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bohemian (Post 544749)
Right. :|

So I assume this deal was forthcoming from the label when Meat was flat broke, or close to, in the 80s?

No, Meat had to fight his way back on his own. Almst impossible to take on these fat-cat giants in court I'd have thought when you've lost everything and simply have to get back on your feet and rebuild to support your family. Fortunately Meat had, and has, the guts to do this, as well as a talent no record company could own.

My recollection is that the settlement Meat finally accepted was late in the 90s .. and even last year Popovitch was still involved in litigation with them

Quote:

It's sad that its such an oft-repeated story that some of the most ridiculously popular/successful ventures generate so little (relatively) for the people behind them.
Indeed :(

Caryl

Adje 14 May 2011 13:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by loaferman61 (Post 544352)
Will it be released in America, or is it UK only?

Amazon.com has it for the ridiculous price of 40.64 USD. Release June 14th

Amazon.co.uk has is for 13.99 Pounds on June 6th. ;)

Kev 16 May 2011 13:26

Or the exclusive print version here!!!

Dave 16 May 2011 15:07

Either way, it will take forever for the physical copy to get here. Put it up as an international download and be done with it. I won't pay to wait.

Kev 18 May 2011 16:05

We've about 20 left of this one with the Print and EMI have infromed me that they won't be printing any more. :)


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 21:19.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright ©1999 - mlukfc.com
Made by R.


Page generated in 0.04012 seconds with 11 queries.